Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tues 10/19

Hello everyone,
    ATM sending you a big hug....You are doing amazingly well not to be drinking. This must be very difficult for you.

Pride I love that prayer. It helps me alot in difficult situations.

Right..need to eat something. x
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 10/19

AFM :l to you!
      I know it's rough to watch but please try to look at your Dad's final hours in a different light. He's been sick for a long time & there's no chance of recovery at some point. Being in the hospital he will be kept clean & comfortable as possible. Step back a little & just let nature take it's course. The burden of caring for him will no longer be on the hands of his wife, or you. I've lost both my parents, we just have to accept these things.

M3, YB is not a drinker. He has a few beers once in a while but that's it. His Dad was an alcoholic so everyone else in the world drinks too much as well - that's his snotty opinion.

Well the rain did stop & I'm seeing a peek of sun
      It's great to be free of that stomach pain that had me for several days
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 10/19

AFM, it is hard but we all will loose our parents. And you are AFM, not for anyone else so the best you can do is to make peace with him and let the universal plan unfold as it will. :l

Lav, I'm glad you got rid of that pain in your stomach. Now you can work on getting rid of that one in your arse. :H:H
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 10/19

AFM, strength to you. :l Just spend as much time with him as you can. I lost my uncle last year and my dad the year before that. The last days were very intense, but acceptance comes as you follow their journey.

Marshy, glad it turned out well and you're now past that hurdle.

Long day, g'nite all.

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 10/19

AFM--so sorry about your being bombarded with sad news! :l Listen to Lav though, even though you'll miss your dad terribly, it may help to look at it as having a chance to say goodbye, have a nice journey. I do believe you will see him again.:h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 10/19

Thank you all very much. Your support and kind words are amazingly helpful.

I went to the hospital. I spent over an hour with him. He is being well taken care of. They are administering the medications through a butterfly, so it gets absorbed quickly. The pills were pointless as he throws up all of the time.

I am going to go and see him tomorrow as well. I wish I lived closer!

Thank you all. I am ok. I am finally accepting this. I hate to see him suffer and he has no quality of life at all. He wants it to end. He said he has had a good life (lol) and I shall just find peace in that. I am glad that I am able to be there for him. The past three months have been exhausting.

I won't drink either. My godmom said that I must stay in the land of the living. So, that is what I will do.

Thanks all. xoxo

Comment

AF Daily - Tues 10/19

Accountable for Me;985269 wrote: I am glad that I am able to be there for him.
                AFM, that truly is the very best thing you can do and to be there "fully present" is a true gift to you both. :h I hope that you continue to feel supported. :l
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                X