• Show
Clear All

Weekly AA Thread - Dec. 20 - Dec. 26

Merry Christmas to all. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Merry Christmas to all. This is my second holiday season sober! It feels great.
      Love and Peace,
      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone! cpn, congrats on your 2nd holiday sober! This was my first and I had such a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Thank you for all of your support. It's a special gift.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I am sitting here in shock. A friend of mine from AA died last Thursday - I just found out. She was so young! She got sober in her early twenties and has been sober 16 years. I have no idea what happened. We truly never know what tomorrow holds. Make the most of today and LIVE one moment at a time.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG: I'm sorry about your friend. During our drinking years, we did so much damage to our bodies, that sometimes it just doesn't regenerate. Sorry.

Everyone: I love the day after Christmas. I have a sense of peace & purpose. I'm thankful that I too just enjoyed my second sober holiday.

Mary
            October 3, 2012

Comment

DG, how sad. I'm really sorry for your loss.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

So very sorry DG about your friend, so sorry. We all only have today, just today to make the best of. Peace, j
                Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

Thanks janka, j-vo and Mary for your kind thoughts. I wish I knew what happened. Her mother passed away last year and she has battled clinical depression ever since. She was on meds which she said were really helping. I hope it had nothing to do with that. I'm hoping to hear something more later today. I still can't believe it.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

DG, I'm sorry about your friend. :l
                    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

DG: I just made a program call this morning to someone who was very, very depressed (thinking about suicide). As a result of her drinking, she lost custody of her son (15 yrs old), & the holiday season just took a huge toll on her. Thank God, her friends in AA have rallied w/phone calls & rides to meetings. I'm having a potluck on New Year's Day, & she said she'd come. I don't think any of us realize how depressed a life of drinking can make us. Everything takes time, including recovery. Take care of yourself. Mary
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X