AF August - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF August - Week 4

Rusty - ok if you dont want me to comment I wont but can i just give you a HUGE BIG :l
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

AF August - Week 4

(((((Rusty)))))
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF August - Week 4

Great. Now I'm bawling. Ok, Chill, go ahead and comment....maybe you'll have something comforting or insightful to say, I appreciate it.

You, too, Papmom. I wish I had some of your chicken broccoli foils right now. I could use some comfort food ;=)

Comment

AF August - Week 4

Rusty my dear friend... you had a bad day, that was all. (See my earlier post) You let your Monkey Mind tell you somehow you had done something wrong when all you were was exhausted! Im sure your MWO friend completely understood. You knew you had a busy time ahead and were under pressure to deliver at work, understandably you got stressed and were tired and hungry! Who wouldnt be a bit cranky!!!

How would you react if it was me telling you I had a similar day and forgot a phone call? Why would you not be as kind to yourself as you would be to me? Its silly isnt it! We have to be kinder to ourselves, if we dont take care of no.1 we are no use to anyone else... Take a deep breath and smile
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

AF August - Week 4

Chill, thank you so much for your kind words! They really made me feel soooo much better. You're right....I am much more forgiving of others than I am of myself. I have always been told, since I was 10 or 11 even, that I was much too hard of myself. And even though I have worked hard to break other habits, that one is something I've not been able to conquer.

Papmom....thank you as well for your kind comment.

Well, deep breath....head up....shoulders back....chest puffed out.....I am going to Wal-Mart to find a blouse to wear with this jacket and I am going to buy some good fruit and veggies for tonight so I will not be tempted to eat the hotel's evening munchies surrounded by about 300 Air Force personnel drinking.

Thanks again you guys!

Comment

AF August - Week 4

Aw Rusty you sound like a really nice person. You should not be hard on yourself as I think this MYO member is lucky to have your support.We cannot plan life and at least you sent her a message. That says alot.

Dill I am grateful for that reading as i seem to be blowing alot of my thoughts out of proprtion. Infact thats me all round.I tend to overthink way too much. I had one of those nights last night. Imsomnia.

Ugh. Hate it. Still I am grateful to be sober at least. x
              Be strong-
              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

AF August - Week 4

SOME DAYS JUST SUCK RUSTY

Forget it now, yesterday is history & There's nothing we can do to change it, right
                Turning off that infernal 'mind chatter' is the best thing we can do for ourselves. Taking time during the day (even a few minutes) to quiet your mind with meditation is helping me quite a bit! A meditation CD before sleep helps me sleep much better (getting hooked on them )

I absolutely overslept this morning but I'm not complaining - I needed the sleep. It is partly sunny & dry here, AC off, windows open, nice! I will get to work - soon.

Sooty & rebirth - stay dry!

Chill, sending you a big :l

Rustop - the annual trip to the Vet with my dogs depletes my wallet too.......rough.

Dill, like Rusty............remember, keeping your mind quiet is the best medicine. My day always goes much smoother when I can tune out the chatter.

Red(Star) I love the Fall season too - always has been my favorite time of the year.

Papmom, what can I say? You've been kicking butt - good for you

Wishing everyone a Happy Humpday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF August - Week 4

Hey everybody,

It was in the 50's this morning when I ran. Feels like autumn. You all know how much trouble I have in summer. I am so glad it is almost over. Also ran shoeless. Wore something called vibram 5 toes, like a rubber glove on your foot. Great run.

Rusty, thinkin about you. May your day only improve. I love the image of you on the factory floor teaching a bunch of workers. Talk about tough jobs. Exercise isn't always a great reward. Sometimes you're just too tired to appreciate it and what you really need in some chill time with a remote control, like I'm thinking The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Take care.

Red, I too loved The Red Tent. A rich book in so many ways. Sorry to hear about your son. My youngest is going through a hard time right now. He's wondering if being in grad school is the right place for him to be, having roommate problems. I just want to swoop down and fix everything but know I can only be supportive.

Rustop, taxi for teens, I laughed out loud. You could start a business. Will your daughter go to university in Ireland? What does she want to study?

Chill and Dill (that sounds edible), it's so important to be able to deal/control that monkey mind. You can't stop the thoughts from coming but with practice I've been able to prevent the growth of limbs!

papmom, not me, not me, I'm flylady all the way. Otherwise I'm overwhelmed, feel like I will never finish, never be done. I even set a timer.
                  What is your job, are you a guidance counselor, college advisor?

Goals for the day: I will buy a couch AND I will at least try on dresses for the wedding.
                  The rehearsal dinner is booked! Glad that's done.

Great day all.

Comment

AF August - Week 4

And Lav, and Sooty and LBH, who's probably in the pool as we speak. Have a decent Wednesday.

Comment

AF August - Week 4

Hey Rusty-glad you're feeling better. If it were me you were supposed to call I would have been worrying about you but relieved when I got your PM. I absolutely would not have thought horrible thoughts of you. And, there is no way any of us are going to "scorn" you because you forgot to give someone a phone call. Please!! Hope you found a beautiful blouse for todays class.

