Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday August 25

LOL - god I love you guys!

Checking in from rehab - still doing great. We are getting to the emotional part which is a bit tougher but I'm hanging in there! Getting a lot of issues out.

3 more weeks in here - I get to go home this weekend though so for that I am grateful as I can see my daughter and hubby.

I am actually really enjoying the AA meetings. I never thought I would but the fellowship I am finding there is wonderful and quite healing. I am glad they force us to go here otherwise I may never have found this other support system.

Day 41!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Oh, and honestly I haven't laughed as hard in 10 years as i have in the past week. I love sobriety.

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

I'm very happy for you Uni
      Keep up the great work!

DG, don't worry - your tiara would never fit on my fat head.....it's safe!

Hi Gaia & paguy!
      Think maybe the full moon is responsible for some unusual feelings this week?
      Hang in there - it's almost over

Lighting up my smudge stick again tonight - just in case!!!!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Everybody,

Just checkin' in to say good night! It's been a very long but rewarding day. I'm working as a consultant this week for a very demanding client and I am just happy to do it with a clear head. I simply don't have time for AL in my life this week....despite all the stress I've been under and exasperation I have felt all week, I am glad to actually feel that AL would destroy any motivation I have to complete any of my necessary tasks. It's a great feeling after being in despair for about 3 years.

DG-love the updates on the renovations-I don't evny you, though.

Hey Gaia!

PAguy....when will you be healed so you can run again?

Uni-You sound so positive! That's great!

Lav-I have to Google Smudge Sticks.

Time for bed! See you tomorrow!

xoxox

Rusty

Comment

Rusty;943935 wrote: PAguy....when will you be healed so you can run again?
          Hi Rusty - running is still on hold. My tendon repair surgery that I had 5 weeks ago did not work. I am seeing another surgeon next Monday to consult and figure out my options. Grrrrrr.
          John
          AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

John,

Oh, I am soooo sorry! You must be devastated! I would be....but I totally, totally agree that seeing another surgeon and getting another opinion is the way to go. What do you do for exercise instead of running? Do you like to swim? Geez, I feel so badly I don't know what to say. :l:l

Comment

Smudge! (this one's for you, Lav)

Well it didn't work but I am braying at the moon.

Uni you sound great. I hope you have a great weekend and I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Rusty sounds like a demanding week but so much better to do it AF.

Hi John hope you feel better.

Nighty night.
              AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Gaia;943974 wrote: Well it didn't work but I am braying at the moon.
                :H:H:H
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                X