AF Daily - FRIDAY January 21, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saving the spot...I need to go make coffee strong enough to keep the spoon standing.

I'll just sit here and nibble chips and dip till you get back.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Morning Greenie!

Your chips and dip sound really delicious! Yummy! I love having things like that in the house. Lately I've been making something so easy and so delicious to snack on.. it's so simple. You just need a tube of the Pillsbury Croissants, a small Brie or Camembert and apple/pear Compote. You unroll the dough, place the small wheel of cheese in the middle, spoon the Compote on top and wrap it in a pretty little parcel then bake it in the oven at 325 until it's golden brown..then cut into it. The cheese is nice and melted perfectly, the pastry is done and the compote with it is really delicious! Everyone I make it for loves it, and it's so simple.

Comment

Today, I am painting a room for my girl..Abby Cadabby Pink (Sesame Street), and she loves it. I started it last night but ran out of paint so today I have to get more and finish. Busy day of a Mom! And apparently we're getting another storm. So, I need to run and get more milk..everything else is good to go!

Comment

Good Morning Abbers,

I hope you dont mind me jumping in the thread. Today is day 12 for me and my plan to make it through another AF weekend is going to hot yoga again on Saturday. I went last night and though it's hard work, i feel so good when i'm done.

I feel really good and solid in sobriety at this minute but I know how easy it is to let that slip away so I'm hanging onto to the good feelings and remembering how awful i feel when i've slipped in the past.

Have a wonderful sober Friday all!
          AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Good morning to you!

Welcome to the AF Thread! I really miss taking Yoga, I loved it.

It is very very easy to slip into daily drinking again, yesterday I had some really strong urges and it hit me out of the blue. I don't know if because it was storming and habit for me was to relax with a glass (bottle) of red wine or what, but thankfully I didn't give into it. Sticking here with all these wonderful people help keep me on the straight and narrow and focused, while having fun at the same time. Good to see you here!

Comment

Happy Friday morning Abbers!

Mstall, good to see you & congrats on your 12 AF days
              Stick around with us, we are a determined group here!

BB, I'm sitting here pouring strong French roast coffee down my throat this morning too! I woke up extra early after some disturbing dream, sigh.

Greenie, we are going to have to clean up your diet after the week is over :H Actually, my diet has been all that great either. I dislike this time of year, always have. More fresh snow on the ground, lucky me. Hard to imagine there's still 2 more months of winter to deal with yet

Wishing everyone a fabbie AF Friday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Lav, I had some pretty messed up dreams myself last night.. they restarted and resumed as well even after getting up a few times. Very tiring and a little too real for my liking.

Comment

Hello friends,

Just checking in to say hi to everyone! Welcome Mstall!

I'm going to try out my new steam cleaner then off to work and then more basketball. This is my 2nd steam cleaner (for floors) I wasn't too thrilled with the first one. That is what I get for not reading the reviews before I purchased. I hope this one works better so I only have to return one.

Have a great sober Friday and a loverly sober weekend all!:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Morning abbers!

I am having a hard time getting moving today. I am just exhausted and I know it's due to all the running around and caretaking that I have been doing. I have to go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription but other than that I hope to have a fairly low key day doing squat. Thank god for strong coffee! LOL

That cheese sounds amazing BB! I love Brie - I would love it with a pepper jelly, that would be yummy! I'll have to try it next time I have people over.

I got my 6 month pin and chip last night - felt really good. I really enjoy the people at my home group, they are so kind. I needed that.

Okay, off to pour more coffee and chillax for the day cause I am beat! Have a good AF day abbers.
                    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                    :h

Comment

Mornin'!

YAWN, YAWN, YAWN!! Been up since 4am! Thanks to Little AFM.... however, she fell asleep yesterday at 4pm on the couch and when I carried her to bed at 7pm she slept right through to 4am. So, that is good. This kid never gets more than 8 hours on a good night! It is Friday, so I will just slug my way through it.

Congrats on your 6 month pin and chip, Uni!

Welcome, Mstall!

Hello to everyone else and all to come. Must run. My child is harassing my cat and I can hear him getting mad. LOL!

Comment

icky....ended my trip early due to my cold relapsing into a flue or something. just nasty sick. sorry to be un-fun.

congrats Uni! you deserve it

be well everyone and take your darn Vit C!

(and garlic goes without saying)
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Oh poor Deter!! So sorry that nasty cold got worse. Hope you're home and snuggled up and being taken care of. Get well wishes flying your way.

Uni!! Congrats on getting your 6 months chip and HUGE congrats on 6 months!! Well done!!

BB-that cheese pastry thingy sure sounds good and easy enough even for me!! Hope we get pics of the Pretty in Pink room!!

AFM-hope you get better sleep tonite! Sweet dreams.

:welcome: Mstal and congrats on 12 days. Stick with us and it will be 30 before you know it!!

Lav-hope the chickies are ok in this frigid weather!

LVT-how did that new steam cleaner work out? I have one too and I hardly ever use it even tho I had great intentions when I bought it. Such a great idea really. Guess I'll have to drag it out and give it a whirl the next time I have a few extra minutes.

Greenie-hope the weather is a bit better for you on Nags Head. I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE chips and dip. Since I stopped drinking-not so much. My obsession is sugar now, not salt.

I'll have a pic for you all tomorrow of what my yard and street look like after 3 storms in a row. This one dumped at least a foot even tho the official count was 7 inches. Not in my neighborhood!! No wonder I'm cranky, blue and not sleeping well!! It was half a snow day today but I didn't go in. The road reports were nasty with all sorts of bizarre accidents happening and repeats of the marathon commutes from Tuesday. Nope, I stayed home, did my work in the morning and spent the afternoon digging out.

Hope more peeps can check in tomorrow-DG, Pride, IJM, AAthlete. Anyone heard from Chief? Hope he's OK. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Sweet dreams everyone.
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                          X