AF Daily - Yo Babes! TGIF! October 8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning!! Where is the UK contingent today? Living large I hope!

Healing vibes to all who are not feeling 100%. Hope you are all feeling in top form by the time the weekend arrives.

Today holds a lot of promise for a good day! Leads group, tough chicks AA meeting, lunch with Sister at the Mother House, Curves, and a fun volunteer evening at the Mission. One of my friends collected over 100 coats and we are having a "everyone's birthday party" complete with lots of cake to go with the gift of coats. I'm so grateful that I'm sober. In the old days, if she had asked me to help her with this on a Friday evening, I'm sure you know what my answer would have been and what I would have been doing. I am grateful I am no longer a slave to AL.

One thing is for sure, there will be NO robbing of MY life today by AL.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

sniffing....
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;976639 wrote: sniffing....
      :H Does it smell funny?????
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

like sandwich meat
        sigpic

Comment

good morning abber roos!! I'm off on my trip in the "cool car" in about 45 min but wanted to pop in and say hi. I'll try to send a post later today that includes a pic of the finished car project but can't promise I'll be able to do it from my phone (but hey, it's an EVO-what Can't you do with an EVO???).
          Take care everyone and I'll catch you later!!
          :l
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

P3!!! Have an absolutely fabulous weekend. Good luck to you and the pupster! Can't wait for pics of EVERYTHING!

greeneyes;976653 wrote: like sandwich meat
            Then I definitely need to go back and make it longer! How are you today Green Bean??

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Yoghurt Breaths!

thanks for starting us off, DG. Hope you have a great day.

Greenie is there anything going on? What's up?

Papmom looking forward to seeing the car.

Where is the UK group? Bear how ya doing?

How about Uni? How did the session go yesterday?

More later,
              T.
              AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Whats a sandwich guys?
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

RB - when I started the thread I originally just said "marking" so we wouldn't end up with two threads. I edited to add an actual post. Greenie read it when it only said "marking" (she knows I do this) and so she said "sniffing" and on we went from there.

I often make long posts which are sometimes called sandwich posts. (you need some nutrition to make it all the way to the end :H). She thought she smelled a sandwich post coming I think.

What are you doing today?

Hi Gaia! What are you up to today?

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Safe travels, P3! Have a fabbie abbie time!

DG, now THAT's a busy day you have. I LOVE the everyone's birthday with coats!

I started my day by flooding the kitchen counters that overflowed into the floor. Unknowingly standing in water in slippers staring at the full coffee pot thinking "what is that sound that's like water dripping?" I continue to be so pleased when something like that happens and I just calmly take it in stride.

I'm going to a meeting about health care issues -can't hurt and as an un-employed person I figure it's good to get in there and rub elbows with small business owners. Never know, right? Maybe there'll be advice on how to remove the industry's foot from my arse. Then there is a fall plant show/sale at the new farmer's market that I haven't seen. There is a university play (Proof) I want to see this weekend. Probably tonight as the high maintenance friend will be here late. Maybe I can take her tomorrow night after the fall festival at the state museum - music, BBQ and the guy who made and tends the topiary garden will be there for a documentary film showing about his gardens at his home in a nearby town. I'd like to say this was for her entertainment but it is rather self-serving as I'd rather keep her busy to limit the dramatic, victim filled recounting of her life's recent events. Hummm... I see I have some work to do here - better get over to sheri's "It's Up To Me" thread. :H

I'm still trying to watch Invictus. I got it into the DVD player last night which was a good start and then slept through it. Maybe I should try movie watching in the AM.

Hope everyone keeps their chin up and enjoys the day!
                    sigpic

Comment

Note: When DG marks a thread (to avoid duplicates the same day) she starts it and writes "marking" and then writes the post using edit. I always pop in under it and write "sniffing". It's a dog thing.
                      sigpic

Comment

Greenie, I have a friend I am (sadly) avoiding because getting together with her is a dreary recounting of her long list of health problems, furthermore to be referred to as "The Bunyon Report." On one hand I feel bad avoiding her. She is a good hearted soul and would give me the shirt off her back if I needed it. Sometimes The Bunyon Report seems too high a price to pay (but I suspect I'm being selfish).... I have thought in an offhand way that I should figure out something to DO together which would minimize said report. (I'm sure I would still get the Cliff Notes version!) So your plan for handling High Maintenance friend is motivating me to pick an event and invite my friend instead of avoiding her ad infinitum.

Have fun! The lineup you have in mind sounds awesome. Wish I could go too!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Oh, you already explained that...:H I'm slow this AM.

Hi RB and gaia!
                          RB, good luck this weekend with the BF talk. :l
                          Gaia, what's on your weekend agenda?

A shout out to M3!!! Unclench your teeth! Actually, you know how we tighten our jaw when we are tense and that involves face, neck muscles, etc? If you focus on relaxing your tongue, all the rest follows. Easy, eh? Reckon that means you have to be silent too. Seriously, M3 - hang in there.

Cindi, hope you have some good things lined up for your weekend. It would be great to stay sober until rehab!
                          sigpic

Comment

Doggygirl;976629 wrote: Where is the UK contingent today?
                            Behaving myself, as always

Doing two days of 12 hours at work today and tomorrow - not much room for misbehaving there - although I used to manage, of course. So glad I'm no longer controlled by alcohol either. Oh, and I've just realised I haven't had any ice cream for about a week :eeks::eeks:

Papmom - have a great trip.
                            DG - enjoy your hectic day.
                            Greenie - good luck with the HMF.
                            Hello to Gaia and Rebirth and all to come.
                            sigpic
                            AF since December 22nd 2008
                            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

DG I had a friend like that (past tense). It really dissolved because she self-diagnosed with a dibilitating condition and settled into a nocturnal, pain-filled, never leave the house lifestyle. I wont' go into what I loosely refer to as her marriage. So I faded away and recently heard that she was resentful of that. Number 4 on "that list" is Stop spending time with people who have agreed to live in a negative state. that is all.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X