AF Daily - Wednesday December 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 5-month sober anniversary (and you too, Uni)! Woot woot!

Fiance's office party is at our house tonight so we've been cleaning/shopping/cooking around jobs and kids for three days and I'm WIPED out. No booze for this hostess, though. Will share highlights later.

Positive mojo and big hugs to you AFM; back on the wagon. You want to be sober for all the stuff you have on your plate. :l:l

Zooooooom...

xoxoxo Pride
    AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Thanks sweetie! I stopped. Much love to you all. I am feeling so fucked up right now, but back to the path of sobriety!

Congrats on your 5 month sobriety!

Comment

Congrats to you on the 5 months! That's so great!

AFM, I wish I could help you in someway. I'm always here if you need anything, you're such a wonderful woman and a great friend I really hate seeing you in so much pain. Please know I'm always here.

Comment

AFM-huge :l :l to you. I think most everything of value was said on your other thread but to me Greenies words were really good. I like the idea of the soul transitioning from this earth's plane. My mom died 15 years ago and I see her in so many places. We didn't have the best of relationships and the last 5 years were especially rough as her Alzeimer's really messed with her mind but I know her real self is still with me-when I look into someone's eyes, a stranger on the corner, a dream at nite. They never really leave us sweetie, we just have to find new ways to communicate. Take care of yourself and little AFM today-lots of lemon water, herbal teas, vitamins, a hot bath if you have time. Hop on here if you can. YOU are number one right now, you and Little AFM.
        Peaceful blessings to you and your dad.
        :h
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

GM Abbers & Happy Humpday!

Congrats to Pride & Uni for their 5 AF months, very well done

AFM, what's happening, are you OK? I'm with BB in wishing we could do something to help. Please take care of yourself.

It's sunny but very chilly this morning. Time to go let my teenage chicks out of the coop for the day.

Hope everyone has a good day!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pride and Uni-congrats on 5 months!!:yougo::yougo: That is fabulous! Pride-hope you're staying nice and warm today!! Can you believe it's minus fecking degrees???
            Arggghhh-gotta get my arse in gear and call the repair shop. Feck!! A wasted vacation day!!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

:yougo:CONGRATULATIONS ON 5 AF MONTHS PRIDE& UNI!!!:yougo:

Have a great time tonight! Wish I could come too!

AFM, let yourself feel those feelings! Don't deny yourself that by masking them with AL. Get on your BGPs and right back on the wagon. Use the tools!! Keeping you in my thoughts today. :h

Busy day today. Zoom.... One thing is for sure!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Morning to all!!!
                First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS ON 5 MONTHS YOU TWO!!!!!!!!
                Don't really have much to share this morning (shocker!). Just startin' out with a 24oz Monster Energy Drink and puttin' the medal to the pedal from there. I'd like to attend a meeting tonite. I'm going to see what I can arrange as far as a babysitter goes.
                The holidays can be tough; the clock's tickin' down to the big day; the weather is cold; the reasons go on and on and on for reasons to drink for the alcoholic. I choose to be sober today! :-)
                "Today's Test Is Tomorrow's Testimony"

Comment

Fabbers!

Five months - WOW - way to go Pride and Uni :yougo::yougo:

AFM, you put down that drink - way to go! I have a few bits to add to Greenie's wardrobe, like TBGV (Titanium vest), BGH (helmet), BGM (mittens), BGB (boots). It's a big storm out there, but you'll be fine. You will. :l

We're supposed to get more snow though no sign of it yet. Work is winding down (I can't wait!!!) and I've got time to attend a lecture on Chinese medicine today (in no way connected to what I do). Lovely!

Have a good one everybody.

Comment

Good job Pride and Uni!!!:goodjob: Keep up the great work!

AFM--I hope your daughter is feeling better too. I know the feeling of being overwhelmed and wanting to escape. Do something nice for yourself today, ok? Take some deep breaths and try to relax. Let go a little and things will work out the way they are meant to. :h:h

I have a busy day ahead, and got a lot accomplished around the house yesterday. It is looking pretty Christmasy. It sounds like my sister might get to go home by Christmas, and her birthday is the 23rd which would be a great gift to her. I've decided to go see her the day after Christmas. It sure is tempting to bypass the in-laws on Christmas day and head right on down there! Hmmmm......:H

Our city council voted to let the bars stay open until 2 am. Because 1 bar owner wants to make a few extra bucks. Pretty disappointing. Maybe it will be a non-issue, but I think it speaks volumes about the priorities in our small community.

We have been enjoying 50 degree days here, but that is supposed to change. I do wish we could get a little of that white stuff for Christmas though!

Heres to a sober day!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AFM this is for you, babe....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4c1woKwjWw[/video]]YouTube - You can relax now_Shaina Noll
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

We're all with you, AFM....

Day 15 here and still digging out of the snow! Hope everyone has a great AF day!

Never again,

Don

Comment

What a beautiful song, Greenie! I didn't think I had any tears left.

Comment

Ground control to Major Tom..... I cannot stop listening to that either.... fuck.....

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcDCvQbOdig[/video]]YouTube - Bob Seger - Against the Wind

This reminds me of when I went camping with my dad.... good memories...

Comment

Working...
                              X