Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AF Daily-Thursday November 25, 2010-Happy Thanksgiving no matter where you are!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily-Thursday November 25, 2010-Happy Thanksgiving no matter where you are!!

New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Papmom & everyone!

Be careful on the roads today :l

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans today!

P.S. Please send me a goody bag. I like everything, don't be shy with the portions. I can eat a lot for being tiny..LOL

Comment

Tee Hee! Will do Gia!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

I am under a lot of stress this morning. Dad has to go in for emergency surgery at 7am. His body has rejected the feeding tube he got a month ago... I will be surprised if his body will survive this one. Although I am trying to think positively. :upset: He said he was scared this time. He sounded like a little scared, weakened child on the phone last night.

Sorry I don't mean to place any damper on anyone today. I have no one else to talk about it with.

Comment

OK AFM-we're rallying around you!! Take deep breaths and just pray to anything you feel comfortable praying to. It will calm you I promise.
            Say the serenity prayer if you think it will help. Just because it's a holiday here doesn't mean bad things won't happen. It's how we react to them that counts. You can post here as often as you want with updates. I know I will be thinking of you and will add your dad to my before dinner blessing. Hang in there and whatever you do, don't give in to the AL beast-he will just make things worse. He lies.

:l :l :h :l :l

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Thanks, papmom xo. Although he is suffering, I am praying for him to make it, because I am selfish. His wife will phone me to keep me updated. Thank God. Seeing I can't get there with all of this stupid snow that won't stop falling!!

Comment

Maybe the snow is a blessing in disguise AFM. Maybe you are not meant to see your dad in such pain. Big hugs.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AFM. just lit one of my Christmas candles here for AFM Dad xx
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Dear AFM, I'm so sorry your dad is going through this. It is so hard to be so far away and not being able to be there for him I'm sure! I know what you mean about that scared little voice, my sister does that same thing! Take care today and may it comfort you to know many care about you and your family. :l:l
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Ahh sweety, I wish we were closer. I'm so sorry for you and your family, I hope they do something to ease any discomfort your Dad may be having. Love you sweety...

Comment

AFM, I will include your Dad in my prayers today. It must be so frustrating for you to be snowed in when I'm sure all you want to do is get in your car and go. :l

Happy Thanksgiving USers and hello to all other fabbies. Back to the kitchen now.

One thing is for sure.... I want some of IJM's smoked turkey.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AFM,

Please know that the feeding tubes were not meant to last forever. REplacing them a few times is pretty typical. You & your Dad will be in my thoughts today.

Lav the retired RN
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm thinking of you AFM.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone - please send me a plate over as well please.

Evening meeting today, then packing for rollerderby bootcamp, then short day at work tomorrow then hopefully leaving about 4.Meant to be travelling in 1 car but others not free until about 7pm so will be a really late night if we all travel together. I don't want to upset anyone though - I could be there at about 8pm or midnight. I think this is one of those times when it's ok to be selfish.

I'm exhausted - I've been shopping for last minute bits as well - food,toiletries etc to take.
                            Snow is forecast as well.
                            one day at a time

Comment

Good news! He made it through. Let's just pray that this feeding tube works for him. Whew!

Whew! whew! whew!

Thanks to all of you for being so damn kind and supportive of me. I cannot express how very grateful I am. xoxoxoxoxox

Comment

Working...
                              X