AF Daily (*) Monday January 31st, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning AF'ers and goodbye January!

I am happy this is the last day of the month, it's been a long one for me and I feel like I have SAD. Going into the city today so I'm going to pick up some Vitamin D3 and see if that helps. We're expecting another storm here on Wednesday, there's a shocker.

How is everyone today?

Hey BB - it's friggin freezing here today - we are expecting a storm tomorrow and Wednesday as well. I am also glad to see the end of January - has been a crappy month for me.

I slept okay last night so I am feeling okay this morning. I don't have a busy day so I intend to do some self care before my group therapy tonight.

Have a good one guys - I'll check in again in a bit - gotta get the munchkin off to school.
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Morning BB and Uni,

we are having a mini snow storm here today and tonight. Supposed to get up to 6 inches. This is really getting old!

I am looking forward to suffering through a short February and then things start to warm up a bit. YAY!

Celebrating today with 3 weeks AF. I think i will give myself the gift of 30 mins on the treadmill tonight.

Have a great Monday all!
      AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

Good morning Abbers & I'm with you - goodbye January!
        We're expecting an ice storm here tomorrow. It doesn't get much worse than that :upset:
        I'm going to stay calm, not get angry about it (which I usually do) & just get prepared.

I also have plenty of stuff on my to do list to keep my from obsessing so I'm thankful for that

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday.
        Have we heard from Marshy lately? Hmm

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello, abbie-cadabbies!

Just a very quick one from me this morning.

Gia, do get some vitamin D. I give Little AFM it, and take it myself. It really does help.

Congrats on 3 weeks, Mstall!!

Hi Lav & all to come.

Gotta run! Business meeting this morning and everything is frosty, so have to scrape the windshields and get Little AFM to before school babysitter.

Have a great day!

Comment

delighted to hear your feeling better Uni. And weh hey on the 3 weeks Mstall!
            Been studying all day and feel ive learnt nothing...sigh!!
            Still, happy monday everyone xxxx

Comment

Hello friends,

I came to visit my sister late Saturday night as my calendar was open for a couple of days. I was hoping to get back home before this nasty winter storm moved in, but I overslept.
              Anyway, it feels good to be here in my parent's home. It is one of my favorite places to be when I'm not at home. It is snowing, blowing, and the wind chill is expected to be as low as 50 degrees (F) below zero! Brrr. I don't want to be out on the roads in that! And my sister doesn't need to be worrying about it. Hopefully my BIL and I will get to the hospital for a short visit this evening. She is doing better right now. One day at a time for her. I hope and pray she can come home and enjoy some quality of life for a long time.

A neighbor is coming over later for coffee. She was just diagnosed with cancer. UGH--that SHIT sucks!!

I plan to spend the day cleaning, putting away some more Christmas stuff and tidying up a bit for them. Terry wants me to make cookies too.

Take care sober buddies!:h
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I'm looking forward to February, too. Brings us ever closer to spring!

BB, one of my friends has SAD. She has a small, full spectrum light box she sits in front of for a few minutes each day. She says it really helps.

Comment

LVT - 50 below??? Good God!
                  Stay safe woman & I hope Terry is doing better.

limers - what are you studying?

Hey fennel, how's it going?

We have a massive storm moving in here later & I'm not thrilled, really
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey, lav ...I'm good, how are you? I think I'm getting the storm today that you'll be getting tomorrow. I think I just heard the weather gal say we're in for two back-to-back storms. It's bitterly cold and windy/snowy here.

Comment

Lavende, im studying social science, doing a social policy module and its tough going.
                      Also I awoke today and have a major zit!! My body is detoxing....woo hoo

Comment

Hey fennel, I'm good - still moaning about the weather, too hot, too cold :H
                        Honestly last winter was strangely severe for this part of the country & the summer was way hotter than usual. The weather geniuses are claiming this to be the 'new norm'. Wonderful!

limers, my DIL is also working on her degree to beome a social worker. I accidently (on purpose) talked her out of her last major - nursing. It beat me up after nearly 30 years & I just couldn't see her happy in that profession.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Can I join?

Hi everyone,
                          I'm back and starting over, looking for a thread to join and get connected again. I was thinking here cause I recognize some of you and its definately going to be a daily battle for me. I'm getting out the MWO book and CDs and then hit the health store tomorrow. Going for 30 days to start.

Anyways, hope you are all well. Except for the cold I guess. Hmmm, I'm in Alaska and its warmer here :H crazy
                          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

akgirl;1051778 wrote: Hi everyone,
                            I'm back and starting over, looking for a thread to join and get connected again. I was thinking here cause I recognize some of you and its definately going to be a daily battle for me. I'm getting out the MWO book and CDs and then hit the health store tomorrow. Going for 30 days to start.

Anyways, hope you are all well. Except for the cold I guess. Hmmm, I'm in Alaska and its warmer here :H crazy
                            :H:H Hi Ak :hallo:

Comment

Working...
                            X