Jubilant January - week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey John, Good Morning to You! Good Morning Paguy! (insert Robin Williams' voice here from Good Morning Vietnam)

Cassia-I think that your idea about setting up Star's co-worker is the BEST idea! Star-here is your chance to stay one step ahead of your co-worker. Let her dig her own grave and jump in. With Cassia's idea, you're not tattling, but you are letting your supervisor see what a devious b*tch this woman is. Cassia...please stay with us!

John-15 inches!!!! OMG...how can you drive to work?

Comment

Hello all, Star I'm so sorry that you're having the problem with your colleague, I know at first hand how difficult it can be dealing with someone like that, I do hope that some of the suggestions on here will be of help to you.

This is just a very quick fly by cos I'm rushing out and I wanted to touch base with you all and say that you're in my thoughts.

Have a good day one and all
      love Sooty

Comment

Star- Rusty and cassia has given you some sound advice here. Go ang quietly kick that woman in the butt! Arghh I hate bullies.

Rusty- Ms Psycho has used up all her channels to bully me. She has contacted close customers of mine to tell them I am an alcoholic but got no where with that. I hope she has been abducted by aliens.
        Good to see you back again. I have missed your presence. You must have been lost without your computer!! I would be!
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Rustop- I made the coronation chicken without the red wine and its SCRUMMY!!!! Got them as sandwiches today. Thanks. x
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

Can u guys tell I work in a bitchy and v political place? Ah the wonderful world of banking!

I am also available for parties and honeytraps.
            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Hey all,
              I'm multi-tasking, which is always a challenge at my age. Trying to learn how to crochet a hat on line, something other than a scarf, something not rectangular. Making a soup which calls for 11 vegetables; recipe from my favorite cookbook writer. Anybody familiar with Mollie Katzen? For me she is the best vegetarian cook ever.

Snow is predicted and am waiting impatiently for it to start. So sorry Pap and Pay that you got so slammed and are unhappy about it. Lav, did it snow on you too?

Off to Chicago tomorrow to visit my friend in the high rise by the lake. Visiting her is like going home, a 43 year very close friendship. Her husband was my first boyfriend in college. Such a hoot. And our combined 5 children were all born in a 4 year span; they are like cousins. We've been trying to marry her daughter off to one of my boys for years. She's like yuk, it would be like marrying my brother!

Sometimes I feel guilty listening to all of your troubles at work. Right now (thank you HB) I don't have to work. But when I do work, one of the beauties of substitute teaching is not getting caught up in all that workplace drama.

Okay, the leeks await me. Love to all.

Sped

Comment

Arrrrrrrrggggggggg!!!!

What crap!
                Lost power here last night at 10:30 pm - the generator didn't kick on the way it's supposed to so........
                No heat, no water, no lights, nothing!!!!!

Called YB & told him to take a helicopter if he had to & get here to fix the generator. Turns out the battery was dead. It's been replaced & I now have heat & water & a few lights. The cable just came back as well.
                I measured 17-18" of snow - who needs it???? Shelley, please come take it off my hands :H Just to make a perfectly miserable day a little worse my neighbor asked if he could borrow the snow blower - I said sure! He brought it back half an hour later with a broken belt

Sorry, I hope everyone else is having a terrific Thursday.
                It can only get better from here, right????

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm with you Lav!! Arrrggghhhh!! At least I didn't lose power but it was a marathon shoveling session. My sister sent my BIL and my neph over to help. I thought my BIL was bringing the plow but me and my big mouth mentioned that there was nowhere to put the snow. Should have let HIM decide that :H. Anyway, between my neighbors and my family, we got everything shoveled out. My neph used the roof rake and got a good amount off my flat porch roof. I paid him $20 even tho he said not too. He's such a good egg. Here are some pics from today:

My tall and strong nephew taking some of the weight off the roof:

The eternal shoveling of the warning track so "Houdini" (aka LM) doesn't escape:

There really is a fence separating our yards under there somewhere!! Just hope her dogs don't figure it out!!

The almost insurmountable snowplow pile!! It took 5 of us to take it down!!

Looking down the street at the sidewalk before the calvary got here:

New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

p3 and lav-Oh wow!! Thats some serious snow! Argh. That would get on my nerves after a while
                    Be strong-

Comment

rebirth - the snow already is on my nerves :H

I didn't take any pictures papmom - it's depressing!

