AF Daily - Sunday November 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ItsJustMe;1003553 wrote: I used to be young and innocent like you before I started hanging out with this bunch. Now I am old and tainted. Just stick close to me and I will guide you. Stay away from Greenie, she is trouble.
    Ah feck off and speak for yerself! I'm a young bitch and an innocent at that! :H:H

I love pandora.
    Commandoers don't get wedgies.
    I'm glad I don't entertain thoughts of modding because you know that really exuberant feeling you get when first going AF? Well, after my 2nd non-consecutive year......

I'VE STILL GOT THE THRILL!!!

THE QUEEN HAS SPOKEN
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Choochie;1003837 wrote: My world has gotten really small -- oh well, at least it's peaceful.
      Me too. That's on my gratitude list.

Hi and welcome BTC!

Yo zennypants!

Hi everyone else - I read all your posts but I'm knakered from a rollicking few hours at the nursing home. I continue to be astounded at the way my dad and I are interacting. Who'da thought??? Gotta dive onto my old not only boring but inactive mattress.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

So happy for you, Greenie! That is awesome to hear!

Comment

I saw there were 61 posts and thought "no way I'm getting through all these" and :yo::biatch:'s, here I am!

IJM, what a trooper to clean up the little :xxx:'s guano, and, well, whatever. Makes the litter box look good, that's all I'm gonna say.

M3, (indicating how behind I am), yes, we go to the UU church in Concord, MA. Much shit hitting fan at present as vote to replace much-loved retiring senior minister nears. Two-and-a-half hour meeting today. Wish Robert's Rules allowed for "Sit down and shut up." I love my peeps, but frankly, all opinions are not created equal, and I had leaves to rake.:headbanger:

Okay, here's where I confess to bringing up totally disjointed topics just to use some of the more obscure smilies.

Welcome, Break and Sara (and thanks for coming back Chooch and Chopper)! Any other new faces I missed? 61 posts and the short-term memory loss that accompanies being 29 are not compatible.

I was gonna talk about (non-bat) sex--sadly, no "non-bat sex" smilies--but I think I'll save it for tomorrow. Stay tuned, new folks! :devil:

Much love to each of you with ailing loved ones. Aw heck, much love to each of you regardless. :hug:

Bedtime,
          Pride
          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Pride, _______________ works for bats and non-bats. And it doesn't go against the completely rigid and totally unfair 6 smilie per post limit.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

aw, i came in for one more check in and was thrilled with the lovely sentiments from some "old" friends here...of course i mean from way back, not age wise, after all 29 isn't old!

det, thanks for the encouragement, it means alot.
              lav, i can't wait to feel really good again!
              dg, you are a wisw woman who i have grown to admire and respect over the time i've been in and out here.

everyone else thanks for sharing your worlds!

nitey nite from the middle of somewhere!

Comment

I understand your dilemma, Sara. I remember that thread you started and how determined you sounded to abstain but, even though you realise you have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol, if there's that sneaky feeling of "I'm not too bad" it must be difficult. Not too bad yet.

Sarasmiles;1003841 wrote: I need to learn more about living without alcohol
                I think that's very telling. Substitute another drug in there instead of alcohol. "I need to learn more about living without... crack", "I need to learn more about living without... heroin". Sounds extreme, maybe? You wouldn't dream
                of risking getting out of control on crack, right? What a crazy idea! It sometimes helps me to look at it that way if my thinking starts to get screwed about why I gave up.

I'm not trying to be holier than thou (who was it who said this thread was like that? :H I can't remember), but alcohol is a unique drug in that it's legal and socially acceptable (and not just "acceptable" but positively encouraged a lot of the time) and I think it helps to remember that it is a drug, whatever gloss our societies put on it, and it can destroy lives.
                (Lots of debate in Britain recently after scientists said alcohol is the most destructive drug we have - worse than any of the illegal drugs).

Anyway, I wish you well in your deliberations.

BB - bed linen! A whole other story. My new bed is between kingsize and superking size so finding linen is going to be impossible but it's not being delivered for a week so I have a bit of time.
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
                X