AF Daily Sunday 8/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Sunday 8/15

Happy Sunday! I've been off the site for a few days. Have not had anything else to drink since last Tuesday night. Had a rather bad reaction to the Effexor I was just getting started on. Face had a red rash, felt dizzy and actually took a fall onto my knees! Luckily the one I just had injected seems to be intact and the other is just bruised. I have not felt like drinking which has helped. I'm going to take it ODAT and I will get back on track. Am hoping to work some exercise in soon as the knees are completely better! Going for some muscle strengthening exercise at PT on Tues.
    I've just finished reading all the posts and am inspired by some of the suggestions for reading and writing. Paguy...I was struck by the friend who is only worried about losing her drinking buddy. Not the best friend. I'm so impressed by the fact that you would not even taste a drop which, as we all know, only leads to the next taste. I've been slowly admitting to my family that I have a drinking problem. Another sister is visiting next weekend and she is very supportive. Now to get some much needed clean-up projects started.
    Cheers,
    Auntie
    AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

AF Daily Sunday 8/15

Hi everyone,

Feeling a bit low energy today, after all the rain. Just chiming in for a drowsy Sunday.

Welcome HC, and hi again Auntie. PA that was a revealing reaction from her friend. Her concern was for herself not for you.

I"ll be more animated tomorrow, for sure.
      AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily Sunday 8/15

Hi Gaia,

Me too. Having a well deserved day off work today. Yeeaah.
        Enjoy your evening. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily Sunday 8/15

Hi, Abbers,

Just a check in here. Good stuff on this thread today.

I went to see Crosby, Stills, Nash, no Young and then topped by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on Thursday. Not a whiff of alcohol passed these lips despite all the heavy drinking around us. I was glad hubby was with me, it helped me stay strong.

Boy was the concert fun!! Great music, I mean great music, and a very nice evening with the hubster. It was good to have a fun night out and be sober as yet another step towards my sober life happy.

I think it is important we do find things we enjoy to do and do them completely sober. Every time we enjoy a bit of life without alcohol just reinforces that we are able to live a good and happy sober life.

Well, tomorrow morning brings my newest little guy into the family. My last grandchild. They are planning on calling him Tristan but I will wait until they fill out the birth certificate. You know how that goes. He may show up and just simply not be a Tristan, if you know what I mean.

I am a bit nervous but glad to be able to take some time off, watch the 15 month old and take my 8 year old to school and be of service. Mom and dad are going to be extremely busy when this little guy shows up so close on the heels of the last one.

Hope all have/have had a wonderful AF day.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily Sunday 8/15

Cindi, that sounds like a great concert!! You are absolutely right about the sober experiences. Advance congrats on the grandbaby! I was supposed to be named something else but I didn't have the look so I was named greenie. :H

Auntie, what do you mean the one you injected? I read that a couple times and can't figure it out. Glad you're OK. That's sort of worrisome! Did you speak to your doc?

gaia, we had rain all day too. I did the walk and stayed home the rest of the day. I abandoned the church music and opted for a clean house - it's been a while.

paguy, that is disappointing about your friend. But maybe she'll take your example to heart and make some positive changes herself! You've got some good solid commitment going on for yourself!!

justjoan :welcome: Great to see you here - please stick around!

Great post oney! Wish you'd hang around some more :l

Shout out to patrice and gorgeous g

DG - keep an eye on them when they re-do the plumbing, right!! Make sure they double check everything.

I was all set to listen to this telecast tonight but I fecked around on the links and although it SAID free, I couldn't get past members only this... that.... so I gave up and am feeling stabby about it.

That's OK. It's almost time for THE robe and Masterpiece Theatre on PBS. Life is good.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Sunday 8/15

Morning all.
              Although it isnt Sunday in my part of the world, I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to all who commented on my post. I think one of the main reasons I used alcohol for so long was because I am so impatient. Life is a vicious circle at present. I am anxious and depressed so I dont want to leave the house but because I dont leave the house I feel more anxious and depressed! I know that I have to force myself to do things sometimes because they make me feel better. I have been wallowing in a "poor me" mood for too long.
              I am going to do what Guitarista suggested and find things to be grateful for. That is my goal for the week. One (tiny) step at a time!

Thanks everyone.

Hip

(My first thing I am grateful for - YOU LOT!)
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

AF Daily Sunday 8/15

Hippy Chick;935350 wrote: I know that I have to force myself to do things sometimes because they make me feel better.
                That is so important to remember hippychick! Push through and it will get easier. Not right away,,, but it will!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                X