WHAT I LIKE ABOUT BEING SOBER.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hangovers on sunday morning!! Isnt that still something! One of my favourite bits of sobriety.

Excessive drinking does not help anything and anyone.
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

It sounds so strange to embrace normal emotions that are uncomfortable. But that is one of my favorite things about being sober. Accepting myself. I was single and lived alone for a long time and would start drinking in the morning on the weekend to "enjoy" my day off. I thought I was good at entertaining myself and didn't need anyone. Truth be told I did need people. That's okay. I love sober truths. Also, one of the best things about being sober is that when I am around people, I'm not longing to get alone so I can drink as much as I want. It's so messed up how AL robs what's real. Reality is much better.

Comment

Waking up early without an alarm
        Dealing with problems calmly and rationally
        Reading books -- and remembering what I read!
        Having a conversation with my husband that doesn't end up in an argument
        Remembering my dreams
        Sipping Hot Tea
        The feeling of falling asleep at night peacefully -- not passing out

Realizing that maybe I can actually accomplish this thing that I thought was impossible.

Comment

I love using my time wisely rather than wasting it by drinking and feeling lathargic
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

I love feeling well and alive and not going through a constant cold-turkey detox with hideous withdrawals.
            I love looking people in the eye and having my self respect back.
            I love that my children now beleive me when i
            I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Life. And myself.
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I love feeling well and alive and not going through a constant cold-turkey detox with hideous withdrawals.
                I love looking people in the eye and having my self respect back.
                I love that my children now beleive me when I say that I will do something and that I can be relied upon.
                I love facing life with a clear head and a resilience that I didnt know I had
                I love appreciating the simple things in life such as a cup of tea, a good sleep, a sunset/sunrise
                I love being able to be with people and not feeling like I want them to leave so that I can drink myself into a coma
                I love not being afraid
                I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

No more drunk chatting, FB'ing or emailing..
                  No more glassy eyes in the morning..
                  No more guilt and remorse..
                  My first completely sober birthday in over 12 years without even a drop..

Comment

Working...
                  X