AF Daily - Wednesday December 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DG, I was reading your post on the Weekly Thread, and I have to say the two points you made sound a lot like me as well...

1. I don't like being in certain social situations where there is no purpose - where it is just "hanging out."

2. I am very very comfortable being alone. I enjoy puttering around, reading, visiting MWO, etc. I used to like to blabber away on the phone, but that was AL talking. I really don't like talking on the phone. I like being in isolation, but at least I like myself now when I am there!

I am not a very social person, not really. I enjoy being in my house, I am comfortable being alone, I don't feel the need to surround myself with people. I don't answer the phone a lot when people call me since I'm not a big talker anymore on it, I really don't like when people just pop in at my house for a social visit..you never know what could be going in here! And I'm completely okay with it, I like the privacy and the quiet.

Comment

Hi everyone!

First off....

:yougo:CONGRATULATIONS PRIDE AND UNI ON 5 MONTHS SOBER!!!!!:yougo:

:yougo:CONGRATULATIONS CHIEF ON 15 DAYS SOBER!!!!!:yougo:

AFM, my heart goes out to you. I know you are hurting. I am with Greenie suggesting that just letting your emotions flow will be so much better in the long run than drinking will ever be. :l You are in my thoughts and prayers.

BB, while I am quite comfortable alone, I also find it's important to drag my butt out the door for "social" stuff that DOES have a purpose I like. That's so important for me - otherwise I would live like a mushroom. I'm so glad you are doing so well and finding your sober self! Being comfortable alone rather than the self loathing that went with drinking alone is so wonderful in my eyes.

LVT, good to *see* you sounding better today. If you think giving the in-laws a pass this year is the thing to do, then go for it. Your sister is important too. And at least you will know where you are sleeping. (oops, I forgot to turn on the [bitchalert]) :H

Hello to everyone else! As always, strength and hope to anyone needing an extra dose of that right now.

The house is finally coming back together, thank God. Still much to do before hosting the in-laws on Sunday. But at least there are couches rather than beds in the living room now.

I am enjoying my volunteer work more and more all the time. For anyone who has been considering volunteer work, I will just say that it has become a mainstay of my recovery. I think it's important that I have found a cause I really believe in, an organization that I really believe in, and that makes all the difference. There are lots of good causes out there I can appreciate, but to volunteer I have to feel passion for this one in particular. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. It's worth it.

One thing is for sure....I'm headed for the luxury shower and bed in my own bedroom - NOT for a bottle of booze tonight.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey All –

Just wanted to zip in for a sec. Congrats to Pride, Uni, and Chief. I just realized a few minutes ago that today marks 60 days AF for me. Hopefully I can hit Pride and Uni’s milestone soon!

Take care all!

Comment

WHOOO HOOOO!! CONGRATS ON 60 DAYS IJM!!

Way to go! The 2 months mark was very special to me and I think it was key in continuing the journey-for me anyway!! Hope all is well and that the season isn't too overwhelming!!

BB and DG-I too am OK being alone without the AL. I am enjoying however the 3 nites at PF even tho I go alone. At least there are other people around. I find that the evenings go so fast now-when did I ever have time to drink????

Speaking of time-it's time to get ready for bed. I spent the day getting my car fixed and putting up decorations. Yea!!! It looks like christmas in my living room!! I like it!! Now the fecking cats better leave everything alone! :H. I found these battery operated tea lights to put in my Star sculptures that take regular tea lites. I don't think the effect is all that different and if I forget to turn them off? No fire!! I need more candles like this!! The irony of it all is that now I'm AF I probably WOULDN"T forget to blow them out unlike when I was drinking everynite I just didn't lite them as I was too afraid I would forget.

Nitety nite all!
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

PS IJM-You'll hit Pride and Uni's milestone in exactly 90 days-no sooner :H :H

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

P3, you sound FAB!! Wish I could come hang out with you in your living room. (no holiday decorations up here yet - and might not be. Don't think I can face another box!)

:yougo:CONGRATULATIONS IJM ON 60 DAYS SOBER!!!:yougo:

I am totally loving all the anniversaries today on AF Daily. It's exciting!!! I LOVE WATCHING RECOVERY as my Step Coach used to say.

One thing is for sure...

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

CONGRATS IJM on your 60 AF days
                Keep up the great work!

Glad you got your car fixed today papmom. Sounds like it wasn't too serious.
                Enjoy the Christmas decorations - I went very light on them this year, just wasn't in the mood for too much. I found my BIL robbing my wood pile today & told him to get lost :H He said he thought I wouldn't mind - yeah right! I'm enjoying my evening fires & when the wood runs out that's it. He's almost as irritating as his brother YB!

Stay warm everyone!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Oy. Putting up with YB and BYB (Brother of Yard Boy). Next time greet him holiday your shot gun. Tell him you don't mind...some target practice.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Lavande;1023331 wrote: I found my BIL robbing my wood pile today & told him to get lost :H He said he thought I wouldn't mind !
                    WTF?? I think you should return the favor via his freezer.

IJM, ROCK ON WITH YOUR 60 DAYS!!!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

hidy ho ABeroooos!

greetings from a hotel in Santa Cruz. at least it's nice and warm here

and huge kudos to Uni, Pride, IJM and whomever else has benchmarks of AF time.

AFM, please stay close hon xxxxxxx

well, found myself being pretty tired and run down so I figured I better do something healthy since I actually got to this hotel at a reasonable hour today. hooked up my TRX exercise doo-hicky and cranked out some insane exercises to the point of being quite shaky and light headed. then walked over to a great Thai restaurant and ate like a mutant vampire cow-pig. yes, really. whew. I think I'll sleep good tonight. off to check on chat....

be well everyone
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

IJM you rock on babe with the 60 days!

Comment

Hmmm... Mutant vampire cow-pig. I'm trying to visualize that. :H

Travel safely D....

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey Lav-was this the same BIL that got rid of the snake for you when EB was visiting? If so maybe he can rob the woodpile just this once?

Deter-:H :H :H -yep, the visualization is a tough one and scary.

time to hop onover to the Thurs thread and then get my arse in gear. Love having days off-hate going back.

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                            X