sat nov 20 AF daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat nov 20 AF daily

Good for you BB. Each of those small victories makes you stronger and stronger.
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

Hey All! Happy Saturday!! The sun is shining after a very gray and cold start but it's windy as heck. I'm stuck inside without windows once again.

BB-I'm very nervous about my first holiday season being AF. Luckily my only outings will be with family who know my status but it doesn't stop them from enjoying a slew of bottles. Christmas eve will be at my BIL's brother's house and I was always the one that drank more than anyone else. It will be really nice to participate in the yankee swap with a clear head for once!! We played texas hold 'em one year and I don't remember much of it. I wish we would play it again this year-maybe I'd rake it in LOL!! Your crockpot chicken sounds divine. I really must start searching for recipes!!

Pride-I'm sure my boss doesn't appreciate the fact that I'm looking on his time :H!! There just isn't a whole lot out there in my field and I think it might be a little too late to change fields entirely at my age. Sometimes I think I should just resign myself to working there for the rest of my life and try to improve my personal and living situations so at least half my life is the way I want it. If my boss was a different type of person, I bet I could strike a deal with him and work some of the time from home. But he's not and (insert Serenity Prayer here).

Bear- I too am amazed that you do the roller derby thing! Speaking of skating, my bro sent me a video of his 5 yo at a Learn to Skate(ice) session last weekend. Too cute. He's got potential that's for sure!!

LVT- I haven't had any drinking dreams yet but I guess they are inevitable. But -I did have a hair cut dream last nite! I think Greenie was trying to cut the tail I have going in the back. Seriously!

AFM-Oh, I am not the least bit ready for the white stuff!! It can stay away as long as it wants this year (any year!!). suppose to be a really snowy winter here in NE according to the Farmer's Almanac. Are they ever wrong? I sure hope so!!

Greenie-great job on the buying and making the little kaluha bottles and not being tempted. That is awesome!! I hate the stuff myself but that never stopped me in college. Had to be one of the gang and Kaluha was soooo cool. Ha.

Lav-hope you and EB and his rents have a great time at the railroad park!!

heya Chooch, Pam, M3, Uni, Gaia and anyone else who stops by.

So I went to Planet Fitness last nite sans neighbor friend. She said she was sick. She had gone out to lunch with mom and sisters to celebrate one of sis's birthdays and said something she ate got her sick on the way home. she's about 6 months AF same as me. Why am I so suspicious?
      Anyway, I spent 20 min on the treadmill and then worked on all the ab machines and some stretching. I felt very comfortable there, even tho it's humongous. It wasn't too crowded although that won't be the case Monday and Wed. at 7pm. The machines are very nice and easy to use and the music was rocking-just what I like to hear. I think my plan of walking DD first, then letting the other 2 out in the backyard before I go to the gym is a good one. I won't feel guilty about making them wait to go potty until I get home. I'll feel like I've taken care of them and now I can take care of myself. Going at that time (7pm) for an hour will take up the time that I feel the most lonely at home and when I did most of my drinking. By the time I get home, it will be after 8. I think my dinner of choice on those days will be a low fat protein smoothie so I won't have a super full stomach before bed. I'm really excited about this plan and really hope I keep the motivation going. My neighbor (we walked the dogs this morning) does want to do it so we'll keep each other going. On wed I'll attend the group personal training session on "designing your own program" and then I'll be off and running!! So to speak-I don't really run :H.
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

Hey All! Happy Saturday!! The sun is shining after a very gray and cold start but it's windy as heck. I'm stuck inside without windows once again.

BB-I'm very nervous about my first holiday season being AF. Luckily my only outings will be with family who know my status but it doesn't stop them from enjoying a slew of bottles. Christmas eve will be at my BIL's brother's house and I was always the one that drank more than anyone else. It will be really nice to participate in the yankee swap with a clear head for once!! We played texas hold 'em one year and I don't remember much of it. I wish we would play it again this year-maybe I'd rake it in LOL!! Your crockpot chicken sounds divine. I really must start searching for recipes!!

Pride-I'm sure my boss doesn't appreciate the fact that I'm looking on his time :H!! There just isn't a whole lot out there in my field and I think it might be a little too late to change fields entirely at my age. Sometimes I think I should just resign myself to working there for the rest of my life and try to improve my personal and living situations so at least half my life is the way I want it. If my boss was a different type of person, I bet I could strike a deal with him and work some of the time from home. But he's not and (insert Serenity Prayer here).

Bear- I too am amazed that you do the roller derby thing! Speaking of skating, my bro sent me a video of his 5 yo at a Learn to Skate(ice) session last weekend. Too cute. He's got potential that's for sure!!

