X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday October 22

Wakey wakey!
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Good morning Gaia! How are you today? Hello all fabbies and yo babes!

I really like the Hazelden thought for the day:

And this above all, to thine own self be true.
    And it must follow as night the day,
    thou canst not be false to any man.
    --Shakespeare

"To thine own self be true." "Live the life you were meant to live." "Be the person you were meant to be." These statements convey a wonderful truth - that when we go inside and trust our intuition, life opens before us. When we ignore our inner leanings, however, trouble arises.

Joe had a love of the outdoors but, like his father, he became addicted to his work. Though he built up a successful law practice, Joe felt creatively stifled and inwardly desolate. One day Joe was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. Realizing he had nothing to lose, he decided to pursue his passion and hike the Pacific Coast trail. Six months later, the tumor had disappeared.

Trying to live out somebody else's life script is like putting a size 10 foot into a size 7 shoe. The size simply does not fit. No matter how hard you force yourself to adjust to your situation, the discomfort continues.

Why not start off with the right fit? Acknowledge your unique gifts and talents, as well as your wants and needs. Then seek out situations and circumstances that will allow them their full expression. This route may take time, but the results are worth it - a life of peace and fulfillment that comes from being true to yourself.
    I feel as though I am still searching for myself. But sober, and trying new things, I feel I'm getting closer.

On the agenda for me today are leads group, tough chicks AA (LOVE that and can't wait!), lunch with Sister and her Sister friend - I just love the two of them. If you would have told me a few years ago that I would be lunching in a Mother House with nuns on a regular basis, I would have laughed you out of the room. Then Curves. Then a conference call with 2 old girlfriends from former work life. We used to call this the "Friday afternoon pricing meeting" and of course drinking was involved. I don't think either of these women are alkies. I was the big drinker. One has battled breast cancer and I doubt she drinks any more. Have no idea about the other. Will be looking forward to catch up with them SOBER. And figure skating season has started (senior international). Didnt' stay up through the middle of the night to catch it live but hopefully the memorex version is available now. It will be a full and fun day.

I wish a full and fun day to all of you! Strength and hope to anyone who is struggling today. Special vibes to AFM, Uni, M3, and anyone else who can use some mojo. Greenie? You got yours back?

One thing is for sure.....

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi DG,

Wow you sound so upbeat today. And what a great day you have planned for yourself! We have something in common - figure skating! More on that some other time.

I love the Hazelton post but I had to laugh at this:

Joe had a love of the outdoors but, like his father, he became addicted to his work. Though he built up a successful law practice, Joe felt creatively stifled and inwardly desolate. One day Joe was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. Realizing he had nothing to lose, he decided to pursue his passion and hike the Pacific Coast trail. Six months later, the tumor had disappeared.

I mean really, can that really be true? It sounds like a 4th grade slumber party thing - "A hundred years ago today, in the middle of the night, a man was dead as a doornail" type thing. I just wish people would back up these things with scientific fact. Too many people say things with confidence that are not true and we believe them because they are said. All you have to do its say, "I'm telling you the truth" and then tell lies and people believe.

Anyway, back off my soapbox...

mo-JO let's go!
      AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

I took to long starting the thread so I moved it here. I'll be back in a bit.

TGIF AFers!!!!

That's like another lingo....

Wakey wakey!

Bugger, now my washing machine is broken leaving me with a load of sopping sheets. But, I'll get that issue with the refrigerator gaskets taken care of too while the repair guy is on the call. So I'll call it good and I really need to turn my money thinking around. When I fret, it goes downhill. I know that about energy. It's just not so easy to shift sometimes.

Going to the river with GF for sure this AM! Then stick close to home - don't want to press my luck with the clutch. Or maybe the universe has decided it's time for me to ride my bike.

Have a fabbie friday!!!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

But before I go, gaia, yes that stuff is true. It is documented. Ther are all kinds of energy healers out there but our society is so AMA based and since insurance companies run the financial world we are hooked in (read brainwashed). Information like that is not good for their business so it's not exactly front page news. Bernie Segal, MD had patients whose cancer disappeared by more or less a change in attitude.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes Gaia - positive energy along with certain lifestyle changes sometimes works miracles. It DOES happen. (not always, but there is hope)

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

GM & Happy Friday Abbers!

Slept well without nightmares last night after a full day on EB duty yesterday! That kid is a workout

I've realized that I have no choice but to put some extra effort into taking care of outside things. Plan to try to get outside with the hedge trimmers today. I hesitate because all I will do is think nasty thoughts about YB the entire time & that leaves me feeling crappy. I'm happier when I don't have to even think about him - you know?

Oh well, the day awaits! Wishing everyone a great AF Friday.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm feeling better today - I got my 3 month pin from my sponser at my meeting last night. It was good to feel accepted.

My father is actually one of the ones whose cancer completely erradicated! He had prostate cancer, decided against surgery - started going to a naturopath and getting vitamin C treatments and leading a healthy lifestyle - 2 years later the tumors were completely gone. So it does happen!

