Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Good Morning Fabbie Abbies!!

Just a quick hello before I get over to the river. I had to do some yard work first so I'm running a bit late.

Here's a poison ivy link from Dr. Weil's site. Preventing Poison Ivy - Dr. Weil's Daily Tip

And here's a link to a telecast tonight you might find interesting. It's on tapping to eliminate limiting beliefs. This series does not have replays so if you miss it, well... that's it. Event: August 12 9 PM Eastern

I don't know if you're following sheri's thread "It's up to me", but it is SO powerful!

Have a titialtaingly AF Thursday!

I swear to you, the phone just rang and FH is in feckin' jail for a loud muffler ticket he didn't pay. I'm going to the river and think about how this isn't my problem.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE.....
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Greenie, OMG! A loud muffler.

Hey - you got the day right today - we're off to a great start!

I got about 2 hours of sleep and feel like crap but it's day 28, I find out today exactly what day I go in next week and I'm going to get my hair cut so you know what? I'll have a nap later.

I'm zooming but I'll check in a bit.
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

hah! Greenie. Hope he didn't waste his 1 phone call (or hope he did...)

For poison ivy (the only lush and thriving plant in my thirsty drought-fried yard), I swear by Tecnu.

I'm off to work. I'm at 29 days AF (right there with you, Uni), which I think puts PAguy at 1 month. If he drops in, give him a hug and a high five!

Wishing everyone good things for the day (alcohol not included),

Pride
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Hello friends

Greenie, I got a good chuckle out of visualizing your dad in the nursing home at the Elvis show, too funny!:H

I'm trying to remain calm about the pending vaca. I got baseball tickets, and rooms reserved so that helps me relax a bit. I have a few loose ends to tie up and a funeral to attend this morning, but I keep telling myself, it really doesn't matter when we leave...

I'm going to try to start taking my supplements again (except for the Allone-yuck!) to see if it helps my mood, etc. I'm feeling awfully stabby lately.

On with the coach saga. I've been trying to be more assertive and to speak my mind more, you know. Anyway, I posted something a little snippy about the coach issue on facebook and it seems to upset a couple of my friends. One is the coaches mom (even though I didn't name names) and another is the female volleyball coach. And who knows who else. All I said was "Do coaches have to take a course on how to be a jerk?" and really do they? Because you take a perfectly nice person and as soon as they get a coaches hat they turn into one. Anyway, I apologized and I hope I am forgiven. It was probably a mistake posting it on FB, but I keep thinking in the past I would have been down at the bar telling anyone and everyone I know about it. So it could be worse, right?

Ok, I really gotta get going. Have a great AF weekend all. I know I will!:h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Morning Abbers,

Reporting in during a thunder storm (which is supposed to break the current heatwave)! On generator power at the moment. Thank God for generators

Wow Greenie, FH is in lockup for an umpaid citation? No one bothers with that business around here. Maybe you are witnessing a true miracle

Greetings Uni & Pride!
          Nothing wrong with an afternoon nap Uni - one of my fav things to do!

Didn't get much work done yesterday - was too busy battling mixed feelings about my FH..........
          Took all day to regain my footing so work was pushed aside. Today I'm back in charge - yay!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Cross post LVT - have a great weekend
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Hi guys,

Okay, back from the haircut - feels better. I have an appt with my therapist in about 10 minutes (via phone) but I am going insane waiting for the phone to ring to tell me when I go in for treatment. It's been a rough week emotionally and honestly, I just really want to get there now that the decision is made. Waiting sucks.

The women for sobriety meeting last night was great - I really like that group of ladies.

Anyway, I promised hubby I would mow the lawn so I guess I better do that after my phone call. I hate mowing the lawn. I would really rather just go back to bed but I know I need to keep moving.

I won't be on for the next couple of days as I am going to my cottage with the family for the last weekend before my treatment begins. I am looking forward to some relaxation.

Talk to you soon!

Love and hugs,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

OH LVT-how WELL I know about coaches. In my former life I dealt with them 6 days a week and not just one, but in some seasons, 9 at a time!! And no, they unfortunately don't have to take a "How to be a Jerk" course. It just seems to come naturally once they put that hat on!!

Another hot and steamy day in the office!! Even worse then yesterday even tho the hallway and outside are gorgeous!! No air flow in this old poorly designed building. They are working on the unit so hopefully by this afternoon we'll be cooler. Sigh.

Lav, good to hear you're feeling more positive today. I can't even imagine the slew of emotions you have to deal with everyday. Hang in there.

Greenie-Too funny about your FH. I started this reply a couple of hours ago so I don't know if you've given us an update or not on what you decided to do if anything.

OK, hi to everyone else and back to work for me!!

