AF Daily - Wednesday October 27 aka Post Party Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that was quite a celebration yesterday. Green bathrobes. Fringe panties. Getting some mojo back. Tiaras. Roasted cauliflower appreciation. Loving the simple things in life. Fringe panties ARE simple, right?

One of the dogs was whining early, so I just got up. All dressed up and nowhere to go at 4:30AM. Well, I'm in my workout clothes so I guess I'm not really dressed up. Anyway...the day begins!

There is a quote in one of the daily readings I read this morning that I really like. This is from "Each Day a New Beginning."

Acceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgement of the facts of a situation. Then deciding what you're going to do about it.
    ~Kathleen Casey Theisen
    Back to the old application of the serenity prayer and how to use it as a filter for sorting life's problems. What can I change and what can I not change. Accepting what I cannot change does not mean I have to just tolerate any old thing from people around me. I can't change other people's behavior and I can't change circumstances beyond my control. I CAN change how I respond to stuff. I can change my behavior. I can make different choices. I spent a lot of time in my life wishing / demanding other people would do things the way I wanted them to. That is just a frustrated exercise then usually ends up disappointing only me. I'm grateful to be learning to leave others be. I can communicate my thoughts, but I can only change me.

That's what's on my mind this AM! That and figuring out how to get the dang sugar out of my life and get this 10 pounds that I have regained back off. One thing is for sure, AL would be counter productive for any of these goals!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Good morning DG!

It's preschool day here at the house and I have a meeting with my daughters Early Intervention team to talk about her progress and things to continue to work on to help her get ready for school; she has a very mild case of Autism. But, she has improved so much that the doctors are very sure she will grow out of it. Last week we seemed to get up earlier then normal as well; between 4:30 and 5:30, and we're still there. Thankfully closer to 5:30-6:00 now, she never sleeps beyond 6:30am.

I've been trying not to let people bother me as much as I normally would. I still get annoyed with their actions, the insensitive things they say and do. If it's done directly to me I do however let them know what I feel, they can take it or leave it but I don't allow people to treat me in a certain way.

I'm having problems losing the last little bit of my weight as well..what to do? What to do?

Comment

Cross posted Sheri...Good morning!!

It must have been a doggy united thing as well, my two Schnauzers were pretty restless as well which they never normally are.

Comment

Good morning!

It is an early 3:15am here! I cannot sleep!

My dad is getting out of the hospital today! It is a fricken miracle. He went in over a week ago, literally starving to death - admitted into palliative care. The surgeon thought that there was nothing to lose operating on Thursday and putting in a feeding tube below his stomach to see if it would help him get in some nutrition. Well, my friends. He came through that with fricken flying colours. They also inserted butterflies so that he can take his meds that way seeing his stomach doesn't work. So they have helped him manage the pain from the cancer.

It looks like he may have a bit more time here on this planet. They say it 'could' be 6 months, a year, who knows. Of course the reality is that the cancer can really take off and it could be less, but for now, I am thrilled to have him for a little while longer regardless. I am so impressed with his will to live.

It has been a traumatizing 3 months. Especially this past month; not to mention this last week.

Anyway, I am very happy for today. I need to get my shit together now as financially with all of the days spent with him were days without pay. He was well worth it, however. No regrets, but now that he has stabilized I need to buckle down and start earning some money!

Welcome back BB (Gia!) Whoo hoo!

Hello to all you other fabby abby's! xoxo

Comment

Good morning Gia and Sheri and AFM!

AFM, I am so happy with this news of your Dad. "One Day at a Time" is such a good way to approach all of life - not just sobriety isn't it? You must be so relieved.

Sheri, I've read that about diet sodas too. I didn't drink them for a long time, and then recently let them back in. Bad idea. I suspect the artificial sweeteners in those and other crap have been contributing to my cravings / eating / weight gain. Gotta just clean it up. Gotta stop having one good day then one bad day. That's just as frustrating with food as it is with AL - just keeps the negative cycle alive and going.

Gia, I hope your daughter fully recovers!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;990636 wrote:
            AFM, I am so happy with this news of your Dad. "One Day at a Time" is such a good way to approach all of life - not just sobriety isn't it? You must be so relieved.

DG
            I couldn't agree more! One day at a time is the only way for me. I certainly have learned to appreciate each and every day, no matter what. :l

Comment

YAAAAWWWWWNNNNNNN.......

