Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Sunday December 19

Good Sunday morning people,

It's super cold here today. Taking Little Gia to see Santa today, so I'll be getting her all pretty in her new dress and styling her hair. She's going to be so excited. I'm not going to tell her till an hour before because she'll go crazy with excitement.

I skipped the Christmas party last night, I just honestly didn't feel up to going and being around drinkers in any form last night. There's a huge Christmas sale on right now at the Liquor store as well which I managed to avoid too.

But today, I'm tired and it's so dry here with the weather that my skin is just soaking in the moisturizer like crazy. I need to just pour in a lot of Olive Oil into a bath and climb in.

Time to make my coffee...

Morning BB, good for you for avoiding the party if you didn't feel up to it. There will be loads more in the future when you are feeling stronger. Have fun at the grotto.

Happy birthday Lav!
    :bday3::bday3::bday3:

Thanks Lav & Pride for the recipes. I will report back on how it goes after Christmas. Papmom, I couldn't find your recipe in the recipe section. I found zucchini patties but not zucchini brownies.

Pride, your SIL got 8 inches of snow! Got about 2-3 inches where I was (central) but it varies hugely across the city.

I'm having a lazy, indoor day. Not going anywhere near any snow or shops, that's for sure. It will be mayhem out there today. I've coloured my hair, made bread and have presents to wrap, books to read and cleaning to do. Some of which might be fun I'm so grateful today to be unhung and looking forward to a non-boozy (for me at least!) family Christmas.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hey there Marshy,

I like the sounds of your day, it sounds nice and relaxing and I wish I didn't have to get out of my jammies and venture outside.

Comment

Hello Sunday people!

I was trying to think of something productive and still relaxing to do today...I'd go for a long walk but it's grey and rainy and cold outside.

Building a fire and baking cookies or something along those lines sounds pretty good -- maybe I won't be so productive after all! :H

I'm just so happy to be AF and I feel like I've crossed some sort of line that has firmly decided me that I just don't drink. I don't like it, I don't like the effects of it, and I just don't need it in my life anymore! I hope this feeling stays with me forever.

Have a wonderful day all. :h

Comment

mylife;1025195 wrote: I'm just so happy to be AF and I feel like I've crossed some sort of line that has firmly decided me that I just don't drink. I don't like it, I don't like the effects of it, and I just don't need it in my life anymore! I hope this feeling stays with me forever.
          Mylife, I think I've finally crossed that line as well. It feels liberating.

p.s. Send cookies my way, and I'll send you some chocolate princess cupcakes.

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Cloudy & chilly here as well mylife!

BB, have fun with Santa today

Marshy, thanks for the BD wishes. Today is also my 19 month quit smoking anni - how's that for a double whammy?

Think I'll go check on my 26 feathered teenagers :H

Wishing a good day for everyone!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning fabbies!

:bday7::day4:HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAV!!!:day5::bday1:

Gia, good job on skipping the party! That old saying "better to be safe than sorry" fits here.

I DID go to the party and had a lovely time. They always have phenomenal food. I got to chat with lots of people I havent' seen in a long while and made my employment availability known. The host walked up beside me at the bar as the bartender looked at me, glass of ice in hand, and said "soda and what"? Smiling and winking at the host, I said "lime" and he gave me a kiss and told me how proud he was and how wonderful I looked. It's nice to still get that.

Today is lunch out with a different circle of friends. They are doing a wine exchange and I was asked if I wanted to do it to have some in the event someone stopped by. I tried to imagine opening a bottle of wine for someone and then what? Give them the rest to take home or pour it out? Nah. So I opted out of that part.

Marshy... here's a sign idea. "Ms. Nikki Ripper" Or how about XNGF?

Laundry calls......

One thing's for sure! If I drink anything out of the ordinary, it'll be my splurge of $ Mighty Leaf Citrus Chamomile tea $.

