Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Wednesday, October 6th

Wakey Wakey!!
    It's a dreary rainy cold day here in the Northeast and I certainly do not want to be out of bed much less preparing for work but I am GRATEFUL I have a job and 5 animals to get out of bed for. That is all
    :l
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Hi Papmom,

Thanks for starting us off. I was wondering how you were doing. How's the new dinner plan going?

I need a recipe for something I can throw in a pot and leave for 4 hours, come back and it's delectable. Maybe chicken soup?

Off to wake up kids now...
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Progress, not Perfection Gaia :H!! At least that is my new motto and I'm trying very hard to stick to it so I don't beat myself up.
      i'm ready to find a few crock pot recipes myself. Brrrrr.
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi Papmom & Gaia,

Wet here too, but oddly warm.
        Gaia: stew! Just sitting here thinking about stew tonight myself.

I'm back in the land of computers that work at more than snail's pace. Been visiting mum. She's doing ok, good and bad, but dealing with it like a trooper as always.
        Zooming in from work. Will post more later, just wanted to show my face.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Morning fabbies!

Thanks for the jumpstart P3! Bit chilly here, but beautiful. It's 65 in the house, I dont' know what it is outside. Based on the insulation (lack), it's probably 60 . I too was wondering about the lunch/dinner switch. A crockpot would be perfect for this! Put it on at night and your day meal is ready to go with in the AM!

Gaia, I don't have this cookbook but I've heard it's good. Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Cookbook | This Mama Cooks! Spaghetti sauce would be a good 4 hour cook.

Marshy, wondering where you were. Glad things are OK over there.

No houseguest yet. Sometime later this week I guess.

Cindi & AFM keep pouring the good stuff into yourselves. AFM, maybe a break from your daughter can be a good thing for you to regroup?

I've got to find a chiro who does therapy. My back really hurts. Wish I'd learned how to do that. Grrr.... I have access to the perfect machine I don't know how to work. Humm.. that gives me an idea!

I'm off to tweak my resume and get it off before I head out. I saw an interesting job in the paper at a children's educational musurm. That would be cool!

Have a abbie fabbie hump day!

One thing is for sure..... ibuprofen is better than booze!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi greenie, marshy, P3 and Gaia,

Winter is coming..I dont mind it really. I admit that I still love christmas. Some people dont but I love the lights, the tree, the food ( use to love the mulled wine and champagne). This season will be interesting being sober. I look forward to the challenge. Bring it on!!
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

What about a minstrone soup Gaia. Yummy
              Be strong-
              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

Hi rebirth, I hope the sadness you felt earlier has lifted. :l I love the lights and smells of Christmas too.

M3, I though of you when I got this link in my e-mail because of the yoga component. It's for Thursday but there will probably be a 48 hour replay option. Raphael Cushnir @ Life, Love & Relationships
                sigpic

Comment

Hi guys!

Lazy mans cabbage rolls in the crockpot are awesome - just google it and you will get an easy recipe.

I spent yesterday lazing in bed - I needed it though. After Monday nights emotional spilling at my group therapy I needed to rest. I got up around 4 and we went car shopping - I think I found a vehichle! Licence is reinstated next week (may lose it again if I lose my court case) but at least I will have it for a while to get me through the winter.

I'm going to get some things accomplished today - even just little pieces here and there - feel like I need to do something after yesterday's lazy day!

I'm off to get started - will check in later.

One thing is for sure.............
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

Hello friends,

Good to see you AFM, so sorry about your dad. I know my drinking escalated when my parents health was failing and got even worse after they passed. :l:l Stick with us, you know the drinking won't help with any of it!

Interesting about the shifts, etc. Greenie! I am going to try to listen to this telecast as well if I can. I have started going to yoga once a week again, and I'm sure it helps me a great deal on many levels! What kind of therapy are you looking for. Our chiro uses electo-therapy which feels great. My sis in law has one of the little portable deals she uses at home. I really need to get the sauna fixed and start using that. I'm sure it's time to get rid of some toxins. A friend of mine has been posting some videos of Jack LaLanne--if you know who that is--one was about how bad sugar is and what it does to our bodies. What struck me is how it makes us soft. That is a good way to describe myself. Soft. I am going to get fit this winter!!!

Gotta run. Made some cookies last night for the kids church group tonight and hubby ate 10 of them so gotta make some more! It's easy though--cut. slice. bake.

Have a great sober day all!:h:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Happy Humpday everyone!

It seems to have stopped raining for the moment so I think I'll go out & find something to do

Wishing a great AF Humpday to all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all,
                        Greenie I am still angry and upset by my BF's behaviour on the weekend. i have hardly been in contact with him since as he needs to really think about his actions. I ambitterly disappointed but life goes on...It's perhaps the end of our relationship. Who knows. but one thing is that I will NOT throw away four months of hard work for a man ( sorry to offend any men on here)

Happy hump day. x
                        Be strong-

Comment

rebirth, sometimes relationships need to come to a close - and it may be temporary. Some come around full circle when the time is right. I have experienced this in my own life with some very key people. Close firends and a former husband. Gaps of years of separation. Not to encourage tossing it aside, but even Joel Osteen says when somebody needs to go, let them go. Relax and take care of yourself. :l
                          sigpic

Comment

Mornin' Fabbies! Yo Beautifulday here! Was chilly this morning - got the workout done early. Used the fanny warmer in the seat. I'm grateful for that thing at this time of year! Workers were not due until noon today. So I snuck my workout in early before AA. Now I need to shower and get ready for volunteer work and a Mary Kay thing. Guess what!! Workers are here!!! Gives me the creeps knowing I have to shower next to them - even with two doors closed between us. Oh well..... :H

Good to see everyones posts today. Special vibes to those dealing with difficult situations right now. It is SO wonderful to see everyone making their way through it soberly. Gives me hope that when my time for difficulties comes, I can do it too.

Well, off to face the shower....er.....situation. If that's the worst thing I have to face today, then I am overflowing with gratitude.

One thing is for sure...

DG

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

LVT, is that video about sugar on line? Would love to watch it. I can say for sure I've gone soft with sugar. Not much weight gain but inches. Gotta fix it!

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X