• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 25 October

IDK = "I don't know," Greenie (hi!)

Nice to see you, Gia.
    AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Monday 25 October

Hi guys! Wow Pride - your Peace Corps experience sounds interesting, but probably a huge disappointment to end up in all that political crap instead of the ideal you surely had when you joined. (at 10 ) That must have been very different living in North Africa. Would love to hear more about the culture etc. that you encountered sometime. Today I was reminded of a time before I was born. A classic rock station played Inagodadavida. :H That's far more "classic" than they usually play.

Gia, welcome to this merry band and congrats on your 9 AF days. It will get easier if you hang in there. Otherwise it's just a viscious repetitive circle.

Greenie - I'm like you. I get something like ice cream or cookies telling myself I will just have one. Then I end up rationalizing some bullshit and eating the whole thing. "I shouldn't be eating this so I need to get rid of it." And of course I'm not talking about the garbage can here.

This "False Fat Diet" book I'm reading explains the inflammatory response to foods that don't agree with us in a more understandable way than I've read in other places. Helps me understand what a hopeless viscious cycle is kicked off when I eat problem foods. Based on what triggers cravings and other symptoms, I think my biggest problem foods are sugar, peanuts and wheat. I don't really think I have issues with dairy. I never eat soy as it's very bad for an already weak thyroid. Corn is often a problem for people but I don't eat much of that. Think I'll just cut that out entirely (GMO concerns, etc.) I don't really think eggs are a problem for me either. But I've been eating them every day for breakfast and it's not really good to eat the same thing every day - that can ultimately cause food sensitivities. So...on my "JUST SAY NO" list: Sugar, peanuts, wheat, soy, corn. We'll see how that goes.

LVT, I would love to have a green house one day. Not sure when I'll get around to it but when I do, I would love to get your input on what you would do / not do.

Greenie, I have no idea why either, but major anniversaries seem to trigger one or more of thoughts / cravings / dreams for many people. I don't think I had stuff going on at my 2 year, but I sure did at my 1 year. When is your anni? We must throw you a proper MWO party!

I wonder how Marshy's new undies worked out. __________________ :h

Hello to anyone I missed and all fabbies who have yet to check in today. I'm off to beddy bye. One thing is for sure...

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Monday 25 October

whew, better late then never eh?

Pride, what an adventure. love to have coffee with you sometime and talk bout Africa.

Gia, glad to have you back and it sounds like you are ready for a good direction of lifestyle

well, packing up for yet another road trip, this time to the CA/Oregon border. should be pretty at least with lots of trees. hope there's no ice on the road.

be well everyone xxxxxxxxx
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday 25 October

Thanks everyone for the welcome, I really appreciate it. I tried 'moderating' and it just doesn't work for me.
          Det, great to see you again. How is the lovely Mrs?

Comment

Monday 25 October

Doggygirl;989498 wrote: I wonder how Marshy's new undies worked out. __________________ :h
            LMAO!!!!!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
            X