sat 16 Oct af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat 16 Oct af daily

Hello to everyone! Special shout out to Cindi - so glad you are happy at rehab!!!!

I am behind on reading everyone's posts. Lasik went fine. Was a bit freaked this morning when the world was so blurry and my "close up" eye focuses only a very short distance (too short) from my face. The doctor eased my mind on this. They over correct because over the next several weeks it will change back some. So hopefully the end result will be very close to what I had (and liked) with the contact lense. Mean time...my eyes and back are strained so won't be staying on here long.

I'm just grateful to be sober and making so many positive changes in life. If I hadn't stopped drinking who knows - I might be dead by now. I'm so glad I found you guys - My Way Out was the starting point for My Way Out.

Hope everyone is having a fABulous weekend! One thing is for sure...

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

It's so good to see familiar faces

Hi All
      I haven't posted in months. I let my membership slide, and just stopped posting.
      But it's wonderful to see familiar faces.
      I have been sober about six weeks now.
      I have a doctor who only treats alcoholism and I am taking antabuse. I have gone for long stretches without alcohol before, but I always slip when I try to drink.
      Been thinking about you all quite a bit. Cinders I'm glad you like where you are at.
      So I will try to post on a more regular basis, because it does help to see you all and hear about what's going on in your lives.
      I went to an AA meeting (at my doctor's suggestion) and was the only woman in the room. Not really comfortable. I know I'm supposed to try and find one I am comfortable with, but truthfully, not all that motivated. I like coming here.
      Talk to you all soon, just surfing the forums right now.
      HUGS
      Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
      If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
      November 2, 2012

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

whew! late check-in for garlic breath. here at the hotel and just got back from our company hospitality suite (room crammed full of people swigging free booze) and all I have to say is: ick! hate that crap, but it's over and I'm AF and unscathed.

Cindi so glad to hear from you and your sounding so well

Wally, yes it's been a while, welcome back to the good neighborhood.

sorry haven't had a chance to read everyones post, zooming away.... and now... zzzzzzzz
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Hi Wally,

We haven't 'met' before but nice to see you. Welcome back.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

sat 16 Oct af daily

Welcome back Wally! Congrats on 6 weeks AF. I too tried and tried and tried over many years to control my drinking but it's just not possible for me. Things just kept getting worse and worse. AF is the only way for this girl. See you on the Sunday thread!

HI DETER!!! (for mayor!) Congrats on getting throught he boozy hospitality suite. Yuk. I hated those things when I WAS still drinking...

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X