X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Monday 8/23

Hello friends.

Greenie...this is for you...again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4c1woKwjWw&feature=search[/video]]YouTube - You can relax now_Shaina Noll

Hippy--good for you communicating feelings with your hubby. I still can't seem to do that, except for maybe I get my .02 in once in awhile. Don't get your hopes up though, that is what seems to get me in trouble most of the time. I'm better off if he doesn't tell me he is going to TRY to cut down. Keep doing what you've got to do for you though! And Lav--good insight!

I don't feel like I got as much accomplished as pap this weekend, but I feel pretty good about my semi-decluttered house and yard. Let the company arrive. I just have a week's worth of laundry to put away (with 2 more loads in) 2 bathrooms to clean (mine is REALLY bad) and the kitchen to tidy up. Go to the store, frost the cake, make some ice cream......Holey Crepes I better get busy!!!!:H

I can't help but to wonder about all of those poor animals out there that are unemployed now.

Have a great Monday all!:h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/23

Got a response from Nivea - swift! It basically says they don't test on animals (they test on people instead :H) but can't guarantee that their ingredients suppliers don't - and in some cases they acknowledge that their suppliers do test on animals.

Got to find another bleedin' moisturiser now! Any suggestions?
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/23

GREENIE!!

I'll tell you what put a smile on my face this morning.......No, not that :H:H

Mix up one of Michael Morningstar's banana date shakes - OMG, so good

I've been using my nearly 30 year old food processor for these smoothies but I'm starting to think I deserve a brand new, shiney Vita Mix
        Can we take a vote on that????
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/23

hi all just popping in to say hi - day 9.Urge to drink but not gonna.I'll keep reading Allen Carr.

Marshy - Liz Earle don't test on animals and her skin stuff is AMAZING mail order or John Lewis - also in UK Body Shop and Weleda get good reviews and don't test on furry people
          one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/23

Marshy;941795 wrote: Got to find another bleedin' moisturiser now! Any suggestions?
            I just started using castor oil at night... shhhh don't tell DG I use something with sunscreen in the daytime - I think I have Jason Organics or a Kiss My Face (something that was on sale) at the moment. I shudder to think about the EWG rating. EWG = Enviornmental Working Group rates for carcinogenic and bad pookie ingredients.

Lav, my vote for a shiny new vita-mix is a deffinate :thumbs: I have to go to the store later & I'll pick up some dates - it did sound good.

I'm doing some sorting of the tools. I was appalled at the feelings that bubbled up yesterday when FH came by (unannounced) to get some of HIS tools that he said can stay here until he sorts out room to move them there. Guess fecking what? He better get that sorting done because they are exiting MY garage on the hurry up plan. Hurdle #1
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/23

Hi all! I want to hear Marshy's recommendations for Best Trashy Novel. That is going on my "to do" list as soon as this remodel prep is over and they start destruction. At that point, there will be nothing for me to do but be patient in dealing with plaster dust, and read a trashy novel.

Greenie, I wonder if maybe you will feel better when things are finally DONE with FH - i.e. all his stuff out of your house - nothing close to a legitimate excuse for him just 'popping over.' :l Whoever stole Greenie's mojo please return it immediately!

Lav, I'm in Chicago where we vote early and often. So I give you two YES votes for the Vitamix!!

Bear, good going on Day 9. Keep reading that book if that's what is working for you!!!

Gaia, there are so many possibilities as a sober person of things to do. Have fun exploring some! I hear you on the go to be early front. I'm like that too.

LVT, good luck with your long list of things to do! Have fun with your company. Home made cake. Yum!

P3, You sound so fabulous these days. Sobriety fits you like a kid glove. It really is amazing watching the changes in people as they move along this path. You are doing so great!

Hippy, I hope Mr. Hippy follows through but even if he doesn't, you just keep trucking along doing what YOU gotta do.

M3, sorry to hear you will be in meetings all day so unavailable for enjoying eye candy. :h

Well, I'm back from round one on the day. Had some lunch and did a couple things and checked in here and now I'm back out into the Big Bad World for round 2! With short hair and no glasses! And one thing is for sure....

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/23

Lav, i vote a new mixer too. A symbol of new direction's, renewed life force, and new shakes, baby! Non?!
                Geez Greenie, if FH is the same bloke knocking on window's at all hour's, and this is unwelcome, it seems to me that clearing out his tool's etc. right NOW, is the way of peace, common sense, and enlightenment. Then if he keep's dropping in, well that might border on harrassment?

I cut me own hair.

A safe, sober, and magical week to all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/23

Lav--definite YESvote for the Vitamix. I got one at an auction awhile back (new in the box, but about 30 years old maybe) and I love it! The newer ones are even much more awesome I'm sure. I throw all kinds of stuff in mine--so nutritious and delicious!

Just bought all the food for the bbq tonight and asked hubby to buy ice for the ice cream. I don't understand why the man can't just come right out and tell me he's going to the bar for a birthday drink or 6. Hasn't he figured out by now that it is the wondering and waiting that drives me crazy! I hope everyone else is here by the time he arrives.

Better go frost that cake. Wonder how I could slip some ex lax into his piece.
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/23

LVT - do they still make the Ex Lax that looked like a chocolate bar? Remember that?
                    You could use a dozen or so pieces to 'decorate' the icing on his piece of cake :H

Oh G - I just love it when you talk French to me :H:H

Thanks for the affirmative votes on the Vita Mix everyone!
                    Geez, those things are expensive but it it lasts for a few hundred years then I guess it's OK.
                    I've been a very good girl.........so far

OK, so I'll do some online cruising tonight for a new blender!
                    Thanks
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/23

All this talk about cruelty free products - on the TV morning show today they were listing the ingredients that came from animals.......

Did you know that dried whale vomit is used in some moisturisers? How they get the whale to vomit is beyond me.... maybe they stick their fingers down their throat..... or give them too much alcohol... that always worked for me:H.

And the stuff that gives red nail polish it's shine is fish scales. And crushed beetles are used in lipstick..... yuk! I think I will go completely natural NOW!

Off to work, have a great day/night my friends.

Hipster
                      I finally got it!
                      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/23

Hey All, just checking in before nite nite. Lav, I know it's too late to vote but I would have voted yes as well. Can't wait to see what you find online!! Pics OK? I've never seen one of those machines.

DG-thanks so much for the encouragement and praise. I think I'm finally figuring out who I am now that AL isn't my invisible (or not so sometimes)cloak.

Greenie-so sorry you've misplaced your mojo but I think Mr. G is on to something with the FH stuff still in your place. Looks like you're rocking and rolling again tho so keep up the good work!!

LVT-you made my head spin with your description of what you had to get done to get ready for company!! You win!!

Bear-keep up the good work!!

HC-you hang in there. You're finally finding your voice-don't lose it again OK? Everything will work out the way its supposed to. :l

Hey Marshy, Gaia, G, M3 and Rusty!! Will catch you al tomorrow!! if I don't blow away like Dorothy!!
                        :l
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                        X