AF Daily - December 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - December 26th

Everyone must be sleeping in from yesterday's festivities!

We had a great holiday with family and friends.

We have more family to visit today but I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a wonderful day!

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

AF Daily - December 26th

Good morning Uni & all Abbers

We have a big snow storm on the way so I have to run now but will be bavk later!
    Have a good day everyone.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

Using said big storm as an excuse to stay in my jammies eating leftovers and watching the BBC/A&E "Pride and Prejudice" from start to finish.

Better get those teenage chicks some mini snowblowers, Lav! And those hats with earflaps.

Hi Uni! Glad your holiday was nice.

Personally, it was so good to be able to trust myself this holiday season.

A happy, laid back Sunday for all Abs to come!

xoxo Pride
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

Pride, your day sounds so fabulous to me! I love it! I wish that movie was on today in my niche of the world. But since it's not, once I get home I have it on DVD so I'm going to do the same as you and snuggle in.

Just cleaning up here from Christmas, getting rid of boxes and wrapping paper and everything else and slowly putting things away. Little Gia has a nice big playroom now so we've been having fun playing with her new dollhouse and making food from PlayDoh and having pretend lunch and drinking from her new Barbie Tea Set. Having kids is so much fun.

I'll probably be putting my tree and decorations away in the next couple of days; we've had everything up since November 15th, so it's time to claim the house back. We do enjoy every moment we can from Christmas. But, I do like to have it all down before New Years.

Love to you all! And a nice and sober day to all!

AFM, you are always in my thoughts my dear friend. I think you should book that flight and come for a visit when you need some time away from everything familiar in your world. Love to you and Little AFM, she is such a gorgeous little girl.

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

Merry day after Christmas from the Great North! Ok New England but by this time tomorrow it will look like the Great North!! The wind has really started picking up here on top of my hill -the snow is just spitting but it won't be long now. Watch out Pride!! It's a coming!! I've got food and candles (flameless and regular), lots of flashlights and batteries in case the power goes out (which I really hope it doesn't as it will get super cold in here and what would I do without my laptop???). Unfortunately my snowblower won't start. Luckily there is a nice strong 17 yo boy next door who has orders to help me dig out and my neighbor across the street will come by with his machine. I stocked up on gas as my contribution. I'm very thankful this is school vacation week and lots of business/colleges are shut down. It could have been much worse timing and probably will at least once this season.
          Today I'm going to work on my office in the house and do some rearranging etc. I need a change. Tomorrow if there is power I'll be doing some crock pot and cast iron skillet cooking. Now to get busy!!
          Lav-how is it out by you?
          :l
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

Snowing nicely in Connecticut! Good time for slowing down, taking stock and being peaceful. Pax, j
            Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

Snowing here papmom & I am totally grateful for my generator - just in case :H:H

The power goes out around here too frequently so we installed the generator. Honestly, before the generator I couldn't even flush a toilet, let alone get a glass of water when the power went out.

I'm stitching up my weekend ebay sales now but probably won't be able to ship them for a day or two......oh well.

Stay warm
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

Hello friends,

It sounds like everyone had a lovely holiday and enjoying the afterglow!

Since I am safe and sound at home, with plenty of firewood and food, a winter storm sounds nice. But, the sun is shining here, and all we are going to get is the wind. Sigh.

Our Christmas turned out ok. The boys were so excited this year, they woke us up at 4:45 to open gifts. Ugh. They didn't even do that when they were 6! So, it was rather a long day. Hubby and I had a little communication gap about the plans at his sister's. But, I called him on it and asked him if he couldn't say outloud what he was thinking or had discussed with his family since I still could not read his mind after all these years. I still have laryngitis, so I did raise my voice, and he started to do his usual "well fine, we'll just do this" thing, but I stood my ground and he remained calm and we came to a resolution. YAY!
                And even though I did get to watch them drink all day, it was ok. I took my appetizer stuff and built them there so I had something to do. As it turned out he and I both rode home with his mom and left the boys there to hang out with their cousins. A win win situation for all.

Today, I am going to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet and try to catch up on some more laundry. Have a great sober week all. Thank you for your friendship and support!:h
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

Hidy ho Xmas survivors!

AF and happy on the homefront. and.... you won't believe this. I didn't even eat any sugar or white flour yesterday. I'm being so good....do I get a gold star?

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

Deter!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

awwwwwwww
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

IT is with a heavy heart that my dad passed away at 4:02pm Pacific time.

He is no longer suffering.

I am OK. I am glad that he is out of pain.

xoxo

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

So sorry about your father AFM, so sorry for your loss, j
                          Cuckoo for Cocoa Puff!!!

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

(((((AFM))))) and (((((Little AFM))))). He fought the good fight and so did you. He's at peace now and looking down upon you both. Get you some rest now. :l :l :h

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily - December 26th

AFM, so sorry for your loss, your Dad is at peace now.
                              I'm thinking of you & little AFM tonight.
                              Be well.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X