Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Good Morning Everyone.

Time to get this day started. Back from my workout and headed to the shower soon. It's going to be a pool day today. I don't have a babysitter this week so not much is getting accomplished in the work arena. Hot as anything out there today.

Prayers to Startingover and her mum.

Oops. I meant to type 8/17 not 8/4 and I can't go back and edit it. Sorry.

M3
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Hi M3,

Thanks for starting us off. I guess you work out before DH goes to work? Lucky dog! I need to start doing this! I need a sitter too! I'm desperate! I'm meeting a potential sitter this morning so maybe whoop whoop there is hope for the future and a night out will be in order (enjoying the FOOD and the experience).

I know what you mean about not accomplishing anything but I think one just has to go with it and enjoy the moment.

I join your thoughts to Starty and her mom.

Best,
    T.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Hi all! M3! You can turn back time! We are all 29 as we were on 8/4! Life is good! Thank you for getting us started today.

Yes Starty - more thoughts and prayers for your Mom and you and your family.

I wish I could borrow some kids and go to the pool today! Instead of working here in the house getting ready for the remodel! M3, want to trade????

Gaia I hope your sitter interview goes well. Not being a Mom, I just can't imagine having the responsibility for little ones 24X7. Life would be one giant time out I think. :H

I am taking the day "off" from business and personal things. No AA, Weight Watchers, Curves, leads groups, volunteer work, none of that. Just a check in here and then I'm busy packing stuff up. I'm not going to procrastinate by eating my way out of it either. (there is a good reason for no weight watchers today!) All a sober learning experience. At least I'm not drinking my way through it and that's progress!

Happy Tuesday to one and all.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Happy Tuesday to my friends here, too!!

Feeding granddaughter a "good" breakfast of ... Ravioli?? That is what she wanted and I figure it is nutritional at the very least. At least for a young person who runs and plays and burns all those carbs off.

She didn't want the "grown up" cereal I had for her. :H

Anyway, I must run off. I need to get her to school and then go see my girl. I can't wait to see my newest grandchild again. He is so tiny and cute.

When in the world did I get old enough to have five grandchildren? I think I was drunk through most of it.

Today I can be there for them and grateful for that. Completely grateful.

I hope all have a wonderful AF day.

Love,
        Cindi

ps I am still "chewing" on the thread from yesterday. I want to respond to all but don't have time. I am thinking of all of you, though. Please know that.
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Morning abbers!

M3 I'm not sure I can do the river today... I'm groggy from last night's not so great sleep. My father is having one of his irregular sleep spells and calls me all hours of the night. It used to not wake me up when I was taking the AD, but now I don't always sleep through the ringing in the other room. Grrrrr...

You and gaia should read the daily OM today. It's about taking a break from what you're doing, like a reset button. We could all use a reset button every now and then, eh?

I hope starty and her mom will settle into a peaceful navigation route. Having been in that position, I can truly empathize. Marshy's been on my mind lately too. I wish she'd check in.

Hey ho to everybody from yesterday! I'm to fuzzy headed to remember what went on - except for Tristan! Yay!! And a big :l to cindi for being in a good sober place to be called upon to help.

I guess I'll run on over to the river. I need to adjust my mojo.

Have a terrific AF tuesday and remember to turn the water off while brushing your teeth.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Damn! That took so long DG and cindi jumped in there before me! :H

DG, good on ya for doing your packing thing. Maybe you can get rid of some clutter at the same time. I'd be OK with the packing up. It's the choices of new stuff that paralyze me. When someone asks me about a simple bathroom vanity, I get the "deer in headlights" look.

Frankly, I think ravioli sounds good for brekkie. Cold spaghetti is an all time fave.
            sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Morning Abbers!

No pasta for me this morning just some high octane french roast coffee. Preparing for a few hourse with EB grandson this morning before they are off to the other Grandma's house for a few days
              I'll be watching the highly energetic 'Insanity Twins' the rest of the week - oh my!

Thoughts & prayers for Starty & her mum.
              Blessing on your new grandson Cindi.
              Best wishes for a fantastic AF Tuesday for everyone

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

I keep wondering when our eldest 2 are gonna give us grand kids, I miss having little people around
                I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Good morning friends!

I don't know if starting ever checks in here, but my thoughts and prayers are with her. I have a pretty good idea unfortunately of what that feels like. I did light a candle, thanks so much for that link again. That is such a neat deal.

Cindi--congrats on the new grandbaby. You sound wonderful. I wanted to tell you I went to a CSN&Y concert a few years back in Vegas. I realize I have led a sheltered life, but I must say it was amazing. I was so glad we caught them when Neil was touring with them again.

I don't envy any of you and your remodel projects except how nice it will be when it's done. We built and addition and remodeled the old part of the house, including moving our front lawn, when I was expecting our second son. My MIL and I did all of the woodwork and painting. That was a bit stressful, and I think I rushed some things just to have it done, but don't regret much. The best part was when I went to the hospital to have my son, my in laws swooped in, laid carpet, cleaned and had everything nice and situated when we got home!

Ok, I'd love to comment to everyone, but I'm terrible at that. But my best wishes for a great af day go out to you all!:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Morning everyone! Tomorrow!!!!! Woo hoo!!! It's finally here - I go tomorrow!

I am excited and anxious at the same time. I am ready though, all packed, house clean (although I'm sure when I come home it will look like a hurricaine came through). I will be going in 34 days sober so I know the first week will be kind of boring as it is a detox week with no programming. My therapist gave me a self -esteem workbook for me to work on myself during that week as I will not be needing the detox session. I figure some good excercise, work on that workbook and a lot of reading will be a nice relaxing almost vacation for me! And then into the hard work but I'm ready for it.

Cindi - I am so happy to hear you sounding healthy and happy. Congrats on the baby grandson!

Prayers and love to starty and her mom.

A big warm hello and hugs and energy to everyone else! I hope you all have a great AF Tuesday.

One thing is for sure............

:l:h
                    Uni
                    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                    :h

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Oh - greeny - where is the daily OM?
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

here ya go uni.... DailyOM - Register For Your Free DailyOM

You sound terrific! I am SOOOO happy for you!
                        sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Uni,
                          Will be thinking of you & wishing you great things during your Rehab stay.

Greenie, did you have a chance to catch today's teleseminar with Michael Morningstar? I've printed out the recipes for the Energy Elixirs - they sound good & I'm willing to give them a try

One of the Insanity Twins just knocked my tea cup over.............I think I will strangle her before the week is over. I really, really love dogs but this one...............

Where is Marshy this week? Is she visiting her parents?
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Uni,

Congratulations and I hope it is a very good rehab. You will get out of it what you put into it. When I went to rehab (twice), I wasn't ready to really listen.

It is funny but I read things here that they talked about and now I am ready to listen.

Go with an open mind and open heart and you will do very well.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 8/4

Good luck Uni! xoxo

Congrats on the new grandbaby, Cindi!

Comment

Working...
                              X