Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Wednesday, December 8th

Hello abbers!

It feels as though I haven't checked in for ages. Been very happily busy with life but posting here is one of the ways I maintain my sobriety so I need to keep doing that.

Saw my new counsellor for the first time yesterday and I was wondering what I'd find to talk about as most things are going really well, and things that are not going well are things I have no control over (serenity prayer, anyone?:H) but it's funny how things start coming out once you start. He gave me a couple of good insights about some things which has given me something to think about.

Today I'm suffering with a cold and wish I hadn't come in to work but at least there's free chocolate on tap and it's nice and warm so could be worse!

Have a good day all!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

G'day Marshy, and Fab's to come,

Free chocolate eh? Keep warm and keep shinin'!

A safe, sober, and magical day to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Marshy! So happy things are going well with XNGF and elsewhere in your life (apart from the cold). Seems like a lot of Abbers are down with something. You can't pass germs along through the computer though. Right? ... Right?

You're awfully chipper these days, Mr. G. Okay spill: what's her name? :blinkylove: Seriously, you're such a positive presence amidst all the struggling (and yes, whining) across many of the forums. You deserve to be happy, and you're making it happen. A big thanks for modeling sober success from this 29 year old. :l

I'm tackling procrastination today. Right after I paint my toenails. So off I go.

Have a great day, Ab Fabs yet to come!

With peace and gratitude,

xoxoxo Pride
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

It's amazing workplace in December is always rammed full of chocolate. I'm off sick again today.

Still feel exhausted,nauseous, weak and shivery/headachy.
        It's right after my day off so probably looks liek I am taking the piss - hopefully itlooksso bad they will believe me - I don't take the piss with sick leave so hopefully there'll be no hassle. I do feel genuinely rubbish. I love Christmas and don't have energy to even put my tree up. Just walked to the loo and was exhausted! I badly need a shower - smelly - friend told me not to shower as it changes body temp if you have a temperature.
        Think I may have to take that risk today!

Bonus is I've lost 2 pounds - if I can lose 2lbs a week before my re-scheduled holiday in Jan I will have lost a stone.Preferably not through this route tho - thinking more gym and healthy food! Well I am glad to be firmly on AF bandwagon - there was an article in LOOK magazine about number of famous young women who have gone af and trend of 'dry bars ' opening - not round me they're not but is encouraging.
        one day at a time

Comment

LOOK magazine about number of famous young women who have gone af and trend of 'dry bars ' opening. >>

What a totally cool idea. Wouldn't it be amazing if the way alcohol was viewed turned around the way it has for cigarettes?

Feel better, Bear! Tea, toast, ibuprofen, and a girl movie for you today.

xoxo Pride
          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Good morning bear, Marshy, G, Pride & everyone!

Thinking chicken soup thoughts to everyone with a cold :l

bear - go take a shower by all means.......it will make you feel better

I'm working this morning then meeting old friends for lunch this afternoon. I love these people, we worked together for many years.

Wishing everyone a Happy Humpday
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning morning, trash day morning!!

Marshy, thanks for the start - good to hear from you. I'm hoping you'll post some london snow piccies for us. Hope the counselling is all you hope for. Free choccie - I'd be sick before lunchtime. Hope your cold snot too bad.

Yes, G-string... what IS happening in your sex, oops I mean love life?:bigwink:

bear - ugh, you've really got a bug... After careful consideration, I've got to ask what is "taking the piss"? I'd take Pride's suggestion of tea and toast to heart!

I put out a bit of Christmas decorations in the living room. A step beyond slapping a wreath on the door and calling it done. It's so late in the month already I've decided to skip the tree - I'll be leaving in 2 weeks anyway. It's enough sparkle and glitter and twinkle to satisfy me.

Tomorrow afternoon I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW!!!:bananacomputer::bananacomputer::banan acomputer:

"Give Greenie A Job" vibes tomorrow please! I'm thrilled someone finally at least asked to talk to me!

Have a happy hump day!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

After careful consideration, I've got to ask what is "taking the piss"?

I second that!

Seams alot of people on here are under the weather! Hope everyone gets to feeling better and good luck on your interview tomorrow greenie!

Have a great AF day all!
                You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Happy AF day everyone!

Quick check in - good luck tomorrow greeny!
                  Bear - be well - chicken soup and tea for you.

Ciao for now,

Uni
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

Hee! Hee! I'm crackin' up here, cuz I too was wondering what "taking the piss" meant. Hope Bear checks back in soon.
                    And what's up with all the chocolate being offered at work in the UK? I'd be at work EVERY day!!
                    It's a nice brisk morning here in the Northwestern US: 30 degrees, snow still stickin' to the ground. Absolutely beautiful!!! Other than an intitial temper tantrum from my daughter who is 7 1/2 (going on 16!), I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and some computer time.
                    You would think AF and extra caffeine would have me wired up with energy, but I've really been draggin' here lately. I drank an espresso drink at 5pm yesterday, yet was in bed by 10pm. Of course at 2am, the caffeine resurfaced through my veins and kept me up 'til 4:30am! Go figure.
                    So here I go with today's round of caffeine.
                    Happy thoughts to all of you!!!
                    "Today's Test Is Tomorrow's Testimony"

Comment

To take the piss is an expression meaning to mock, tease, ridicule, scoff, or troll.[1] Take the Mickey (or variations) are euphemistic ways of conveying this expression where the word "piss" may be vulgar. This is most widely used in the United Kingdom and Australia.

So I guess in this case it would be to, in effect "pull someones leg" or "pull the wool over their eyes"
                      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hello friends,

Feeling kind of.....I don't know.

Anyway, #1 son is sick too.

I feel so bad for my friend with colon cancer (47 years old) so don't put off that colonoscopy!
                        My family doesn't want to get together before Christmas because it would be too much for Terry. Blah, Blah, Blah.

I don't want to always be the downer for this thread, but I did want to pop in and say I think what Bear is referring to is a Drug test. A urine test. Since she is sick the day after her day off. Am I right Bear. Feel better soon!

Good luck with the job interview Greenie. I'm getting pretty nervous about not having much work right now. What are you interviewing for? :h
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

:H:H:H

Some things just don't translate do they transatlantic!
                          Fannywarmers anyone?!

To us Brits to take the piss means - to make fun of someone or to 'try it on' to pretend to be something you're not. In this case I was wondering if work would think I was taking the piss and pretending to be sick, as I have been off sick straight after a holiday!

The best one ever was an American I met in a br who said he was 'doublefisting' - after I nearly choked on my drink I asked him what he meant. He meant he was holding 2 beers at the same time - please beware in UK that refers to a, shall we say 'adventurous' sex act!!

Hope you're all good - oh and drama queen who has returned to the team has deleted me as a friend on facebook (I'm ignoring this as it will drive her INSANE!) and already caused hassle re transport after being back for 1 day! I have decided I am not going to give her a lift if she needs one, but will tell her calmly why when the situation arises when she asks for one (if ever).
                          one day at a time

Comment

GOOD LUCK GREENIE:goodjob:
                            one day at a time

Comment

:goodluck: Greenie with your interview tomorrow!

Good morning everyone. Today is the Little one's Teddy Bear picnic at her school and the cookies we baked last night turned out great! Whew! Talk about putting things off till last minute!

It is stormy here today. Raining and windy. One of my neighbours is nailing up a tarp on their roof. Sucks to have a leak. Nothing like trying to fix it in the dark during a storm!

Other than that, nothing new here. A quiet day is a good day!

Feel better soon, Bear. :l

Comment

Working...
                              X