AF Daily - Monday October 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps. thanks greenie about sister and dad. That was a nightmare. I feel bad for both of them. My dad only has a minimal time here and it is too bad that they couldn't make peace. I am very worried about sister and her pain though. I hope she finds some peace somehow.

Comment

Welcome back, Greenie! You were missed, you know?

AFM I am sorry for your dad too.

Hi Pamina - what is your instrument? I hear a rational conductor is hard to find.

LV must be exciting geting the fridge in. Must feel good to feel no temptation with all the booze around.

Well toodling along.
      AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Hi again! Anyone else but me think Marshy and XNGF are ________________? :wings:

AFM, I can't even imagine the emotional rollercoaster you must be riding. I will just wish for you a good day today. I hope the doggy meetup goes well.

Pamina, it sounds like taking a break and exploring other options is a good plan. Can't change them I'm sure.

Welcome back Greenie!! Greenie with Queenie Mojo!! So awesome to hear about your good time. The story of large unruly smart but untrained dog made me think of....well.....my house. (I'm going to hit my smilie limit too!) So what's on the agenda now that you are back? More job hunting etc.? Plumber encounters?

LVT - your talk of all that booze gave me the heebie jeebies! Sounds like the new fridge must be bigger than the old fridge? That's a wonderful thing, right? My fridge's are not big enough! Sorry to hear about fight with teenage son. I admire and respect all of you parents. I don't think I could handle it.

Gaia, funny you should ask what happened to him. I see him from time to time - he has been just barely surviving. Today I ran into another homeless guy who ministers to a lot of the ones who are suffering. He told me he hasn't seen the other one for several days and there is a rumor afloat that he has passed away. An alcoholic death on the streets...well....it seems so empty and lonely. I will eventually find out if that rumor is true. I hope your Dad doesn't go that way. At least he has your Mom and that is a blessing. I'm sure it means a lot to him to know you love him no matter what.

Det - sending you major melatonin vibes which will be followed at the correct time with Starbucks vibes. When do you get to come home?

Lav, I may have missed something here. Saturday was to be D-day, right? So YB just came over, parked the boat, ate what you cooked, watched the tube, then left? This calls for more than just a hair cut. I say we shave everything. :l You must be so frustrated. I can't imagine. What is next?

I too am thinking of M3 in the construction zone. After having done the first floor (aka kitchen destruction) previously, I will say that this second floor project is way easier. Having no real kitchen just made life chaotic and difficult. So M3....I feel for ya. Hope you can do a quick check in soon.

I am very grateful to be sober today. I need to be reminded on occassion that for me, alcohol was leading to complete destruction. I need to stay stopped.

One thing is for sure...

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Howdy folks,

Gaia, so sorry to hear about your dad. It must be heartbreaking to watch that. I think Pride's right that your subconscious is telling you that you want to be well and healthy and at least you have control over that if not, unfortnately, control over our dad's actions.

Greenie - great to see you back! Your holiday sounds fab.

Lav - parked his boat in the driveway? Sounds like he's marking his territory.

Pamina - good idea to take a break while you think about things. Maybe they'll dump the conductor and you can go back later.

Doggygirl;984313 wrote: Hi again! Anyone else but me think Marshy and XNGF are ________________? :wings:
          :H:H

No we weren't. Had a really lovely day. Met up at the gallery but it was too crowded and we were both really nervous so we decided to go somewhere to talk and that's what we've been doing all day - went for a drink, had something to eat, spent the last few hours sitting in a bar holding hands, talking, laughing, gazing into each other's eyes. Finally kissed on the bus on the way home. Not the most romantic setting :H But it was lovely I told her about all you popcorn eaters coming along with me in spirit and she thought that was very funny.
          And now I'm totally exhausted because I was too nervous to sleep last night.

:bedtime:
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hello All,

All is well as can be expected in M3's world. The house is still in a state of disorganization and it is making my mind just as disorganized! Really, I am having a hard time putting two thoughts together. Hence, I have not been writing much but I have been lurking. It's so nice to know that I am noticed when I am not around here!!! :h

As you can imagine, the entire family is a bit on edge with all of the disruption. Tempers are short and the children are squabbling quite a bit. It is driving me crazy. On top of that, my work is quite up in the air right now. I have one contract/project on hold and another that I just started is moving along at a snail's pace. It feeds my anxiety because I can't invoice/get paid for anything. And, it just adds to the feeling that everything is open-ended and "unfinished."

Well, enough of that. I'm going to get back to working out tomorrow morning since I've let that go to hell in a handbasket too.

Lav, when I read your post this morning, it made me think about how important it is for those of us who have struggled with alcohol to take care of ourselves. Being accommodating and forgiving of others in hopes that they will "see the light" can cause anger and resentment when that person doesn't change in spite of our efforts to help them. And, we all know that anger and resentment are huge triggers.

Gaia, my heart goes out to you. I have faced this very issue with my brother who is slowly dying from his addictions. I don't think there is an easy answer as to what you should do. I do know for sure that you alone cannot keep him from drinking and I hope that you have compassion for yourself and find peace with whatever decision you make.

:lTo everyone else.

Greenie, looks like your mojo is back.

M3
            AF Since April 20, 2008
            4 Years!!!
            :lilheart:

Comment

Marshy;984383 wrote:

went for a drink, had something to eat, spent the last few hours sitting in a bar holding hands, talking, laughing, gazing into each other's eyes. Finally kissed on the bus on the way home.
              :bedtime:
              Marshy,

Red flags went up over "went for a drink" and "sitting in a bar" Hope all is innocent on that front.

The other stuff sounds really fun and juicy!! Please keep us informed.
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

Marshy;984383 wrote: holding hands, talking, laughing, gazing into each other's eyes. Finally kissed
                :blushing:

M3 I'm so glad you posted. I understand about the lurking; it's nice to hear you're surviving. Remember you can always slide down south for a break from all those loose ends.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

momof3;984388 wrote: Marshy,

Red flags went up over "went for a drink" and "sitting in a bar" Hope all is innocent on that front.
                  Mom3, I'm ROCK SOLID on that front. I'm full to bursting with Diet Coke :H
                  sigpic
                  AF since December 22nd 2008
                  Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Marshy, I'm full to bursting with peppermint tea tonight!
                    My frustration & resentment levels are growing like crazy but I have no desire to drink - won't help anything anyway.
                    I have to face YB yet again tomorrow because he wants to cut grass. He also wants dinner - I hope he brings his own food. I am no longer in the mood to be nice to him. I will have his stuff in trash bags waiting for him. He just doesn't get it!!!!!!

Wishing everyone a good night - firing up my smudge stick now
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

aww Marshy-that was such a sweet recap of your date!! Glad it was easy for you to go with the DC instead of AL. I really hope this works out for you!!

yea Greenie's back!! So glad you had a great time except for the bad crab thing. You sound really good and happy. yea!!
                      Yea!! M3 is back!! So sorry all is still disorganized and family are grumpy. It won't last forever and I think getting back to the activity you love so much will be a big help for you in dealing with all the upheavel. Pings that it all ends soon with the results you want.

Lav-super big :l!! yep, stuff in trashbag sounds about right. He's either going to get it on his own or he isn't. You've done all you can and more. Please take care of yourself!!

Gaia-what a sad story about your dad. I'm so sorry. :l :l. Love him the best you can for the time he has left but you are right. You can't change him. Just be there for your mom and him.

Shoutout to DG, ATM, Pam, LVT, Det and anyone else who stopped by that I missed. I've got to hit the hay very soon. C.a.n.t.k.e.e.p.e.y.e.s.o.p.e.n.........

:l
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                      X