Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday September 9

growing

Doggygirl;955357 wrote: Morning Fabbies! I will be off to Community Leadership School shortly. I'm excited because today our small group will meet with the organization to hear the details of our project. My team will be working on something for the Senior Services Community Center. Can't wait to see what we will be up to! Last time through this I only cared about surviving my hang over until class was over. I'm so glad I did this as it is SUCH a stark reality comparison to "how it was" as a later stage alkie trying to function, and how it is now as a recovering alkie being ABLE to function. Sobriety is a gift that I will cherish today.

I hope nobody will be annoyed with me sharing this today (ouside the AA thread). I am always facinated by the writings of Bill Wilson, mainly because his writings demonstrate that nothing is "new" with alcoholism. The progression of the disease is not "worse" because of my personal circumstances or because I'm a woman or because of the nature of our modern busy / stressful / whatever times. It's the way it's always been. This was written in 1949:

Am I really placing my recovery first? When I was struggling after relapse, I remember many times when I would be AF for a couple days, and then break that short streak because Mr. Doggy pissed me off, or whatever. I was definitely not able to stay sober when I was making it conditional on other things and/or not putting it first. I still have to make sure I am keeping recovery at the top of my list. I have NO doubt (because I already proved it to myself) that all benefits of sober living that I currently enjoy will be out the window in a flash if I drink again. I love my life today so I am willing to do whatever it takes not to drink again. And just writing this helps reinforce it, just for today. I will have to reinforce it again tomorrow, but that's OK.

Now. Who is up for some fabulous sweet potato garlic jam today? Buy two jars and get a free jar of applesauce.

One thing is for sure...... there will be NO drinking for this doggy girl today.

DG
    hi dog lady,how could one be annoyed with you,you have found somthin in your life that is a substatute to your Addiction,addiction come s in many forms,i thinkbill and bob would be amased,how the program they help create has helped in so many other addictions,drugs,[over the counter to]obesity and annerexia,anything in life can become to much,:goodjob::thanks:for being here gyco

Comment

Working...
    X