What the hey?? I was awake at 4:30 too. DG, you MUST quiet those dogs! :H I finally gave up after an hour ~ doggone busy brain.

DG, is "Each Day A New Beginning" a site name? Like Daily OM? I always need reminding of the serenity prayer and associated concepts. My mother seemed to be really good at it.

Brige, about that wine yesterday. Here comes my 2 cents....Yes, you CAN pretend to not have those thoughts and that you won't always. Fake-it 'till-you make-it is often used in learning new behaviors. Speaking of choice.... change the channel rather than fixate on the wine. I mean that literally and figurativley. It gets easier, you know that.

I've got a busy day starting with a chat with the dentist. I'm going for the official foot dragger award and I'm making a surge here at the end of the year, draggin on everything it seems! But I'm busy so I don't get it. I must need to look at my organizational skills.

Kale is a part of my healthy version of eggs benedict - steamed on top of quinoa topped with poached egg and lemony hummus.

Composting has a science to it - thermometer, batches.... I was suprised! I want a 3 "box" system. I bet I can find some plans and a helper. It's as more for the enviornmental impact than it is for my yard.

Have a happy AF hump day! One thing is for sure.........
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AFM!! That is awesome news about your Dad! I haven't talked to you in so long..I didn't have any idea he was that far along. That is wonderful news to hear, and it's so great to you in such a happy mood!!

DG, that is one thing I stay away from is anything related to a diet food, or atrifical sweetners. If I'm going to have a can of Pepsi, it's regular. I don't really drink a lot of pop anyway, but if I do I go that route. And the method behind Diet Water just boggles my mind? Why do we need diet flavoured water? And the Nestea Zero's? I veto food or drinks with diet additives to it. I don't even like the taste of them.

The Autism in my daughter is so mild now that you would never think she even had it, unless you were trained, and some doctors even have trouble with that. She is very bright and just had trouble communicating, she couldn't hear for a year and that set her back from all her peers. She had to go to day surgery to fix the problem, we got accepted into a very special program (for free) with girls that come to our house a couple days a week to work with her. I'm really very proud of her, how strong she is, resilient and bright.

Comment

WOW, AFM... how wonderful about your dad!! YOU did great through that!!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hey Greenie! Fake it till you Make it sounds great to me..I can talk myself into anything. LOL. I can send you a boat load of Kale if you like it, we have it in mass amounts here.

Comment

BB, so happy to hear your daughter is coming along. I remember those heartbreaking days you had back then when she had hearing problems. I actually remember you posting when she had her surgery. She is a strong little girl. Very bright indeed! Yes, it has been a very long time since we chit-chatted on the phone. Gosh, how time flies... nice to see you back! xo

Comment

greeneyes;990656 wrote: WOW, AFM... how wonderful about your dad!! YOU did great through that!!
                        Thanks greenie! I am just very thankful for this community. That is no word of a lie. If it weren't for all of your support and listening to me grieving; I doubt that I would have remained sober through it. Thank you all very much. I sincerely mean that!

Comment

Accountable for Me;990660 wrote: BB, so happy to hear your daughter is coming along. I remember those heartbreaking days you had back then when she had hearing problems. I actually remember you posting when she had her surgery. She is a strong little girl. Very bright indeed! Yes, it has been a very long time since we chit-chatted on the phone. Gosh, how time flies... nice to see you back! xo
                          Ahh...I miss yah girl! Did you check out the new pics on FB?
                          Time does fly. I'm really happy to see a familiar face here, and a good friend. :l
                          That's really great news about your Dad, I am really happy for you both. You've been having a rough go, thank God things have turned around. :l

Comment

Brigitte Bardot;990666 wrote: Ahh...I miss yah girl! Did you check out the new pics on FB?
                            Time does fly. I'm really happy to see a familiar face here, and a good friend. :l
                            That's really great news about your Dad, I am really happy for you both. You've been having a rough go, thank God things have turned around. :l
                            How could I not look at your pics on FB! Your daughter is such a little gem.

Comment

Here you go Greenie. It's a book of Daily Meditations geared towards Women.

Amazon.com: Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women (9780894861611): Karen Casey: Books: Reviews, Prices & more

I really enjoy it.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X