2nd Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Day

Wish me luck. Listened to Clearing Tape and Sleep Learning Tape. I hope to stop for 3 months and then re-evaluate. I was so sick of the constant struggle I will not drink I will not drink then close to finish time at work maybe just one bottle and drink half, closer still to finishing time maybe one bottle. Finishing time driving to the bottle shop well I better get 2 bottles because I cant drive after one bottle if I feel like an extra drink. It was all so exhausting. All aspects of my life suffered. The self hate and remorse are just awful.
    :thanks: for listening :new:

2nd Day

Welcome Barbara Lydia!

Well done for making the decision to quit. You're right, the addiction is exhausting and miserable. Onwards and upwards! Do you have some ideas about how to distract yourself from wanting to drink and other ways to fill your time?
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

2nd Day

Welcome to MWO Barbara Lydia - this is a good place

I found the Hypno CDs very helpful myself. Take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to help you make your plan.

Don't hesitate to post in the Newbies Nest thread in the Just Getting Started section. There are lots of people there just getting started as well.

Best Wishes on your journey!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

2nd Day

:welcome:Barbara - don't miss the Newbies Nest under Just Starting Out when you post - others there who are new to the site. I posted to you elsewhere also.

Sending you peace and strength.

Comment

2nd Day

Hi there and welcome to MWO!

This is a great place to help you fight the battle, and the support is really great. Check all around the boards and the various threads, there are many people here all with various experiences and levels of sobriety. All the best to you,

Comment

2nd Day

:welcome: Barbara!! You can do this!! I wish you all the best on your journey. You won't be sorry! Don't be afraid to post your story, ask questions and definitely read read read!! download the MWO book if you haven't done so already-it's fantastic!! Take advantage of Chat as well-it's always there for you and someone is always on no matter what time of day or nite. Looking forward to getting to know you. Your description of your daily habit is identical to what mine was. Just wanted you to know.
            :l
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

2nd Day

Barbara: The obsession of the mind that drinking creates is almost worse than the hangovers etc. All the planning, hiding (for me), etc. that went into drinking was exhausting & took over my life. Good luck, Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

2nd Day

:welcome: Barbara Lydia! I can totally relate to that debate you describe - will I or won't I drink, then the promises that I wouldn't and then I did. I'm so glad that is behind me and I know you will be too. I think you have a sound approach to go AF for a time and then re-evaluate.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X