Comment

AF daily - Thursday, October 7th

Skootie! xxxxx
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

:yo: :biatch:'s!

I'd better get working on Jack's face exercises. I was going through old family pics with S. last night and he said, "Wow; you look just like your grandmother!"

Very busy at work right now but wanted to check in and wish everyone a peaceful, healthy day. I'm having dinner with a couple of friends tonight (one of whom was a fellow mommy-boozer until I moved last year...afraid she's going to have difficulty with the new me, been practicing ways to break it to her matter-of-factly all day. The other friend--priceless daycare provider for all 3 of my kids when they were young--doesn't drink at all.).

I also have TWO weddings this weekend, which I couldn't have imagined looking forward to if I wasn't drinking. I'm pleasantly surprised to find I am!

Accountable and P3, I hope you're feeling better. Gaia, Rebirth, Lav, and anyone else who's grappling with a relationship, I wish you wisdom to figure out the right thing for you--staying, going, rearranging, whatever is best for your mind, spirit, and families.

Cin, I love your sober rehab goal. You'll be that much ahead of the game.

Some friends are hosting a musical event to honor the minister at our church, who's leaving after 20 years. (Can't begin to outline the ruckus over who will replace him--another story.) They apparently have "a number in mind for me"--the woman who has panic attacks simply speaking in public, never mind singing, and has NEVER done it sober since high school. So I'll be fighting the "what people think of me" demon regularly if I decide to go for it. Might be too much stress, too soon.

Off for Chinese food and a little AF awkwardness!

xoxo Pride
        AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
        "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Greeting's all,

Pride, i reckon go for it. I know the feeling, performing music/singing for the first time sober in many year's. It's very daunting. One thing's for sure, it will be an unforgettable experience.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
          X