Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Morning abberooooos!

It's coochie day (I love saying that) today! Congrats on 30 days, coochie!

Dread is at fever pitch here as I get ready to go to the dentist. :upset: Anxiety will probably set in when my butt hits the chair. My problem is that I've not had this procedure, so I've got nothing to go on. Ugh.

AFM, can you work and go to school? How long does the coursework last? Is it expensive (if you don't mind my asking) Unemployed inquiring minds want to know.

Best move along.... I can't wait to get back and hear what marshy has to say about the trip. Wonder how the new underwear held up. :H

Have a happy hump day! One thing is for sure.....
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Hi!

Had to stay away for a while - puter probs.

But I'm fine, thanks for asking!

Missed you guys a lot. Another busy day here, gotta catch up.

I'll be back in a little bit.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Morning abbers!

Greenie, if it's any consolation I always find the dentist isn't as bad as I think it's going to be.

greeneyes;995515 wrote: Wonder how the new underwear held up. :H
      There was a bit of rippage :blush: Details? Hmm. Everything's going very well so far. She has a crazy schedule and is only in London half the week so there are things to be worked out logistically but I like the fact that we're NOT available to each other seven days a week at the moment. So far it's good and we'll see how it goes.

Mom3 - how are things with you today?

Coochie - congrats on 30 days!

Hi Gaia!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Rippage? Rippage??? you say???!!!! OMG! The virginal Marshy. I can't bare to read on! :new:

Good luck at the dentist Greenie. Rather than regale you with a few horror stories, i'll agree with Ripper knicker's that it's not usually as bad as it seem's.

Have a great day/arvo/evening everyone!

And one thing's for sure.........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Good morning! Greenie, thanks for starting us off on Dentist Day. Just imagine - in a few more hours it will all be over with, and having it over with will be AWESOME. At least that's how I view the recent dental appointments in my life. They are sure not fun. I hope it's smooth sailing for you. :l

Coochie. I'm afraid that nick name is going to stick. Congrats on 30 days Choochie!

Marshy. RIPPED underwear??? :h:h:h that is all. So happy for you!!

Gaia, it's good to see you - glad to know it was just 'puter problems.

AFM - when I was at the big AA convention this summer, I went to a meeting where a phychiatrist spoke. He said that in his many years of experience treating depression (and other stuff) he finds it impossible to be effective if people are drinking on a regular basis. Not just alcholic drinking - any regular drinking. So I can only imagine what a horror show the roller coaster ride must be of meds + AL = no solution at all. It seems AL needs to come out of the picture in order to really figure out what is going on.

Mr. Doggy invited a prospective client to come by our house today for a meeting. I asked him if he was nuts inviting a prospect here with all the construction mess. He looked at me with a blank stare. "Why would that matter?" At least this prospect is a male and hopefully shares that blank stare attitude about a dust covered world with nothing in it's rightful place.

I have been having a rash of days lately where the amount of appointments, etc. is not unreasonable at all, but there is strange timing. The length of time between things is enough to be very annoying, but not long enough to get another thing done. (i.e. workout in between, grocery shop in between, etc.). So it will probably feel like a long day even though it's really not.

What I need to do is get busy on my Thanksgiving cards to customers. We are doing that instead of Christmas / holiday cards this year.

One thing is for sure...

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

GM & Happy Hump Day Abbers!

Greenie, when I go to the dentist I kinda put myself (mentally) into another 'zone'. I swear it's something I learned to do as a kid........disconnect myself. That way nothing bothers me much I hope your appointment goes well.

Marshy, glad to hear your trip was 'enjoyable'

Welcome back Gaia! Computer problems are just another fact of life, we've all had them.

Greetings to G & DG, Uni, AFM, BB, Choochie & all who stop in today.
            I need to get myself into a money making mode as well - I've been lacking self motivation lately while wrestling all the other garbage in my life. Priorities Lav!!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Wednesday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Guitarista;995560 wrote: Ripper knicker's
              :H:H:H Fabulous. I might change my screen name...

DG - your mention of Thanksgiving reminded me that there's a difficult time coming up for many people on these boards. You seem to have more public holidays where alcohol plays a big role than we do even though I think, culturally and historically, we're generally bigger boozers on a day-to-day basis.

Lav - back to the grindstone!
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Good morning all!

YAWN! I woke up an hour later today. I even went to bed early.... lazy!

Greenie, I will be working on the weekends while attending class. The cost of this is just over $11,000. The course work is 10 months plus 125 hours practicum. That is to become an 'Animal Technician'. If I want to pursue it further, it would be another year+ in college. We have Student Loans here, in which I will be receiving. They also give you a bit of a living allowance to live on. Not much, so it is important for me to have some work to make ends meet.

