AF Daily Tuesday 11-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Tuesday 11-29

momof3;1013993 wrote: I fell asleep on the bathroom floor at 3 am and it wasn't because I was drinking :H

Certainly is incentive for us to eat our fiber and vegies, eh M3?!!

AFM: Fast food - Bad Idea:

A Newly Discovered Reason to Avoid Fast Food and Popcorn

Posted By Dr. Mercola | December 01 2010 | 15,677 views

Perfluoroalkyls, which are chemicals used to keep grease from leaking through fast food wrappers, are being ingested by people through their food and showing up as contaminants in blood.
    Perfluoroalkyls are stable, synthetic chemicals that repel oil, grease, and water. They are used in surface protection treatments and coatings for packages.
    The specific chemicals studied were polyfluoroalkyl phosphate esters (PAPs), which are the breakdown products of the perfluorinated carboxylic acids used in coating the food wrappers.
    Common Dreams reports:
    "The researchers used the PAP concentrations previously observed in human blood together with the PAP and PFCA concentrations observed in the rats to calculate human exposure to the chemical perflurooctanoic acid, PFOA."
    Perfluoroalkyls Used in Fast Food Wrappers Show Up in Human Blood

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 11-29

Choochie - yuk!

How can we get rid of that????
      AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 11-29

Gaia - get rid of the picture or get rid of the trash in fast food?

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 11-29

the trash in fast food...

the pic is gross but doesn't really bother me.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 11-29

Good question. I just don't eat it. I'm not sure if the tide will ever turn. I hate it that America has made this contribution to the world. Really makes me ashamed. Too many people who think of nothing but the almighty dollar. I hope it changes - doesn't just screw up people - screws up the environment too. One of my soapboxes - sorry for the rant!

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 11-29

The tide can be turned by the choices we make. Food sales talk. Grocery store scanners talk. Be grateful to have the healthy choices and the knowledge to make them. Even though that knowledge can be scary, it is more reason to guide your choices. My sister and I were discussing the disappearance of Chilean grapes in the grocery. I think it's because people aren't buying the toxic, pesticide ridden clusters of death. Oops, I mean imported fruit. I'm about to launch into energy transformation so I think I'll stop now. :H
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 11-29

Yes indeed the scanners do talk. There are lots of times I buy organic versions of veggies/fruits that are not on the "dirty dozen" list just to support the organic stuff being made available. I'm sure the organic is better anyway but budget wise.... Also, I just don't buy stuff on the dirty dozen list if I can't get it organic. I suppose the non-scanner talks too?

Amen on those grapes.
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Tuesday 11-29

Choochie,

You just don't eat it - the paper? Oh I guess you mean the food.

I won't comment on the Chilean grapes. How do you feel about South African grapes?
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
                  X