Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday, January 18th

Good morning AF'ers!

It's been a long few days! I had bought a new window for my bedroom and my wonderful Dad put that in on the weekend for me. I love it, it's gorgeous. I also bought some nice thick moulding and headers for it as well..love, love, love it. There was a mini demolition going on to remove a partial half wall in my house which was obstructing the flow I believed and Dad and Little Gia took that down as well..her with her little hammer and work boots on helping, it was the cutest thing I ever saw. And new cedar shakes are going up as well on the outside. Yah for home reno's!

Apparently it's colder then a witches titty out there today. Personally I would know how cold a witches titty is, but I'm assured it's this cold. Hah! People are funny, but it's damn cold out today.

I hope you all had a great weekend!!

And something cute to start the day...a picture collage of our Furbabies.

Comment

Morning Fabbbies!!!

Thanks for the start BB! Sounds like you got your groove back! Pic collage is awsome!

Lav, the sun is NOT here. It's a cold blowing rain on the banks. Better than what I suspect YOU have though. Good day for a book.

IJM, that alone thing.... funny isn't it? I'm glad that I am safe in that arena and it doesn't cross my mind. Geez look where I am right now. Who would we be fooling, right? It would show itself eventually. Just like sneaking candy shows up on your arse. I wonder sometimes about different situations.... people quitting who have someone there who is supportive, or not supportive, or a sabatoger, or who are alone with nobody watching at all. How that makes a difference, or if it does. It is such an individual thing after all.

Feed your mojo today!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Looks like a winter wonderland here today, ice covered snow & now a bit of rain falling!

BB, nice collage! Your pets are all color coordinated :H
        The last house we lived in we renovated from top to bottom, I remember the plaster dust up my nose ~ memories!

Hope everyone has a terrific AF Tuesday, I'll be back later.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Greenie
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Lav
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Love the pics BB, the black and white kitty looks like my Diablo! I love him, he's so funny and a trouble maker! Good to see everyone! I feel great today and I hope everyone else does also! Have a fab AF day!
              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hey Lav, Greenie and Jenny!

My pets are all monochromatic aren't they? LOL. I don't know why but I'm drawn to those colours for animals.

It's cookie baking time today so we've been eating warm chocolate chip oatmeal cookies from the oven..delicious. It's so cold here today that we have NO plans on leaving our front door.

Comment

Oh BB you are making my mouth water!

Comment

They turned out really good this time, one of the best batches I made in a long time. I have no idea why because when I was making them I didn't think they were going to turn out that well.

Comment

I haven't commented in a couple days because I feel like I don't have anything to contribute except depression and anxiety. I'm still sober by I'm concerned about how long I can keep it up. My life seems to have come to a grinding halt and I've been feeling increasingly hopeless. If this keeps up I'm afraid alcohol will start looking like a way out.
                      Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

Lily, how long have you been on your meds now? I thought they were starting work? Have you been focusing on negative things lately. There are lots of times I don't really have anything to contribute really, but coming here and chatting does help. You know the booze will only bring you down further and make your depression worse. Please don't attempt going down that road thinking it will make things better, because it won't.

Comment

My meds have made a slight difference-- I'm not catatonic like I was a week ago but I'm still pretty depressed. I haven't been able to see a psychiatrist yet so I'm only taking the anti-depressants I have available, which is Prozac. Back in November I was also taking Cymbalta and Abilify but I don't have any refills of those. I've been calling the Community Mental Health Clinic every couple of days trying to get an appointment but they just tell me they'll call back then don't. It just seems like there's no help available, that I'm supposed to fix this by myself when I don't know how.
                          Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

Lily I am in the admin part of the medical field and believe me when I tell you every couple of days is not the way, call every couple of hours and if they still won't help you ask to talk to the office manager and remain calm through all your conversations, medical office people will help you if you can get a person remember they got into the field to help people, when you talk to them treat them like a friend, gain their empathy go as high up as you need to, to get an appointment now! If they will not work with you either just show up in the office and tell them you need an appointment and you will wait until someone can help you get one ASAP or go to the hospital. You have to be aggressive but nice to get things done sometimes! I hope this helps.

Comment

I'm sorry Lily, I wish there was something I could do to help you more. I would keep harrasing them until you get an appointment. Can you walk in and make them see you? It's harder for them to say No when you're standing right infront of them. Just don't pick up the booze thinking it will make you feel better for a while..

Comment

Working...
                              X