AF Daily ` Sunday January 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG :shocked: Where is everyone today??????
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Morning abbers. I had a hard time getting my butt out of bed today. It is now 10:14am and I am just sitting down to the computer with my coffee.

I've had a hard weekend in terms of depression. I am so sick of this! It just seems to come and go. The meds are helping compared to where I was before but it's just frustrating. I just want to escape - actually thought of going to the hospital last night to get some help because my mind was just going crazy - stupid hamster on the wheel wouldn't stop.

I am going to go get some groceries today and then just have a bath and relax. I need to do some serious self-care. I have a therapy appointment tomorrow and I'm going to check about going back to the facility that I did my rehab at - they also have a trauma and depression program there and I'm going to look into possilby being admitted for that program. I need to deal with this because it's killing me.

Aaaaaaauuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh - sorry guys, didn't mean to put a downer on the thread - that's just where I am today. Good news is drinking is not on my mind so that's a plus.

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Uni-I'm so sorry you're still feeling badly. Depression is just as devastating as any chronic physical ailment so you are right to explore all your options for treating it. Hope your therapist can help you come up with something.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Pride is alive and well-life just got in the way of MWO and everything else. She'll be back soon and sends her love.

Well, I did it!! I sent my resignation to the new owner of the RE company I work at on Saturdays. It was accepted but he hoped it wasn't anything they had done. Really?? How clueless can he be? I'm pretty sure I'm just the beginning of an exodus but I could be wrong. At least one other person will be quitting or getting fired in the next month. she refuses to say the greeting they want us to say and she says since she's on Unemployment, it' better for her to get fired.

time to get moving and do something productive today. Have a great one my friends!!!

:l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Wow, January is nearly over and so far I'm made it through alcohol free. Hasn't been easy between my depression and all the stress caused by the almost daily snow and ice but it's really helped to be able to use this forum to work through various things that have come up. I wanted to say thank you to everyone, and share my hopes that we'll all finish January AF and move on to February.
        Alcohol Free since 11/29/10!

Comment

Mornin'!

Uni (((HUGS))) Depression can be so debilitating. I am a life-long sufferer of depression. A few times in my life, even nonfunctional. It is horrible. I hope you can find some relief! Take care you!

Congrats on the resignation, Pap! Of course they won't admit it was anything they did. But sometimes, I truly believe some people are so stupid, they think the things they do is right or OK.

Hello, Lav, Lily & all to come.

I am off in about an hour to my elderly lady client. It looks like it may clear up today, so I would like to take her out for a walk.

Other than that, nothing overly exciting here. Same ol' same ol'.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Morning fabbies!

Aw, uni.....:l I'm sorry you are going through this. I wish I had some magic potion or something. The thing that helps me the most is brisk walking outdoors, preferably in the woods.

P3 glad to hear pride is alright. I can't wait to see what comes up next on your emloyment page! I hope it's a dream job

Good job lily! Can you tell a difference in how you feel?

AFM, I love to hear about how you like your elderly lady client. It just warms my heart. :h

I've done some packing up and am going to take little doggie to the beach. It's gorgeous out! Then I'll load the car - I need to leave by 6AM tomorrow to make it to a class I registered for.

Have a super Sunday! One thing's for sure!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning, all! I am now abstinent from alcohol (all of January thus far) and would like to begin posting in some of the ab threads.

Uni, I don't know you, but you're doing the right thing to address your depression - kudos to you for maintaining your sobriety through all of this! :h

Lav and papmom, I hope you're all dug out from your latest blizzard!

Comment

Congrats Lily for making it through January! One more day to go and we're in Fabulous February. Gotta be better right?

thanks Greenie and AFM for the support. I can't wait to have the time free to get going on my virtual assistant business! I have a great feeling about it!!