:l
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Hello Abbies,

Greenie what is wrong with this man? It is SO not your problem. I'd rather schedule a poison ivy outbreak than deal with that. Pair it with a yeast infection and then what a happy camper I would be.

Hi Uni, Lav, Papmom. LV I hope you have a great vacation, and it sounds like your putting prepartion into in on many levels.

I am having a weird day. The kids are driving me wild and we are stuck at home waiting for a delivery. I might have to yell today. Better yell than drink, that's for sure. I just hope they don't break something. I'm betting that in under 12 minutes my daughter will be screaming in tears because of something. Always happens. I will embrace her sensitivity! I will I will I will!

Just heard a slam in the basement. It's just a matter of minutes now...

Uh oh now it's VERY quiet. Did they break something?

OK I guess I'll feed them - that should keep them busy for 10 minutes. Oh how I love and enjoy them!
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Oh my ... Look what I found out in the corner of the back porch. Wonder how that got there?

I also wonder how many more of these "hidden assets" I'll stumble on in my household travels. At least I'm not adding to them (or stumbling drunk)!

AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

greeneyes;932594 wrote: I don't know if you're following sheri's thread "It's up to me", but it is SO powerful!
                      The growth opportunities being discussed in Sheri's thread are one of the things I love most about AA. Exploring those types of topics with other people who share this disease in common with me. So now you know another reason I get so much out of AA. It's not JUST for the new friends.

Greenie, I agree with the others FH is not your problem. How about some caller ID and subsequent voice mail utilization? You can then delete the messages without listening to them! I hear that jail builds character. He does realize that when you get a ticket for something, you DO have to pay it, right? Well, if he didn't realize that I'm sure he does now. Let his family deal with his drama (if they so choose). He's not your family any more. I hope you had fun at the river!

Pride, I was mortified when Mr. Doggy found a full bottle (those HUGE ones) of vodka in the guest bathroom. I have no recollection of hiding it there. Any time those little pieces of evidence turn up, I am just more and more grateful to be sober today.

Gaia, I hope your kids didn't break anything! I admire Mom's. I don't think I could do it.

P3, I hope you don't pass out in the heat with no a/c!

Uni, enjoy the cottage. I have that problem too with waiting. Once I make a decision, I want to GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!!! I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Lav, I'm sorry you had some sad FH thinking yesterday. I'm sure there are going to be days like that as part of the healing. :l

Dang. I just hit a wrong couple of keys and deleted half my post. Oh well - I guess I wasn't supposed to say whatever I was babbling on about. :H

I'm sure i WAS supposed to congratulate our "close to one month" clubbers here (Uni, Pride, PAguy) and to say happy trails to LVT for that vacation. If I missed anyone please accept my apologies!

I've done AA, Curves, volunteer work at the mission and now I'm zoom zoomin' on a couple of errands and then I'm going to try to get more crap moved to the basement in preparation for this remodeling project. I'm going to sleep good tonight!

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

River was good and I left him in jail. I needed to.... for both of us, especially me. I made it through the spider bite recovery issue. I'm making it through jail. I have a feeling this is leading up to something bigger so I'm paying attention, in titanium BGPs.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Zooming zooming off to agility in a few. Didn't pass out from the heat but it was close. thankfully the HVAC guys fixed the unit and by 2pm we had AC. Yea!! I'm sure, very very very sure, that had I been hungover today I would have passed out and gotten very embarrassingly sick from the heat.

Good for you Greenie!! That something big sounds very onimous. I don't have a good feeling in my gut. Good thing you are paying attention so that you can get a head start on running far away if that is what is needed.

Gaia-echoing that hope that nothing got broken, esp. the kids :H !!
                          Pride-that find must have been a shock!!
                          Congrats to all our 30 dayers!! Nicely done and keep it up!!
                          Will check in later.
                          :l
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Just to let you all know...........
                            My titanium BGPs are freshly laundered & pressed in preparation for this weekend :H:H

I am SERIOUSLY sick & tired of being ignored. This cold shoulder routine is becomimg quite a bore ass. Excuse me! My oscillating moods are taking a toll on me! Everytime I start to think I'm feeling a little better something else pops up

ENOUGH!!!

Wish it wasn't raining - I was looking forward to seeing the meteor showers tonight :upset:
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily - Thursday 8/12

Greeting's Abber's!

Congratulation's Uni, Pride, and PAguy for your respective 30 day's af! That is brilliant. Keep marching on!
                              Keep smiling Lav and Greenie!
                              Look at us with all this energy and positivity. The sober life is the best! Exciting, fun, and anything is possible. Deep inside, i know the truth, my truth, and what work's for me. Bravo!

And One thing's for sure..........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X