AF Daily-Wednesday 1/12/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I continue to be AF but my depression remains an issue. I've been trying to get someone to see me but haven't had any luck so far (I unfortunately live in a rural area where there aren't a lot of options). As much as I hate the idea I may have to go back to the sub-par county mental health clinic I left in October after I was counseled to go to Weight Watchers to deal with my bulimia.

The whole thing is pretty frustrating.

We got quite a bit of snow last night and I'm having a hard time dealing with that. I'm fairly confident I'll be able to make it to work at 3 p.m. this afternoon but I haven't been able to get out to go to the gym this morning which really freaks me out. I feel like I have to lose the 20 pounds I gained during my last 3 months of drinking and not being able to exercise even one day upsets me enormously.
    Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

Hi everyone,

CL - I feel for you as I suffer from depression as well. Are you currently on an anti-depressant? Can your family doctor help speed up the process for you at all?

If you can try to not worry about the 20 pounds right now and just worry about getting your depression under control - I know, easier said than done. Just do what you can when you can - it's hard, I know. If you feel like you can't make it to work, call in sick. Depression is an illness as well. Sleep if you need to.
      PM me if you want. And congrats on being AF during this time - that takes an internal strength you probably weren't aware you had!

It's windy and chilly in the Keys today. Took my neice to daycare and am going to go for a hair appointment and a massage today. A little bit of cleaning as well for my sister so it is nice for her when she comes home on Saturday. I was hoping to go to the beach but no such luck today. Oh well, maybe later in the week!

Have a good one guys.

Love and hugs,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Well the blizzard is about over but it's still blowing pretty hard out there. I got out of my sick bed to shovel the walks and get my car cleaned out and shovel some paths for the boyz. My neighbor's boy had been out since 4:30am shoveling and didn't have any motiviation to help me out. My sister didn't want my nephews driving. Luckily my neighbor 2 doors down was out with his snowblower so I swallowed my pride and asked if he could help me out since the plow had just come by again. he did my drive and half my walkway. Very nice!! However, I think instead of looking to buy a new house I need to be looking for a condo assoc that will allow 5 pets!! Either that or move out to CA or FLA (it might be cold but at least there isn't snow - yet). I'm not up to dealing with this shite anymore I can tell you that. Last year I would have been deep into a bottle of wine by now. Today I have no desire. Thank God!!!! Oh, BTW-2 feet easy!! And the drifts make 3 ft in some places.
        Pride-how did you make out????

Where is everyone else????
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

100 small size diapers in that cake for your dining pleasure Greenie :H:H

Marshy, I seriously lack the hand-eye coordination needed for digitizing embroidery designs. When someone brings me a pictiure or drawing of something they want embroidered I send it to a digitizer. They send me back the design ready to be stitched out.
          The baby animals in PJs designs I purchased from a stock design company & they are now part of my HUGE collection of designs

It is very cold & windy here tonight blowing the snow all over the place - Brrrr!!!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

You got out of your sick bed to shovel?? You absolutely amaze me with your "git 'er done" attitude about everything. You are my hero. When my sister talks about me moving up there I think about how beautiful it is..... and then I remember the snow. Shoveling snow isn't something I want to include in my life. Ugh. That is all.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Lavande;1040618 wrote: 100 small size diapers in that cake for your dining pleasure Greenie :H:H
              Yeah, yeah... yuck it up...I'm still confused. :H Can you use the diapers? Are they "real" baby size?
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Greenie :blush: :blush: You are too kind. Too bad I didn't appy that same attitude today to the work load I brought home with me!! :H I think tonite I shall commence condo shopping. Dad's going to have to fare for himself me thinks.
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

No more shoveling papmom

Greenie, I used Pampers newborn size diapers. You roll them up & secure them with rubberbands & hide all that with wide ribbon. But after the party you take it all apart & there's 100 diapers ready to use

I think we should look a nice condo complex somewhere around here - papmom, Lav & Greenie could be neighbors & the maintenance people would do the plowing & shoveling!!!! That would be cool

I know we are post - holiday calories watching But I have to tell you I just made some Martha Stweart Coconut cookies for the shower & they are good!

Coconut Cookies - Martha Stewart Recipes

Save the recipe for a special occasion
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I heard coconut cookies dipped in chocolate (like you do strawberries) are fantastic.

OK, I googled diaper cake....:H So now I get it. Lav your's rocked! Those are EXPENSIVE!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X