Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Wow.

I woke up early enough I can start today's thread!!

M3, I, too, take 3 mgs of melatonin at night. Amazing how it helps.

One more day taking care of my girl and her children. A lovely thing to do. She is so sweet. My best friend, actually. I am so grateful I can be here for her. Her children are so beautiful. I can't believe how blessed I am.

I hope all here (and everyone everywhere for that matter) have a wonderful, sober, Thursday.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Morning Cindi and all Abber's!

Ah, that's absolutely beautiful Cindi. This is what it's all about, i reckon. Have a great day.

Best wishes all, and i hope everyone is as well as they can be. Go get 'em!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Nice piccie, G-man! Johnny Depp watch out!

Hi Cindi - what a wonderful thought to read early in the day. Children are the beauty of life, aren't they?

Now I'm gonna go floss my teeth. Every one of 'em.
      AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Good morning everyone! Cindi, thanks for getting us started today, and with such a wonderful message of gratitude to boot. Acceptance and gratitude are my mantras for today. Those are the things that keep my head out of my butt.

G-man, good to see you as always. You will need some eye liner if you are to compete with Johnny though. :h

Gaia, I too am flossed up and ready for the day!

I am wearing a sequin top this morning. I used to think :bling was only for evening. But that was before I went to a Mary Kay convention.

It will be a busy one today and I'm really grateful to be attacking it sans hangover!

One thing is for sure...

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Off to the beach in 45 min!! Hope it doesn't rain!! Skies aren't looking too friendly. If it does tho, Gloucester is a wonderful town to walk around and Rockport, the art mecca of the Northshore is right next door. Dog friendly too I understand. So all is good.
          I'm feeling much better about the dental work. There is no reason to rush into this. I will see the perio on the 12th and will try to schedule the work for the new year. That way my insurance will have started a new year (I think) and should cover all but $500. Also by that time I hope to have found a better paying part time job. A better paying full time job would be nice too but I'd better not be greedy!!
          I am unhung, took my walk, will floss shortly and away we go!!
          Thanks for all the encouragement and support everyone!! It really helped me get through the nite.

:l :h
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Morning abberoooos!

Cindy how wonderful for you to be having this experience :l I remember the strife and alienation AL created for you and your kids in the past. Tis a time to savor indeed!

I did read all yesterday's thread but simply couldn't type when I fell short of breath after seeing G's new avatar...... :h:h

What IS the deal with all this dental stuff? I found my mojo at the beach yesterday in the warm sun, gental breeze, lapping surf, smooth sand.....ahhhhh.... Husb # 1 met me there & we had a nice lunch before I headed over to get MY bad dental news. Feck! re-do a surgery which may not work or go straight for implant. $$$$ It would take way more than this year's entire HSA contribution that I haven't even made yet.

Wishing good karma to everyone's mojo. It's there, it's just having growing pains.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

GM Abbers!

Cindi, I totally agree with you - I will be watching my grandson today as well. He makes me smile

Love the pic Mr G!!! Skip the eye liner - you don't need it!

DG, sequins in the morning???? Don't think I could handle that!!!

Papmom, I feel for you with all that dental work, have been through it myself. But I have to say you will feel & look much better when it's done. ASk for a payment plan - most Dentists will comply these days. Have fun at the beach. We had huge storms here last night - hope they don't reach you today.

Well, had my dinner out last night with Mr Lav, nothing fancy - just ate where the farmers eat around here. Nothing spectacular to report but I am starting to see a little spark of life in him. Perhaps he is seeing a little light & will eventually be able to feel the love again. This is a long & very slow process but I'm not going anywhere just yet!

Time to get moving - wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

P3, there is no such thing about being too greedy realtive to thoughts of abundance. Shoot for the moon!

Hi lav! x-post.
                sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Hey Greenie - cross post
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Good Morning All,

Feeling a wee bit of mojo coming back into this body on the first full day of Fall. Time to put the full spectrum light back on my desk and ramp it up!

Cinders, thanks for the info on melatonin. I'm going to try it again. I have taken it in the past and it has kept me awake at night in this weird semi-dream state. It's so nice to hear you sounding content. You so deserve it.

Greenie, DG, others. I let my teeth go to hell when I was drinking too. Dental work is so expensive. I have known folks who have gone overseas to get their dental work done and taken a vacation to boot (and it has cost them less than what it cost here).

Greenie, FH report?

P3. Thanks for the cyberhugs yesterday. I love the town of Gloucester and that part of the country in general. I grew up in MA and RI although I am a Virginia girl now who is not very tolerant of the cold weather. Love that area...the beaches, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, skiing/hiking in NH, Boston, Tanglewood/the Bershires, Newport...everything is so close by.

Gaia, hope you are getting out from underneath those boxes.

Marshy, it looks like you are taking it slow with NG and that makes sense. Looking back, I now think my huge crushes/falling in love were alcohol induced.

Lav, you must really love the heck out of that man of yours. I admire your patience and steadiness. He is lucky to have you and I hope someday he realizes that.
                    Hey Mr. G.
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

M3, melatonin did that to me too.

FH is husb #2 you know...Not to be confused with #1 :H Have not talked to FH in over a week and assume he is doing well. You know, yesterday I was looking at #1 and thinking of the course of events and the role of substance abuse and wondered what my life would have been like were it not for that. I can't even imagine. I'm glad we are both free of that and appreciate the strong connection we still have.
                      sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Dropping in to pass out hi's all around. I worked until after 10 last night, I've earned some playtime.

Time to put the full spectrum light >>

M3, I use mine faithfully, and throw in 10 mg of Celexa come October. I'd rather hibernate when it gets dark and cold, it's just that the world won't cooperate. Without it, by Jan. I'd be back under the covers at 11 a.m. Wake me when it's over.

P3, don't miss the Rockport Fudgery! Forget the guilt, you'll walk it off.

DG, if I wore sequins in the morning in this 'neutrals only' NE town, I'd be driven out by an angry mob (angry meaning one side of their mouths would be turned down slightly). Some days, that's tempting, and I just might try it. I'm from central MA, a lot rougher but a lot less tight (for want of a better word--there was plenty of the alcohol-related tight ). Sparkle with pride!

Have the best of days Greenie, G-man, Cin, Gaia, and Lav (Mr. Lav is one lucky guy to have patient, understanding you! Keep truckin'), xoxo Pride
                        AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                        "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Top of the Thursday ABerooooos! thanks for the kickstart Cinders

noisy hotel room. ugh. but starbucks is only 200 yards away so life will go on...
                          zoom zoom

be well everyone
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Morning Abbers!

Busy thread this morning but positive vibes all around so I'm smiling!

To all those with dental challenges - I'm sorry to hear of the struggles - at least we are sober!

Guit - I'm still waiting for my song!

DG - sparkle it up lady!

Today is a pretty quiet day for me - the lawyers appt went really well. I'm fighting the charge. As far as the lawyer is concerned I should have never been charged with impaired driving as no one actually saw me drive the vehichle, I was on the curb behind it. So it looks like I have a good shot. Which is good. I learned my lesson as well as that was the catalyst for me to get my butt into rehab. So good news all around.

It's a beautiful day here so I think I'll go for a walk later. I'm going to do some cleaning around here, maybe meet a friend for a coffee later. Not sure but the day is mine!

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Uni
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

AF Daily Thursday Sep 23

Back after a looooong meeting.

Greenie, did you ever get over the sleeplessness with melatonin or did you just give up on it?

Uni, I am happy to hear that you are doing well and living the sober life. Were you driving under the influence when you got the DUI?
                              AF Since April 20, 2008
                              4 Years!!!
                              :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                              X