AF daily - Friday 13th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah Mozzie weather. We're having that here too. I got eaten alive in the garden a few days ago and haven't braved it since. I MUST brave it today before everything rots out there. I will be donning Rusty's off cologne for sure.

Greenie, I'm green about you getting in the pool. Wish I was there with you.

Tell me more about your experience with monovision. I recall you talking about "rewiring" the brain and not wanting to do that, so I assumed you had not done monovision. How long did you do it? Why did you stop? I can see what you mean about catch or frisbee.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

:l Lav. I hope he is willing to give you the answers you are looking for. Seems only fair after all these years.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG here's the deal with MY eyes. Without correction I see very well to read, computer work, that sort of thing. But I need correction to see at a distance. My right eye is dominant. I can wear a contact in my right eye and function fine. I can see distance with the corrected right and close-up with the uncorrected left. Convenient, but not as good as I would like and there is that dead zone. I think the dead zone is created by your eyes and your brain discussing which eye is going to get the focus job. It doesn't happen automatically nor is it fast enough for moving objects like frisbees. I do it depending on if I want to mess with glasses at all, (distance or reading), but not on a regular basis. Mostly I would do it when I am in an office setting when I need to be able to do paperwork and see people at a distance at a glance, not pulling glasses on and off. Tomorrow at a pool party I will probably do that. I also have a left contact that I can wear that provides some correction and I have a new pair of bifocal contacts I haven't tried yet. In other areas of my life I am low maintenance... really...:H

Lav... have you considered that right here, right now, YOU can decide where you stand? Just a thought :h And have you considered going and hitting a bucket of golf balls? Seriously.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hey, am I the only guy who drops in on this thread? I hope you don't mind. I enjoy reading your posts - there is alot of comaraderie (?spelling) here!

Today has been pretty uneventful for me thus far and that's pretty good for a Friday the 13th. Work was very quiet, I came home and took a 20-minute power nap before my neighbor called and asked if we wanted to go out to our favorite local Mexican restaurant. My neighbor really enjoys her Margaritas and will be expecting me to join her but I will be holding steadfast - NO MARGARITAS for me! It looks like I will be the designated driver :H

Weekend is shaping up to be pretty uneventful as well. No major plans at the moment.

Hope all of you enjoy an AF Friday evening!
          John
          AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Hello Friend's!

Yep paguy, there are other blokes on this thread! Congratulation's again on your af time. That's brilliant.

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, and magical weekend!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening everyone and welcom PAguy!!
              Lav, I'll be thinking of you and sending mega pings your way for tomorrow and the Big Mow.

Interesting night at the Dad's house tonite for dinner. It was delish BTW and fairly low in carbs-just the unbelievably good corn on the cob and the apple/cran juice/ginger drink i had.
              We got started on what usually ends up being a pretty snippy conversation with me being the snippy one after a few drinks and my dad digging in his heels as well. Funny thing was, without AL in my system, I didn't feel my temper rising and very calmly I told him that it (we were discussing which dog to bring to my friend's house on the Cape when I visit. I want to bring Koby for the beach time, my dad thinks I should bring Calm One) was my decision, my friend (who I haven't even discussed this with yet), and although suggestions and advice will be duly noted, that's all they are. This was said firmly but very calmly. I thought someone else was doing the talking for me :H. Dad of course had to get his preference in one last time, I said "noted" and conversation closed. Soooooo different than our patterns in the past and I'm sooooooo grateful.
              Baby steps.
              Good nite all-see you in the morning, unhung and sober and ready to take on the day.
              :l
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
              X