LVT- I haven't had any drinking dreams yet but I guess they are inevitable. But -I did have a hair cut dream last nite! I think Greenie was trying to cut the tail I have going in the back. Seriously!

AFM-Oh, I am not the least bit ready for the white stuff!! It can stay away as long as it wants this year (any year!!). suppose to be a really snowy winter here in NE according to the Farmer's Almanac. Are they ever wrong? I sure hope so!!

Greenie-great job on the buying and making the little kaluha bottles and not being tempted. That is awesome!! I hate the stuff myself but that never stopped me in college. Had to be one of the gang and Kaluha was soooo cool. Ha.

Lav-hope you and EB and his rents have a great time at the railroad park!!

heya Chooch, Pam, M3, Uni, Gaia and anyone else who stops by.

So I went to Planet Fitness last nite sans neighbor friend. She said she was sick. She had gone out to lunch with mom and sisters to celebrate one of sis's birthdays and said something she ate got her sick on the way home. she's about 6 months AF same as me. Why am I so suspicious?
        Anyway, I spent 20 min on the treadmill and then worked on all the ab machines and some stretching. I felt very comfortable there, even tho it's humongous. It wasn't too crowded although that won't be the case Monday and Wed. at 7pm. The machines are very nice and easy to use and the music was rocking-just what I like to hear. I think my plan of walking DD first, then letting the other 2 out in the backyard before I go to the gym is a good one. I won't feel guilty about making them wait to go potty until I get home. I'll feel like I've taken care of them and now I can take care of myself. Going at that time (7pm) for an hour will take up the time that I feel the most lonely at home and when I did most of my drinking. By the time I get home, it will be after 8. I think my dinner of choice on those days will be a low fat protein smoothie so I won't have a super full stomach before bed. I'm really excited about this plan and really hope I keep the motivation going. My neighbor (we walked the dogs this morning) does want to do it so we'll keep each other going. On wed I'll attend the group personal training session on "designing your own program" and then I'll be off and running!! So to speak-I don't really run :H.

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

BB-:goodjob: on passing up the drink and sending your friend home with his bottle!! Way to go!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

Hey Abbers!

Woo hoo - we had fun on our Day Out With Thomas! Here ya go greenie:
            Day Out With Thomas? - Strasburg Rail Road

EB (Matthew) was very well behaved & had a look of total amazement on his face the whole time. Big crowd there too. We stopped for a nice lunch afterwards, YB was well behaved as well :H
            Partly sunny today, not freezing, good weather for an outdoor activity.

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a terrific AF Saturday.
            M3, I can picture EB still loving Thomas at age 17

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

Cute lav! Glad you had a good day!

I'm carting soup to a friend's birthday dinner (thinking of a diff container to avoid last time's spillage mishap). Never enough hours in a day it seems! I did manage a river walk though.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

Sipping a mug of Holy Basil tea with Rose & Chamomile in it. Yum!
                Sober since 2nd November 2010!

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

Papmom3

Congrats on joining the gym!!

Break. What is Holy basil tea and where could I get some? I love teas.

Hey Lav and Greenie

PS--Have not gotten out of my jammies today and decided to pass on the cocktail party.
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

Momo, here is a little bit of info on Holy Basil (aka Tulsi) tea. It tastes delicious and as well as the original one you can get it blended with ginger or mint or rose etc! It really calms you down and blisses you out.

ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Tea (Holy Basil) 25Tea Bags | Healthstore

"Life is a mirror of your thoughts and beliefs. It simply reflects YOUR truth, your reality."sigpic

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

Thanks Break Where do you live?
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

I live in the UK momof3. Where do you live?

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

Break, I live in Northern Virginia, right outside of Washington, DC.

FYI--I just ordered some Tulsi tea online. It sounds so delicious.
                          AF Since April 20, 2008
                          4 Years!!!

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

whew, better late than never eh? Happy AF evening everyone!

just got done with 10 hours of tradeshow and the rest of the crew is out drinking. I grabbed a ceasar salad, a starbucks and some haagen Daz icecream and I'm staying in my room and watching the UFC fights on pay per view and charging it to my expense account

Mom of 3, the story you relate of stressing over cravings in the early days gave me goose bumps. I can remember like it was yesterday. whew. glad to be here now.

AF love to you all
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

sat nov 20 AF daily

momof3;1008045 wrote: Break, I live in Northern Virginia, right outside of Washington, DC.

FYI--I just ordered some Tulsi tea online. It sounds so delicious.
                              Excellent. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Comment

Working...
                              X