AF Daily - Tuesday Aug 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all. tales of contact lenses eh. i used to wear them and can totally relate to all the stories. this was early in my drinking 'career' ... dog knows how i would have managed later. i was gutted when i had to stop wearing them cos of problems but now i love wearing glasses as they hide the eye wrinkles.... i managed to come home without my specs a couple of times.... how i dont know as im blind as a flipping bat without them. lets hope i dont have to worry about this kind of escapade now
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hi folk's!

Well, i think it's time for me to add reading glasses to my repertoire of black leather jacket, tattoo's, bike, and guitar slung over the shoulder. A cliche perhap's, but maybe some Buddy Holly style glasses would set me apart?.......

A safe, sober, and magical week to everyone. Go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

Just checking in - was in sort of a slump yesterday but spirits are much better today. I think all this crazy heat and humidity here this summer is starting to wear me down! I have a quiet evening planned but one thing for sure, I have to water my garden - it's been in the 90's for the past 2 days....

Hope all of you are having a great AF day!
        John
        AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Today I went over to the nursing home to catch the Elvis impersonation show.
          It was actually very entertaining. I got there a few minutes into it and could see my dad up front (he LOVES Elvis) A nicely dressed woman in a wheelchair beside him was HOLDING HIS HAND!! When it was over, she asked me what his name was. :H It was good that happened today as his roommate died last night and he was feeling sort of blue. I'm beat and I need to water too, but I hope stuff can make it through the night.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Go ahead & get your glasses G - I'm sure you'll look

Greenie, my FIL was the king of bingo in the nursing home! He used to share all the 'prizes' with the ladies, they loved it

I think this heat & humidity is beating me up! Way too hot & disgusting for PA. The weeds seem to be enjoying it though judging by their non-stop growth :H
            Anyway I feel my mood dragging...........hope we get a good break soon.

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello again Fabbie Abbies!!! Wow what great contact / glasses stories! It took me awhile to get that dang thing out of my eye. I started early so I would have hours of time if needed. I kept thinking of you all and worried that I would poke my eye out. It finally came out but I'm not sure exactly how that happened. So tomorrow will be a new adventure I am currenty using a +1.75 correction but want to try +2.00 to see what that does. I stopped by the eye doc and they only had +2.25 in stock which I think will be too much. But I told them I would try that tomorrow AM. I better get up at 3 to allow time to 1) put in +2.25. 2) Take out +2.25. 3) put in +1.75. Better make that 2AM.

G no Buddy Holly glasses. Get something more Elton John. :bling If you're gonna do it, then DO IT!!!!

Lav and Rusty and all others suffering this horrid hot humid weather - I'm with you. It's exhausting me. I need a break.

Me and Mr. D made some progress tonight moving some crap out of the upstairs of the house in anticipation of the remodeling project starting. The final meeting with the decorator is Friday and if the proposal is "right" (everything included that should be there) we are going to sign, write a big fat check, and GO. What a mess. It will be so great to have the inside of our house (except the Scary Basement - Mr. D's domain) finished and updated. Whew.

Why is it all the single 29 year old here get the libido, and us married 29 year olds get none???? :soapbox: Life is just not fair!!

One thing is for sure......

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Evening All!
                Have been lurking today off and on. No real contact stories to share-tried them as a teen, as a young adult and no go. My allergies made them feel like grains of sand in my eyes so I'm stuck with being a 4 eyes!! Sounds like they will be a success for you DG-go for it!! you will get used to popping them in and out and you'll be a pro in no time!

We got a break in the heat and humidity today and I guess for tomorrow as well. It's coming in from the Northeast which is unusual so non New Englanders-no break for you for a while? Unfortunately the cooler weather didn't help at all in our AC-less suite of offices. The unit is broke and IF the part comes in tomorrow it will be fixed, if not....... Can I just say that being a state employee is NOT all it's cracked up to be? Grrrrr.

Had a very busy and productive day today. Got up at 5:40 and YEP, took one of the boyz for a walk!! The calm one. Left LM and DD at home.
                Got into work and actually didn't want to procrastinate today. Don't really have the luxury anymore but I was shocked at how much I got done. Dare I say I might be caught up after the weekend?? Shhhh. I planned all my meals and I'm happy to report I am below my calorie and carb limits for the day!! After dinner, I took DD for a 30 min brisk walk-this was at 8pm which is a first for me. I slipped his reflective vest on and off we went. Kinda nice actually. Came back and immediately started putting together the zucchini/summer squash quiche I bought all the ingredients for on Sunday (except the squash of course!!). The recipe said it was for one quiche but after reading the comments I decided to divide it into 2. It's cooking now and will be my lunch tomorrow with a salad.

I am finally winding down and looking forward to what I hope will be a very sound sleep. I deserve it!!

I never would have done all this while I still drinking. Although I too feel my life hasn't improved the way I thought it would when I quit AL, it's days like today that help me to see that improvements don't have to be huge. Baby steps are OK too.

:l
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

DG - I know the feeling of writing those big FAT checks for remodeling projects. We just finished remodeling our condo in FL and the final check is due tomorrow. It's painful but so worth it if you're satisfied with the work when it's all done. Good luck with the project - it can be stressful!!
                  John
                  AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Paguy, can I go stay at your condo in FL while our place is torn apart??? Pretty pwease??? Sounds like you will have a nice place to go this winter!

P3, I was so happy for you to read your earlier report about your visit with the nutritionist. You sound super motivated to make the lifestyle changes. You GO girl!! I know what you mean about those days when you get a lot done. I never got anything done in the drinking days. I LOVE productive days now. I finished up some book keeping stuff today and that always feels like a HUGE load off my shoulders! I sure hope they get your AC at work fixed soon!

Well, I'm gong to take my tired eyeballs to bed now. So grateful to be sober! And no hangover tomorrow. What a blessing that is!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

thank you DG-I'm pretty excited myself!! I'll keep you all posted. Got up and walked the calm one again this morning!!
                      :l
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                      X