Weekly AA Thread - Nov. 29 - Dec. 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree DG. And these are precious gifts. Patience and tolerance are so difficult. I can see them building in me, but slowly. Nothing is happening so quickly, like a grand miracle. But slowly things are coming to me through my HP, through working the steps, through helping, listening, and connecting with others just like me. Add those little things up that happen daily though, then we really can believe that this program works for us!

Went to my home group yesterday morning. The topic was spirituality. I thought it was relevant to tell about my SIL and how she texted me out of nowhere and we had this fun texting conversation. I've been praying for her like my sponsor told me, and yes, it works!

On Friday night, went with about five girls I've come to to through my home group to a speaker's meeting. The speaker was only about 31 years old but had been through hell and back. He was so cute, funny but not trying to be, and inspirational. Sometimes I wonder what the heck someone so young can teach me! LOTS! Since it was Friday night, the girls and I went to Eat-n-Park. I'm so glad to be getting to know these girls. What a great time we had.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

j-vo: I too am making friends in AA & really see the value in that. It helps me, & it helps others. Last night, we had a friend from AA come for a light dinner before the meeting. Then, we piled in the car & went to the meeting. We talked program during dinner & then had a good dose of AA at the meeting. It's what keeps me sober. Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
      X