Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday, January 18th

x post BB great minds think alike!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

((Lily)) Hang in there, OK. Drinking will only make you feel more depressed. Plus if you are already this depressed, and on anti-depressants, who knows if drinking anything will push you over the edge.

It is frustrating to try to get help when you need it ASAP! Can your GP see you, and help you out until you see your psych doctor?

BTW, I was pretty depressed in October, November, and December... posting here nothing but my blues. The thing is, is that these people really helped me huge during my darkest days. They were completely supportive, and loving. I really don't know where I would be without them! Being depressed and feeling alone is horrible. I highly recommend you to post, post, post!

I am working from home today and thankfully so. Little AFM caught a cold and is home with me. I guess my sister was right that once kids start school they seem to always be sick. I would have sent her, but school rules say that if a child has an onset of a cold or flu, to keep them home. And so be it, I guess.

Other than that, my training last week went well. I am on my way now to keeping a roof over our heads. Thank God! My mother and Nana were really great on the weekend and brought us up a huge care package to help us until we are back on our feet. There is light at the end of this tunnel.

So, I am going to read around a bit on the boards and then head out to the pharmacy to pick up some medicine for the little one. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Lily, BB is right. Don't pick up the booze no matter what you think. IT WILL MAKE THINGS WORSE. PERIOD.
        Here are some websites you might take a look at; I'm not at home so these are off the cufff so to speak.

Daily OM
        Dr. Andrew Weil - stress reduction, breathing, yoga poses, etc.
        Spiritual River?
        Read Sheri's threads in What We Believe section - It's Up to Me, the one about detachment
        Look at info in the holistic section and see if you can find alternatives to traditional meds.

Thinking about you. :l
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hey Jenn! You are right there. Walk down there and tell them you would like to see the doctor for a refill and you will wait till he can see you. Tell them it's very important to get this done and you don't mind waiting..

AFM, great to hear you on the upward stretch babe. Poor Little AFM, I hope she feels better soon. The cold and flu season is here, that's for sure. They just get over one bug and come home with another. No kidding, since I stopped drinking I went through a period of getting sick easily now I rarely catch a bug. I also think it has to do with the fact that I eat a lot of spicy food and like the old lady in the Frank's Red Hot Sauce commerical "I put that %$#@ on everything!"

Comment

LOL! BB, ain't that the damn truth! When I first went sober, I was sick quite a bit, now I have managed to stay well through all of the bugs. I had a sore throat the other day, but it's gone. I have been taking Cayenne Pepper everyday, and I honestly swear by it. I love that commercial It is hilarious! Take care, hun. I am off to the pharmacy with the grumpy one now.

Comment

Working...
            X