Anyway - today I am not sure what I am doing. I ended up going out yesterday with a GF and getting a pedicure and buying a new purse. I needed some self care and it was nice. I would still really like to feel somewhat "normal" and not so blah. Baby steps. I think I am going to go to a meeting this morning and then see a friend for coffee this afternoon.

One thing is for sure.....

xoxo
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

I'll have to go with Gaia on the Joe story, but I'm a toady for the AMA, so what did you expect?? :H

Greenie, it's like your stuck in some kind of mechanical Bermuda Triangle! Hopefully when all the widgets are fixed you'll be feeling more upbeat. :l

DG, LOVE all the stuff you're doing with your life! I was in the Peace Corps in the 80s (when I was 10....) and worked with a lot of French nuns; those women knew how to get things done. Nike should feature them in their ads. I had a pretty crap experience in parochial school as a kid, and I'm grateful that experience broadened (and softened) my perspective.

Lav, just imagine the shrubbery is YB's head. NOT that I espouse violence, but a harmless fantasy every now and again.... :H

Loving vibes to Uni, AFM, and anyone else who could use them today. M3, may the patron saint of contractors shine down upon you. (And if that doesn't work, try Angie's List--we have had consistently good luck with every contractor we found there. Worth the 10 bucks a year to join.)

xoxox Pride
                  AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                  "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Hello friends.

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I did have a nice day. It would be lovely if the feeling could keep me upbeat for awhile. I think everyone deserves to feel special on their birthday, but really they should feel that way most of the time. I guess it needs to come from within.
                    :thanks:

Mom3, one of the friends I was with yesterday just remodeled their home--she did all the demolition by herself, she hauled 12 tons of plaster etc out of there, and lived in the camper while she did it. (Her husband is a truck driver) She has some nightmarish stories to tell about the contractors and workers she had to deal with. Seems no one has any pride in their work anymore! We did this too about 13 years ago--it was stressful, but so worth it in the long run.

Pride--I wanted to go to Mexico for my birthday, but we opted for the practical fridge. Maybe for our anniversary some year!:H

DG--your day sounds great. Could you ask the sisters to keep Terry in their powerful prayers. I found out yesterday she has 2 compress fractures in her back, waiting to hear from the surgeons what to do. Very painful.:upset:

I have a busy day ahead, catching up since I took yesterday off. So I better get at it.

Wishing everyone a happy and sober weekend. :h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Lavande;987120 wrote: I've realized that I have no choice but to put some extra effort into taking care of outside things. Plan to try to get outside with the hedge trimmers today. I hesitate because all I will do is think nasty thoughts about YB the entire time & that leaves me feeling crappy.
                      Lav, yard work used to make me feel that way (and still can if I don't watch it!), but I use my mantra "I'm grateful to have my little piece of the planet" and I talk to my shrubs and stuff. Hedge trimmer tip: spread an old sheet underneath to catch the clippings, then you just dump them in your compost or whatever. Clean-up is a hell of a lot easier. The queen has spoken.

"I'm happier when I don't have to even think about him - you know?"

Yes, I do know. You see what that is telling you, right? :l
                      sigpic

Comment

Well - so much for the shrub clipping! Can't do much when you can't find the tools :H
                        I have electric & manual clippers but can't find them. That tells me one of the kids 'borrowed' them months ago & have forgotten about them. I'll send them both emails

Made a nice pot of old fashioned vegetable beef soup & baked up some cornbread for myself. Took a bit of a granny nap & kept my head fairly clear of troublesome people today so I'm happy.

I think I forgot to wish LVT a happy birthday, sorry

First frost warning for tonight. Hope the chickies can handle it...........they've grown so much & put a lot of weight on so I think they'll be OK.

Wishing a great evening to everyone
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening all - very tired but just checking in. LOOOONG week at work - really great roller derby sesh tonight,pub for crisps and soda and ready for bed now - and taken my make up off which I haven't managed all week (have in the morning but have gone to bed in it - got night time mask on today)!!

Tomorrow plan to book holiday in the sun - wherever is cheap and spend day with OH/get nice lunch - in evening party wth roller derby team.
                          May need to do some cleaning house looking a bit shabby.
                          Good sober evening all,night night.
                          one day at a time

Comment

I'm still in my river walk clothes and I feel a :bath2: coming on....

I've started sort of cooking tapas style. I cook a little something and eat it and then cook and eat something else.... and so on. I'm liking it.

Uni, thanks for mentioning your dad's cancer success! I saw this today. Hay House, Inc. | Product Details | Defy Gravity
                            Some of those telecasts I listen to are along those lines. Healing energy, etc. Fascinatiing.

Have a peaceful night and sweet dreams.
                            sigpic

Comment

Aloha Friday ABland!

hey, tapas sounds grand. love the 'gourmet snacking' here as well. wen to lunch with an old drinking buddy today and had a good time even though he's still drinking.

so nice to finally have a day where I'm not traveling or working a trade show. whew! it's been crazy but I'm home and snuggled in for the night.

wishing you all super happy festive and even sublime weekend AF'ing happiness!

be well
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X