Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ December 24th Christmas Eve

Good morning Abbers,

Just thought I would start the thread today, and wish you all a Merry Christmas and my best wishes to each and every one of us. Thank you all for being such wonderful people that you are. And a little picture of our Christmas tree to start the day. Little Gia is super excited, we've already tracked the current updates and video's on NORAD and she just had her bath to get ready. I'm getting out the many ingredients to start to assemble the lasagna which will take forever to cook and bake, but the end result is so worth the work that goes into it. Have a wonderful day everyone. AFM, please know I'm always thinking of you and wishing you peace and love.

One thing is for sure..Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will be a sober one in this house.

Good morning BB & everyone! Happy Christmas Eve!

Cold here but sunny, no snow. Not sure if it really feels like Christmas yet but it will.
    I will be in the kitchen all day preparing tonight's feast, a labor of love for my family.

Wishing everyone peace & love today!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning fabbies and Happy Christmas Eve to all! BB, your tree is gorgeous! Little Gia must be so excited. Your lasanga sounds heavenly.

Lav, no white Christmas? I actually can't believe how much snow we have on the ground. Usually in my neck of the woods, it's pretty iffy to get a white Christmas. And here we are with many inches already, and a few more in the forecast for later today and tomorrow. What a strange weather year it has been! Brutally hot this summer, and way below average this winter. I guess that's why they call it an average, right? Enjoy your day in the kitchen and your family tonight! (I have a special lump of coal I am saving for YB if he shows up :b&d

It's a day off today from all the usual work stuff and also from Curves as they are closed for a 3 day weekend! So I slept in 'til 6AM (can't believe the dogs let me sleep that late!) and I'm about to get in the shower then make some breakfast. Then off to tough chicks AA. Mr. Doggy and I are just kicking back today which will be nice - especially for him. He's been working really hard lately!!! I might go help serve dinner at the mission tonight. I'm not on the schedule, but they won't care if I just show up. I think a couple hours of that would be very nice for my day. I've already got beef stroganoff going in the crock pot, so there will be a good dinner waiting when I get home!

One thing is for sure, I am not going to spoil this Christmas Eve by drinking AL.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Merry Christmas, friends!

I made a spur of the moment trip to see my sister Wednesday so I could spend a few hours with her on her birthday and the anniversary of our mother's passing. I was so worried because of the sketchy reports I was getting from my BIL and brother, so I just decided to go see for myself. She has come a long way since I saw her 6 weeks ago, but they are concerned she has a leaky bowel. She looks good though (considering) so I am hoping and praying for the best. I had a nice visit with my SIL and brother and nephew so it was a good visit over all.

I love hearing about all the meal preparation and everyone's plans for the holidays! That lasagna sounds divine, Gia! I need to spend the day helping my boys clean the house , do some laundry and get supper ready for tonight. My MIL is coming and we'll have Oyster stew and either Tortellini, Chili or potato soup after the celebration service at church. I need to make a batch of Snickerdoodles for Santa yet too. Yowzer, I better get busy!

DG--be wary when you buy your new tree. I let my family talk be into a big, prelit tree from K-Mart, and some of the lights have never worked! Every year a few more go out. I have spent hours trying to remedy this, but now we have to put lights on it. IMHO, don't spend a lot of money for a prelit tree, and get a small one. I curse Martha Stewart everytime I put it up!:H

I envy you all with snow. We usually have snow by now, but it is just cold and dry here. It does make it better for those traveling though. I'm trying to have a good attitude about going to my sil's house tomorrow. Supper is not until 5, but they want us there at 11 so they can start drinking. Yippee! I hope someone gets a good book for Christmas so I can do some reading!!! I'm tired of pretending I enjoy watching them get drunk. Honestly, I don't miss that feeling one iota!!

Merry Christmas and God Bless you all with sobriety throughout the holidays!:l
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Wow! Gia that is one beautiful tree!!!:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

LVT, so good that Terry is improved. I'm glad it was a good trip for you all the way around. Thanks for the advice on the Christmas Tree!!! After the touch/taste one, I am not inclinced to look at any cheap ones. Oyster Stew!!! YUMM!!! What time should I be there?

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi LVT-so good to hear from you and so glad you were able to go see your sister. Your mind must be at rest now!
              I'm so sorry you have to be around a bunch of drinkers so early in the morning when dinner isn't until 5pm. Hope you can find a couple of books/crosswords/knitting etc to bring. Whatever will the boys do for all that time? I'll be bringing my knitting tonite and tomorrow to keep my hands busy and out of food/AL.
              Happy Christmas Eve everyone!!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

P3, is that your doggies in your avatar? Fabulous! Who would ever guess there is a Devil Dog in there???? :H

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

hidy ho ho ho ABerooooos!

thanks for the kickstart Gia, looks like most peeps are busy doing the holiday things.

back home now for the weekend and I'm finally going to sleep in tomorrow. woooooo doggy.

sober holidays are the stuff that good memories are made of.

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

lol DG!! that might have been the year he was on Prozac for a few months!! Might give that a try again (maybe I"LL take it :H).

Just back from Christmas Eve at my sis's In Laws. Way to much food found it's way into my mouth and tummy and way too much Seltzer and cranberry juice!! Bloat is too nice a word for the way I'm feeling but I stayed AF. Interestingly, the people who don't usually drink were tonite but no one got hammered as far as I could tell. Even my sister was drinking seltzer and then tea by the end. Yea!! Lots of jokes about college drinking were thrown my nephews' way by their older cousins. Sigh. If only they knew what might be in their biochemistry history!!

Anyway, just want to wish all my fabber abber friends a wonderful day tomorrow and hope everyone had a fabulous evening. Lav-there's room at our table-you're a mere 6 hours away. Come on up!!

Time for this papmom to head to dreamland-if my tummy will cooperate!!

:l :h
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                    X