DG, I was a MESS when I was drinking heavily, which resulted in my being a complete MESS when I stopped. I was on all sorts of medication. I also was very resentful and angry about a whole lot in my life (which is partially why I drank). It was absolutely horrible looking back. I get those moments sometimes thinking, "was that really me? I can't believe I was like that? I cannot believe that I drank that much, that often!". However, I do know that it could very well happen again if I let my guard down. It was a hard fight; to fight for my life...... I know that the alcohol would have killed me. Without a doubt, the way I was going. I got to the point where I would drink for days on end - straight! Constantly drunk. Gawd!

I am so grateful for the date of December 6/06. That is when I found this place on a Google search. In complete desperation. Having young kids and no support. It took a while for sure. Lots of ups and downs, but I think I have come to peace with the fact that drinking destroys my life and it certainly isn't worth it to even think otherwise.

Hello to all the rest! I must get into the shower!!!! Up late and got to get motivated! Going up for a visit with my dad this morning after I drop my little one off at school.

Have a great day all! xo

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Happy Wed ABeroooos!

so nice to see your shiny AF faces on this fabulous sunny day. i"m late, late for a very important date....
                  zoom zoom

be well
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

hey all - finished work early - yay. I am all dressed and ready for skating and DETERMINED to go this time. Had eve work meeting last night and dinner with a work friend.
                    I ate far too much - but it was lovely! I am on 1600 calories per day until I go on holiday in 4 weeks - I need to see some waistline changes.

I plan to have a lovely bubble bath after skating and take off make up/brush teeth (didn't do it last night but otherwise it's going well). Coaching course tomorrow am really looking forward to it (not the 7.30 start tho).Gym tomorrow eve and then meal with another friend (just the one course this time tho).

I am feeling better about work situ - waiting for my SAD light box to be delivered and booking in acupuncture. My meds have been increased too - gotta do something!
                    I'm taking positive action.Seeing old friends this week - can't wait.
                    one day at a time

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Greenie - thanks again for celebrating me today. I feel like a little kid - so happy! Hope you experienced as little as possible in the dentist's chair today - not sure what you had done, but nothing to look forward to there other than saving your teeth - small price to pay I guess?? You'll have to let us know.

DG - Choochie is actually my nickname. So, it's quite ok if it sticks! That's what my family called me when I was little - it's symbolic for me in the sense of going back to a more innocent time before AL.

Also, DG, I was thinking about your AA story and all the times I went to my general family doctor complaining about sleep problems. Do you know that he never really quizzed me about alcohol. In hindsight he should have. Now that I'm af I realize that even a small amount of al disrupts my sleep. I would venture to say that it's responsible for most sleep disorders but that doctors just don't "go there" with their patients. Hmmmm food for thought.

AFM - Congrats on your new venture. I love animals but am helpless when it comes to helping them - a reall wuss -- pansy. Shame too - would love to have been strong enough to have a profession where I was helping critters.

Thanks Marshy - can't wait until I can say 60. Appreciate the support!!:thanks:

Happy AF hump day to everyone,

Choochie - day 30 AF (yea) - goal #1 accomplished.

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all going fabulous today! It's beautiful here, it's coldish, but the sun is out which distracts you from the actual temperature so I have some blankets and sheets out on the line. Nothing like the smell of fresh sheets hung out on the line. Also managed to get my new wood blinds hung, and they look great! I love them!
                        I've been getting a slight headache on a daily basis, but not everyday. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't had an AL, or because I've upped my coffee intake? They don't last all day, they're just slight and nagging, but I am getting them. I've never had really any withdrawls before.

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

feeeeeeeeeeeeck.... that hurts
                          Sucker didn't want to come out and it appears I need the novacaine dose for a good sized bear. But it's over. I've got pain killers and ice pack.

mg rippage???
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

Awww Greenie-I hear ya babe!! If they didn't put the implant in today, make sure you keep that gauze pack in for the time they say. I hear dry socket is the worst!!!
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - Wed 11/3

greeneyes;995823 wrote: feeeeeeeeeeeeck.... that hurts
                              Sucker didn't want to come out and it appears I need the novacaine dose for a good sized bear. But it's over. I've got pain killers and ice pack.

mg rippage???
                              I hate the dentist. I've had a couple root canals and my wisdom teeth yanked about 5 years ago. They gave me an anxiety pill under my tongue, they told me it would be enough to knock out a very large person. It didn't have any effect on me, they had to give me two. I guess AL had risen my tolerance up so much?? Yikes, the things you learn about years down the road, I had no idea why it wasn't working back then.

Comment

Working...
                              X