I'm happy to report that the house warmed up, the water is hot enough for a shower & I'm now clean. Had to get that done before dark......no lights in that part of the house I just called the electric company & got a recorded message that power will be back on tomorrow by 4:30 pm - are you kidding me???? Hope the generator doesn't suck the propane tank dry in the meantime!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Geez Lav. What a nightmare!
                        Be strong-

Comment

Good morning all....

Lav and Pap, what a lot of snow, thank goodness next week if February. It means that the beginning of the end is in sight, not that we won't keep getting snow. Sometimes JanuaryT is just the longest month of the year. Thanks for the pics. It has been snowing here, but just a few inches.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support about the work situation, I am taking everything into consideration. I am going to see if my supervisor says anything to me, if not, then it must not be important as she is a straightshooter. If so, I will just say that I understood that the chain of command was that time off requests go to her, my supervisor only.

Rebirth, it appears that your harrasser has shown herself to be an a##. Give her enough rope and she hung herself. Truly, when you talk crap about people, you end up looking really bad. You seem used to the situation and calm about it. Good, you did not need that kind of treatment.

Sped, I love Chicago, I think it is supposed to snow this weekend, have fun.

I have a busy AF weekend planned, exercise, movie, lunch out, plus all my household stuff. I am so thankful to be AF this month, just wanted to say. Sending you all strong positive energy.
                          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

TGIF Jubilant Ones!

Star-I think it's a splendid idea that you tell your nasty co-worker that time-off requests are approved through your supervisor, only. If this woman is a bully to you, she will show her spots to your new supervisor, because, just like Rebirth's harrasser, this woman is not going to be able to change her personality for your supervisor. If she just sucks up to her, then it will show through and your supervisor will be onto her in a heartbeat. Wishing you strength. I have thought of you so often, Star....when you say, thinking/acting mindlfully. Yes, that's what I plan to do for February. You sound so at peace, and I'm thrilled for you.

Focused February. I like that the best.

Papmom and Lav-:eeks::damn:is all I have to say about that snow. Papmom, shovelling is great exercise, according to my tiny sister. I suppose that's the only good thing about it? Lav, your neighbor broke the belt on the snowblower?! Did he offer to pay for it?

Shelley-have fun in Chicago. I know just where your friends live. When I was in graduate school at Northwestern, I used to dream about living there. Obviously, I'm still dreaming!:H

Cassia-what is a honeytrap? A new word for me. You work in banking....that's an industry that's gone through some extremely tough time. My neighbor worked for Wells Fargo...got laid off and has a bitter taste in his mouth.

Chill-have fun with Wanna this weekend.

G-have you any new songs we can watch on YouTube?

Rebirth-thank you for thinking of me and I'm glad you missed me.:h Your harrasser is just digging her own grave. She must be very mentally unstable. I wonder if she's a distant cousin of the woman who was harrassing me? Nah, my harrasser refused to go to AA.

John-I am just so impressed wtih the way you have bounced back from your surgery...you're running and everything. That is great!

I rescheduled my clients from yesterday and today....I am struggling still with jet lag and insomnia, and yesterday...I was overcome and just could not think of driving 3 hours in a snowstorm. They were very nice about it, though. Today, is paperwork, lots of exercise, and a big fire in the fireplace.

I feel great to be AF today. Grateful to have wonderful friends, family and a career.

To everyone I didn't speak to today, have a wonderful AF Friday!

Comment

Honesty gets us sober, tolerance keeps us sober.

Good Morning Rusty and Star and Greetings Rebirth!

My sympathies go to our east coast U.S. friends, Pap, Lav, and Paguy. The pictures of all the snow were crazy! Watching it on the news I really felt for you all. And Lav! I would have freaked out if my generator didn't come on. Thinking of you all.

Greetings to all who check in and wishing you all a great AF Friday.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning all,

Ugh, still overcast & this old body is tired from yesterday's shoveling events! It sure doesn't get any easier. I suppose that's why I dreamt of a condo in Florida last night......
                                We're supposed to have snow showers later today & tomorrow - why? Who ordered more? :H

I need more coffee - nothing is working right around here today - including my brain :H

Will be back later!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X