sat 16 Oct af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat 16 Oct af daily

morning all - up ridiculously early due to being snored out of my own bed!
    7am on a Saturday - mind you off to get hair dyed at hairdressers at nine.
    Can't wait - I have some awful roots going on!

Glad to be AF and smoke free - feeling a bit strung out after marathon week at work - not doing those hours again! Plan to hit the gym later then off to a derby player's birthday (driving- easy way out) and then off to a gig later.

Still catching up on posts so I hope you're all good.
    one day at a time

sat 16 Oct af daily

Have a great day Bear!

Off to a gig myself later. A mate's album launch. A safe, sober, and magical day to all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Morning all,

Bear I guess by now your makeover at the hairdressers is complete. Must feel good I need to go too.
      Hi Guit have a great gig.

All quiet here. Wish I could sleep later. Where's Greenie?
      AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Morning Gaia, Bear and G
        Its a beautiful morning in my part of the world. Started the day with an energetic workout and ready to conquer the world. I am having one of those days where I feel extremely happy to be living a sober life.
        Have a lovely saturday all. x
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Morning guys! I am up early as well - little one has hockey. I'm off to a meeting this morning, groceries, cleaning and general running around. Like to get it all done on Saturday so that I can relax on Sundays.

Feeling much better today - had a coffee yesterday with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while - it was nice to sit down and talk. I'm glad I went. Doctor is changing my medication as well so hopefully that will help as well.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday! One thing is for sure over here........

Uni
          xo
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

GM Abbers!

I'm looking forward to a busy day watching EB. It's nice out so we can spend time outside

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Good morning fabbie abbers!!
              Lav-have a blast with EB-any pumpkin picking on tap? Certainly chick watching?
              Uni-so glad you're feeling better. Nothing worse than that black cloud just pushing down on you. Hope the new meds kick in soon so you can feel great everyday!!
              RB-you sound great!!
              G-hope your gig goes well. Wish we could be there.
              Bear-hope your gig goes well too! Bet you feel like a million bucks after the hair appt!!
              Yes, where IS her Highness? Oh Your Majesty-come out come out whereever you are!! We won't bite!!

Very cool but clearing day here in MA. No snow thank god but I hear Burlington, VT got a FOOT of the white stuff!!:egad: OK, Green Mountains are out of the picture!! No ocean anyway. To my dismay I actually had to turn the heat on last nite!! Thermostat said 60 degrees in the house when I got home!
              Last nite a friend and I went to see Victoria Stillwell (It's Me or the Dog). She was fabulous and I could have listened to her speak for hours and hours. Her videos were clips of past shows but she was able to slow some of footage down so we could see some of the communication going on with dog and dog or dog/owner. Facinating!! Not a huge surprise to find out she was a professional actor before becoming a dog trainer and she also has quite the voice as well! One of the pivotal experiences she had was becoming a member of the Guardian Angels in London (she was much much bigger then-almost unrecognizable). It was that experience that taught her the magic of staying calm and quiet and of non force in order to diffuse a difficult situation. It flowed beautifully over to her new career as dog trainer. The catalyst for her TV show was that she was sitting home one day with her new infant watching SuperNanny. She had been training for 6 years with the likes of Karen Pryor etc and she said-"I could do that sort of show with dogs!!". So she wrote the producer of SuperNanny and "It's Me or the Dog" was born (the title came from a client of hers who was so fed up with her dog's behavior she actually said that to Victoria)
              For this trip she partnered up with the local humane society and brought out different dogs up for adoption to demo certain behaviors. Very cute!!
              I did break down and bought her book and wanted to get it signed after the show but the line was humungous and my friend wasn't feeling well so home we went.
              When I got home I decided to go into super calm mode and not get upset with the "welcome home" bullying behavior DD usually exhibits. In fact, I kept him in his room until the other 2 were safely outside and I ignored him when he barked and jumped at me. Praised him as soon as he was quiet and let him out. Hmmm, not sure there was a big difference in his behavior but I sure felt better!! Oh and Victoria said that contary to popular belief Dogs are not out to achieve world domination (veiled reference I think to another famous trainer!!)
              Thoroughly enjoyed myself obviously but it was a very late nite and I too didn't sleep very well. But I was AF so not hungover today and happily (not) at work now.

Hope everyone has a great day/night. Positive pings and :l for anyone who needs them.
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Wasn't Greenie heading down to Annapolis, MD, for a visit with NG?

Big THANKS for all the well wishes yesterday. Uni, so happy you're feeling better and that you're my partner in sobriety-crime! :l

Wearing a super-huge mom hat today; drive here, pick up there, drop off/pick up/drop off. Will grab some exercise where I can. I haven't completely forgiven the scale for the other day, but it's making conciliatory gestures, and I'm willing to listen.

G, post links to tracks if you can! That would be cool.

Have a great sober day, all,

xoxo Pride
                AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Praised him as soon as he was quiet and let him out. Hmmm, not sure there was a big difference in his behavior but I sure felt better!! >>

Cross post--P3, codogpendent no more!:H:H
                  AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                  "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

:H :H Pride!!!

You're absolutely right!! Greenie was headed North for the weekend. Hope she's having a fabulous visit and that the weather is gorgeous. I just get a tad aprehensive when a regular poster all of a sudden doesn't post. I must get over my paranoia-we all have lives outside of MWO and afterall, I didn't post all last weekend!! Didn't see any calvery neither!!
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Hello friends!

Everyone sounds wonderful1 I LOVE hearing about everyone's activities and plans for the weekend!!! Myself I'm being very selfish and staying home to do some badly needed housework and other odds and ends. I should go to a funeral of the father of some friends, but I haven't had a weekend home for so long I can't remember. It looks like a bomb went off in my kitchen. The guys took the cupboard out above the refrigerator so the new one will fit.....so now I need to wash all the prettys that they took down and find a place to put them, which means all the pretty's up there should be washed. That wasn't on my list, but thats how it goes. I'm putting the boys to work (when they get up--we all got to sleep in a little today).

It seems like ages since I've had my usual Saturday hangover. Sober Friday nights rock!!

Have a great weekend all!!!:h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Morning all!

I slept about 9 hours again last night. BF thinks I am depressed... maybe. I am seeing my doctor this coming week. I am also going to get in touch with Hospice here in town to see what they can do for grief counseling.

However, I was going to go up and see my dad again today seeing I don't have to take care of my client until tomorrow. He called and said that he was having a 'good' day and that he and his wife were going to get out for a bit. To Walmart... he will wait in the car. I am soooo happy because he needs to get out of the house and it is a beautiful day. So, I am taking the little one out on a nature trail to go bird watching and just to get some fresh air.

So, that is all folks! Another super day weather wise here and I am going to take full advantage of it.

Have a wonderful day!! xo

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Pride, LOL!

Beautiful day here. I love autumn! Hope everyone has a good day.

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
                          - Vernon Howard

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Hi all. I don't have much time to type as others are waiting for the computer, so I can't address everyone individually as usual.

Just know I read your posts and the enthusiasm makes me smile and the dog dialog piqued my curiosity. Going to look up "It's Me or the Dog" when I can. I have a very hyper mixed breed that I would love to be able to take walks with. Even a choke collar won't keep him calm. :-( He just pulls against it constantly and breathes hard. I just can't do that to him!!

I am in rehab and loving it. I'll let you know how it goes here. Monday-Friday are real work days, weekends are relaxation days. Coming on the weekend was a good idea. It will let me get integrated with the women before I start the program.

Love to all!!
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Great to hear from you Cindi! I'm excited for you!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X