I'm taking a short break before I go back to rearranging. I've brought the foam couch up from the basement and it's in my office now. Not sure there is room for the bookcases on the sides yet, maybe one but then I can't have the horizontal shelf across the top. I havent' bought the bookcases yet so there is still time to decide what to do.
                The weave poles are set up in the basement so DD and I can get them down pat by the end of our class session and do our trainer proud. I inadvertantly left one of the pvc poles out in the backyard and it's now buried under 4 feet of snow. I used the short handle of an old dustpan and broom set that's been down in the basement for years and which I never got around to throwing out (thank you Universe!!). A little duck tape and voila! it fit into the pvc elbow!! More duck tape to mend the guide wires that broke as I was dragging the whole contraption in(couldn't be bothered to take them off the poles, right?) and we are in business!!
                Moved the treadmill up a few feet, plugged in my TV/DVD (only the DVD will work since I didn't spring for the 3rd Direct TV receiver) and I'm ready to start the Couch to 5K program in the mornings (HP-PLEASE help me to wake up in time to do this before work!!!!). All I have to do is go to the library and check out some cool movies to watch while running.
                Also brought down my old vanity table that was just taking up space in my office. It will now be my new grooming table!! Just the right height. I will need to figure out something to attach to the wall to hold the slip collar. Actually, I think I have just the thing out on the porch if I didn't throw it away this fall. I love when a plan comes together!! used to love the A team too!!

my house looks like a cyclone hit it but I feel pretty productive right now. Just crossing my fingers that my washer isn't really leaking or not draining properly (went down to put a load in and noticed about 6" of water on the bottom of the tub. Drained it and went back in and saw some water on the floor-hopefully that was from the clothes I dragged back out AFTER I realized there was a shite load of water in there!!). But, if it is leaking, I'll clean it up with the wet/dry and tomorrow call the repair guy. Nothing to drink or get worked up over. Not this year anyway!!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

WHOO HOO FENNEL!!!! Congratulations!! I'm soooo proud of you! And a HUGE :welcome: to the wild and crazy Daily Abs!! I have missed your wicked sense of humor and your wonderful compassion.
                  How are you and Mrs. Fennel doing? Did you buy that new property yet?

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Tootles everybody! How's the Sunday coming?

Little Gia woke up with a cold this morning, my poor little girl. She did get some outdoor time when the sun was out and we took her on the donut sledding, she had a really great time and it was so much fun listening to her laugh all the time.

Pap - Look at you go! You're really on the ball with all this organzing and exercising. Woohoo! I hate when something goes wrong with my appliances, it really sucks. If my dishwasher ever broke down I would go into a coma I think from shock if I had to wash a dish by hand. I don't do that. Hate it.

Fennel - Welcome to the Crazy House!

Greenie - A trip to the beach would be great. Ours is closed for the winter, they lock the gates so people don't get stuck back there with vehicles. But we can still hike, snowshoe or cross country ski if we want too.

AFM - How was your walk? I think it's great that you enjoy it, so many elderly people get shoved to the side and forgotten, it's really sad. Good thing she has you to brighten her day.

Lily - 1 month already! Good Lord that went by fast. How are you feeling now after being sober for this long? It's a great feeling isn't it?

Uni - Depression does suck, I hate hearing that you're going through this. Our long winters don't help either. I hope we get an early Spring because it's starting to wear me down too. Not enough sun, it's gray and dreary almost everyday..

Lav - What are you up to today? Anything fun or relaxing?

Comment

hidy ho Aberoos!

Uni, I'd seriously consider getting some bloodwork done by another doctor and see what's up. there is simply no reason to suffer like this. love you sister XXXX

Lave, you live in thee mushroom capital? how cool is that.

Fennel, big welcome to you dear.

so glad to be home and getting rested up here....

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

So - the Abbers are still here & fennel too, awesome

Uni, I swear I've had better results with the herbal prep (Amoryn) than I ever had with Rx ADs.
                        Hope you find the right thing for you asap.

The sun is out this afternoon & hopefully some melting is going on. More snow on the way Tuesday - whether we need it or not!

Both of my kids, their spouses & of course EB will be here for dinner so I'm happy today
                        Yesterday I considered chewing my arm off - isolation makes you think crazy stuff :H

If I keep myself physically busy as possible I tend to do less mental obssessing. Yesterday I baked pain au chocolat (just for the hell of it) & today it's Apple Challah bread (EB loves it). My plan is to send it all home with the kids so I'm not tempted to overeat - my butt is not getting any smaller :H

Hope everyone has a good AF Sunday - keep yourselves busy - it helps
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thank you all for the kind welcomes.

Comment

hello all, made it through the first af weekend ive had in ages, didnt miss it at all. Strange how the head works , isnt it?
                            Uni sorry to hear your feeling so bad, sounds like your dealing with it tho, good luck.
                            Going to watch Mr. Nice soon and hit the hey.

Comment

Good for you limers!

Deter - I buy a 3 lb. box of super fresh mushrooms directly from the grower for $4! Unbelievably good

Had a great dinner with the kids & grandson. We do a lot of laughing together - keeps my spirits up!

Have a good night all.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X