Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 27 sep af daily

Afternoon Abbers!

Started a post this morning but was interrupted by a phone call..........

Gaia, I've learned that I am co-dependent as well & I need to break my lifelong HOPE addiction. That's why I finally realized I need to end this BS with YB. If he doesn't want to come back then he won't - that's it.

Just found out today that my daughter is having a girl Yay! I'm happy, she's happy, all is good.

The discussion here about heated bat tubs is causing me hot flashes - OMG, I never sit in hot water, just can't!!!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!
    Back to work for me too....
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

monday 27 sep af daily

Hi all. Checking in to say that I am feeling better as the day draws to an end.

Congrats Bear and Greenie andGranny Lav that's great news

Question: When I am feeling rotten I use to drink heavily. Usually I devour chocolate ( not good) or I make myself busy.Or I go to a AA meeting. My past few weeks have been just a notch more difficult and chocolate/ staying busy etc has not helpd me this time. I am now trying to learn to meditate to balance myself.

What do you lovely people do?
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

monday 27 sep af daily

LVT- 2 years is a phenominal anniversery to celebrate!! You inspire me every day and I'm so glad you are part of my GF group!!

LOL Greenie!! No, Diet Coke isn't my only nutrition at lunch!! I think I was trying to say that for the first 2 meals of the day there is something in them I look forward to: for lunch it's my DC and my co-workers, along with whatever I brought. Go for the heated and JETTED bathtub!! I would kill to have one!! Hope the art thingy went good. I'm with Lav, can't draw a stick figure!!

DG-wow-they sure are moving fast!! We still expect eye candy pics tho so you'd better figure that one out :H. Thanks for the kudos. some of these self revelations are pretty heavy!!

Uni-good on you for finishing that degree! I bet it has double the meaning for you now. You sound great!!

RB-good to see you. I'm still trying to figure out what to do when I feel the void. So far it's coming here and reading at night. and chocolate.

Lav-congrats on the granddaughter news!! How sweet!!

Gaia-thank you so much!! Yes, I play Mr. G's tunes often!!

M3 and anyone who stopped by but didn't post-HI!!!!!! Hope you had a fab day!!

First day of work-not so bad. got a primo parking space and was able to work at comfortable, not frantic pace. Stayed until 5:45 so hopefully got some brownie points with boss man. There is a bootcamp being offered in Oct for 4 weeks and 2 employees of the college will get a scholarship. I've decided to throw my hat in the ring. It's M-Th from 5:30 to 6:30 IN THE MORNING!!!!:shocked:This will no doubt be the hardest thing I've ever done, including getting sober!! It will make for long long days and my poor pups will suffer a bit for it (well, actually my floors will suffer-they don't seem to mind using them when they need to!!) but it's only 4 weeks and it just may be the KICK in the butt I need to get healthy. I'll let you all know if I "win" one of the scholarships (otherwise I can't afford it).

Well, going to defrost one of those chix/broccoli foil dinners I made a while back and get the boyz taken care of and then read. Have a great nite everyone!!

:l
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

monday 27 sep af daily

Happy late greetings ABeroooos!

LVT what fabulous news! mega kudos!

more kudos to Bear for AF weekend and starting us motley crew today.

been a manic yet positive Monday here on the home front. accidentally drank a gulp from a water glass that had bleach in it today. that was a rude experience let me tell you. aside from a bad stomach ache for a couple hours I'm feeling fine now. whew.

off to chat

be well everyone
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

monday 27 sep af daily

rebirth;968615 wrote: My past few weeks have been just a notch more difficult and chocolate/ staying busy etc has not helpd me this time. I am now trying to learn to meditate to balance myself.

What do you lovely people do?
            I'm just off to bed and wanted to get back to you on this question, rebirth. I found it most helpful to do something that had visible results. It had to not only keep me busy, but I needed to be able to SEE the fruits of my labor. Learning to meditate is not so easy for me and I needed guided meditations. My busy mind gets in the way.

LVT, expect headlines tomorrow!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

monday 27 sep af daily

Hi Rebirth,

Regarding the "what do you do" question....Exercise is what really helps me. I do all forms-running, yoga, weight lifting, etc. It really gets me out of my busy mind.
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

monday 27 sep af daily

Deter!! OMG! So glad you're all right! Feel nice and clean now?? :H
                :l
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                X