Ah Lav, you've got me salivating about the cool dry weather!! I can't believe we have YET another day of torrential rains!! And to top it all off, our AC in our office suite is going full blast and there isn't a thing I can do about but bundle up in my sweatshirt, complete with hood and maybe put socks on my hands!! It's all or nothing with our physical plant, I swear!! Oh, to work from home!

Sped-I am an ass't registrar at a state college and it's my job to do all the credit evals for the incoming transfers. Tomorrow is orientation for them and they need to have these things in hand during their registration session tomorrow afternoon. Tons of fun I tell ya!!

:l
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF August - Week 4

Hi Sweeties. I am still in my withdrawn and unsettled little spot, but like the rest of us with our good, ordinary, and really bad days:l I am awake, the lights are on and I am looking for a better perspective. I had a fine experience at work on Monday and I am keeping with my water aerobics which makes me laugh as well as fit. I have two favorite teachers, one a Navajo fellow with a haunting cadence like a drum and the other a beautiful seventy year old African American woman who was a police captain in Chicago when women didn?t get to do that, she is like a scary drill sergeant but she can also sing ?A Change is Gonna Come? like a real life angel. I adore her. I have finished cutting sunflowers for the birds. Here is one for you (the bricks are the roof line). Love, Ladybird. PS, Dill, perhaps my raccoon surviving fish are genetically complex as some of their babies look like shubunkins! PS, Shelley, your class with the young boys with autism made me think of an odd sweet animated movie I recently saw "Mary and Max". It is about a lonely Australian little girl who becomes a pen pal with an elderly New York Jewish man with Asperger's. He of course says very inappropriate things which some people found offensive but I liked it very much.
                        may we be well

Comment

AF August - Week 4

WOW LBH!

Sunflowers on steroids :H:H
                          Just beautiful!!!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF August - Week 4

Good Afternoon AF Friends,

Today has been a much better day-cooler as I walk around the shop floor in my safety glasses and steel-toed shoes....I am quite a sight....it may explain why I haven't had a date in such a long time! :H:H

Haunted by forgetting to call our MWO friend last night, I called her this morning and she actually said she was glad I hadn't called her last night. She was busy getting ready for work and she had a wonderful AF talk with her mother and she was so happy. She has several AF days under her belt and is thrilled that she feels so good. We will talk tonight.

LBH-that is the most beautiful sunflower I have ever seen. Really lovely! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Lav-are you working on an embroidery project project today?

Shelley-good luck shopping for an outfit for the wedding, AND buying a couch!

Papmom-I admire your crocheting talent. Nice work on all that progress in all the areas in your life.

Well-back to work. Only 4 more working hours and then I can get to the gym. Only 2 more days left of this madness.

Thanks everyone, for your kind thoughts, words and deeds. :h:h

Comment

AF August - Week 4

Good morning everyone

Foggy morning here but no rain so far. Last day before they are both in school so going to make the most of it. Had a blow up with my 16 year old over staying at a friends last night. I had no problem with her staying but she texted when I was nearly there and it was about 5 miles from where we live. I dont like these last minute things as I dont know what they have planned. When I threatened to go into the other girls house and see what was happening, she came home with me. Hmmm! Looks like I am going to have a challenging year coming up.

Sped - My older daughter is looking at both Ireland and the UK for university. We made a trip to London during the summer to look at some places and will probably go to some open days in November. Did you buy your couch or find a dress?

Dill - Thank you so much for the readings, I really enjoy them. You too Red for the book suggestion, I must look out for that book.

LBH - What an amazing photo of the sunflower. My hubby grew loads of them this year and they are still in bloom, come of them are over 8ft tall.

Rusty - Glad yesterday turned out better for you. That's what we are here for so vent away.....

Papmom - You have given me an idea for a winter project so thanks.

Star - Hope all works out with your son. Children are a worry.

Lav, Rebirth, Sooty, Cyn and anyone else I missed big hello.

Rustop

Comment

AF August - Week 4

Good Morning Guys

Rustop - The joys of youth, I hope she isnt as devious as i was at 16, I was always making up stories to my poor parents about where I was and what I was suposed to be doing...

Rusty - Im so glad you had a better day! When we are stressed we blow everything out of proportion.

LBH - I love sunflowers, I have always felt there is something mystical about them that I cant explain, they are just so ridiculously beautiful.

I finally got an email from my ex yesterday and the tone of it really annoyed me so I didnt even read it a 2nd time, nor will I read it today until im calm and composed. My sleep was then a constant barrage of nightmares involing confrontation with him. (Lav I need your CDs) Aaahhh! There that better.

On a positive note, I went out last night with my cycle group and it was fantastic! We covered 30km at a really fast pace and I had to push myself to the limits to keep up but thats great as I dont challenge myself enough when im out on my own. They are a lovely bunch of guys and we ate together afterwards. Only problem was I woke up this morning feeling horrendously hungover so much so I skipped my yoga class this morning. I have a real hangover head and wondered if it was too much processed food which im not used too? We had chicken curry for dinner. Maybe Im just dehydrated as it was very hot during the cycle...

Wishing you all a wonderful AF Thursday
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X