Mylife, that's a great feeling! I hope it lasts forever too!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm exhausted today - bad dreams and little sleep. I am having some anxiety because my short term disability runs out soon and my LTD won't kick in for a bit (the insurance guy screwed up and sent me the paperwork SUPER late even though I asked him for it numerous times). So I have to apply for EI in the meantime but auuugggghhhh. Just a frustrating situation and it's bothering me. I need to let it go and just trust that it will work out but my obsessive brain is having issues with that today. I may go have a bath and just go back to bed or something. Not sure.

Yesterday was good, baked cookies and just pretty much chilled out. Today I think I may stay in my jammies all day - just have to clean the kitchen but other than that I have no plans. Those are the best days in my opinion.

Happy B'day Lav!

I hope everyone has a great day today - BB have fun with little Gia at Santa! Sounds fabulous!

Love you guys - thanks for always being here!
                Cyber hugs all around.
                Uni
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Hey Lav-In honor of your 70's day of music yesterday:

!!!!

It's a cold one again in the NE but PRAISE BE THE HIGHER POWERS the storm has moved far off the coast!! They are mumbling about some snow on Tuesday but I won't panic yet. I wouldn't mind a white christmas but I don't want to spend valuable wrapping hours shoveling instead.

Greenie-thanks for the link!! You are awesome! I'm feeling a bit better today although still sneezing/snifflely but it feels more like allergies. Still, it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep some on hand.

It's getting a bit late so I must get the pups/kitties fed and start working on my two goals today-clean the kitchen and make the fleece no sew dog beds for my coworker/friend.

Hope everyone has a fabulous AF day!!
                  :l
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Quick hi then off to church: First, for Lav--

(what pix CAN'T you find online?)

Will cling by my fingernails to xmas spirit through PMS, poverty, parenthood, and emPloyment today. Heck if I won't .

AFM, hope you find time to check in today. Ribbon on the remembrance tree for you at church this morning. :l

Happy Sober Sunday all around, lovelies,

xoxox Pride
                    AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Pride-I'll be right beside you keeping those fingernails securely to nail beds!!
                      Beige employment - check
                      Poverty - Check
                      Sorry-no PMS or parenthood unless you count being a furmom! Of course DD can test the patience of any experienced parent as well as a 2 year old :H

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

In-laws will be here any moment but wanted to say....

Happy Birthday Lav!!!!!!
                        So how does it feel to be 29???

BB, so proud of you for passing on the party. Have fun today with Little Gia and Santa.

Hello to all fabbies far and wide!!!

About 6 or 8 hours to go and the in law thing will be over with for another year. I can't wait!! :yougo:

One thing is for sure...

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Happy Sunday Aberooooos!

Lavande, felize cumple anos to you! and congrats on the smoke free double-whammy

heavy rains have now cleared away the foot of snow we got here yesterday. crazy weather.

and I got a wee Xmas splurge for myself at the gunshow yesterday. a circa 1900's 14" henckles chefs knife. it's got a lovely patina on it and it's big enough to be a sword. next time I need to dice up a buffalo I have the tool for the job LOL.

be well everyone
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Deter- :H :H :H

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hello friends.

Happy 19th anniversary and Happy Birthday too Lav!:l

Pride--that is a cool chick pick and very nice idea of the ribbon on a remembrance tree.

I am still very heavy hearted for my friend with colon cancer and his wife and family. Apparently it is well advanced and he probably doesn't have much time. This is so hard to come to terms with. I can't imagine my best friend is going to be a widow so soon. I hate to even think about that, because we have to think positive, right? So many are struggling with health issues right now. My sister is going to have yet another surgery to fix a hernia tomorrow. Looks like she won't be home for Christmas after all.

I'm trying very hard to be happy and excited for Christmas, but it is quite difficult. The boys are being lazy and I really don't want to have to go to my sil's for Christmas. I know I need to just suck it up and make the best out of the situation. I keep thinking about John and Mary and how awful their Christmas will be and there's a chance it will be his last one.

Anyway, sorry to be such a downer. That is just my life right now. And I have a lousy cold to boot! I did go with my girlfriends for lunch and pedicures then some shopping the other day. It felt good to talk stuff over with them.

I am going to do a little lounging around this afternoon and maybe take a nap by the woodstove. Have a great sober week all!:h
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X