moderation: is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO! Absolutely not for me, wasn't that what I thought I'd been doing for years unsuccessfully, it's like having an on/off relationship, drives you nuts!
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Zenny that's it exactly!
      I never in my life drank to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, it was always all or nothing.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Yep-that's it Zen!! That's the nail on the head!! Thanks to your friend for putting it so succinctly!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

momof3;945285 wrote: What I am left with when reading these posts is that all of us have tried our hand at moderation. It seems like a step in the process toward becoming AF.
          I really tried this for years, so if it looks like I came to MWO and magically became AF immediately, no I didn't really!

I came to the conclusion that I was indeed, "powerless over alcohol" as they say in AA, and "ready to do whatever it takes." This was before I knew this was what AA even said about it.

I heard somewhere too that until we are at that point, we can try and try and try, but.... I personally had to come to the point of believing it rather than knowing it. I'd known for many, many, many years. That was the difference. I still have to do the work, and never become complacent. Even when I don't want to, I come here or go to AA meetings to at the minimum be reminded of where I was, when I feel so far ahead of that old me. It's like I can see myself. I can see her sitting across the room. She may have had longer sobriety than me - now I've got longer than her. It's not a race or a contest. It is what it is, it needs to be faced realistically, not whitewashed, not glamorized.
          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
          X