AF Daily - Wednesday September 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaia;954771 wrote: What next, avocado and ketchup over pickles? Maybe you will create the next craze in nutrition.
    And here I was, wondering what I should fix myself for lunch.

:H

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG - if the initial sales of our Garlic - Sweet Potato Jam are good maybe we should look into offering stock options :H:H

:wd: CONGRATS papmom on your 4 AF months - terrific!!!

Bear, good to see you back. Honestly, once you make the decision to stay AF, everything becomes easier! Once drinking is no longer an option you can finally shut up the junkie voice in your head. It is such a relief

Well, although I'm ready - no chicks today :upset:
      I'll just have to wait........boo hoo. Geez, you'd think I was awaiting the birth of another grandchild :H

Gaia, I do have a hen house. We bought an Amish built shed 6 years ago when I started my 'hobby'. They added a hatch so the girls can go in & out as they like into their fenced yard. I try to remember to close that hatch each evening because we do have fox, racoons & other predators roaming around. We built in the roost & nesting boxes ourselves.

Today has not be a very productive work day for me - I'm way too distracted with chicks & garlic-sweet potao jam - oh well!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Contgratulations P3 and Gaia on 4 months AF. You are such great ladies and I'm happy to have you here.
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

Happy Humpday to all! I'm back after a brief run into wine world. I don't feel as well, don't sleep as well, so why do I keep thinking I can do it? I'm like Bear...I think I need to once and for all realize that there isn't any modding for auntie. My plan is to not have any today and to stay off of it every day. I will not buy any and am seeing my therapist again next week. Am going to lay in another supply of good tart fruit juices for evenings and will go to bed early and read. Now that the weather is not as hot will make a bigger effort to get out and walk the dog. (and me!).
          Greenie, I agree with whomever said that being in a rising river would have given me the creeps. I'm not good in the water anyway and particularly not some that is coming to get me!
          I went back to work part time and it's been very grueling. Of course that seemed to give me an excuse to buy wine.
          Don't think I need any of the sweet potatoe garlic jam! Why not just can the sweet potatoes and make sw. potato pie out of them? Very scrumptious southern dish.
          Cheers to all.
          Auntie.
          AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

Greeting's Fababberbabbler's!

Hope you're back on track Det. Eye of the tiger.

Wow, 4 month's af for Papmom! That's a huge achievement! Congratulation's, and keep going. It just get's better and better Pmom! x

And, 4 months and a few day's af for Gaia! Brilliant work friend, against all odd's. x More please!

Now, what to have for breakfast? mmm, let's see. I know i've got garlic, um, there's an avocado tree in my backyard, got some sweet potatoe's, um.....yep, there's pickles in the fridge......i know, i'll mix em all up in a jammy spread thing, add a generous dollop of vegemite, and voila! Hey, that'd probably get rid of the ant's at work. Bravo!

A safe, sober, and magical week to all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Uhg. Feeling a little sluggish today. I am going for a swim and a sauna tonight instead of drinking. Hopefully that helps! :nutso:

Comment

Mo have you been sleeping OK since getting back to AF? I only thought to ask because a swim and a sauna sounds like a perfect prelude to a good night sleep to me!!!

Congrats on another AF day.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

The first few days were a little rough, but last night I slept well. One of the kids has swimming tonight, so I may as well jump in the pool.

I think part of the problem is I am not drinking mix (pop/soda). Less sugar intake.

Somehow, checking in everyday makes this easier.

Comment

Daily check ins help me keep my head on straight even after all this time. And if that's what it takes to stay sober, then that's what I'll keep doing. Glad you are finding it helpful - it's good to have you here with us.

Oh Lav. No stock options. I think we should be greedy and just keep all the profits for ourselves. :H

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I haven't noticed much interest in the newest jam product DG
                      Except possibly for G - he's a very, very brave soul
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm holding out for the applesauce.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thanks everyone for the wonderful words and encouragement!! Warmed my heart it did!!

I'm just back from a pap dinner meeting and it's tres late and i'm very tired so just a quick hello to all as I can barely see the keyboard. totally agree DG-daily checkin is a must for me to continue this journey in a straight line.

See you all in the a.m.!!
                          :l
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                          X