AF Daily - Thursday 10/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3, I feel your pain on the kitchen project. When we did the first floor, our kitchen was gutted to the studs. So we moved the fridge and microwave to the dining room, which was also undergoing change - just not as extreme. Ugh. The second floor is easier because My office is completely moved to an acceptable alternative spot, and we have a very good sleeping arrangement in the living room. So daytime life is really very normal compared to what you are going through! Keep the faith - you will LOVE your brand new kitchen when it's done.

Now get thee to the gym.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Orientation was interesting today. Felt the situation was right to reveal my own membership in AA. I always find myself hoping each of the girls coming into the family center make it. I can't help feeling a special affinity for this woman - a fellow recovering addict. I really love the volunteer work I am doing. Offering hope is uplifting.

I am so very grateful to be sober today.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm grateful to be sober, I just wish I was in a better mood. Well, since I'm responsible for that, I guess I'll do something about it. Wow, what a better idea VS diving into a bottle, eh?
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;986718 wrote: I'm grateful to be sober, I just wish I was in a better mood. Well, since I'm responsible for that, I guess I'll do something about it. Wow, what a better idea VS diving into a bottle, eh?
          I certainly have more choices (and responsibility) than I even thought I did when my head was stuck in the bottle, that's for sure.

Send you mood lifting vibes. Reaching out and helping someone else does it for me every time. That, or exercise endorphins.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hidy ho ABerooooos!

AMF, so glad to hear your Dad is doing better

Uni and Greenie, hope your spirits lift soon. it's a grand day to be AF

just got back from another trade show today and the show organizer was telling me last night everyone at the conference got really wasted and some people got kicked out. oops! and there were some pretty sad looking hung-over faces there. sure don't miss that crap.

have purple potatoes, sweet potatoes and asparagus on the grill....yummers in about 15 minutes

be well everyone
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

my neighbor is getting sweet potatoes from his brother's farm this weekend. I can't wait!
              sigpic

Comment

Deter, what do you do with your sweet taters on the grill? I grew them for the first time in my garden this year. They are everywhere! A bumper crop. Love them so that's fine by me.

The drunk and hung trade show stories give me the shivers. I remember (barely) those horrible days.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

This is a killer soup using sweet potatoes.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8...oup-39429.html
                  sigpic

Comment

sweet taters on the grill? just slice into 1/4" slices. coat with olive oil and grill until they are delightful
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X