Finally! (still 100% AF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally! (still 100% AF)

Finally I'm back in. My new virus protection would not let me access the site.

Drove me nuts.

Found out how to turn off part of the protection and now I'm here.

How ARE you guys???

Got a lotta catching up to do!

With love,
    T.
    AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Finally! (still 100% AF)

Hi Gaia,

Glad you're back, missed you
    I'm OK......waiting for the arrival of the first of the new grandbabies in about 2 weeks
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Finally! (still 100% AF)

welcome back Gaia!! We've missed you so and felt very helpless that we couldn't help you get online. Glad you're back!
      You've got a lot of catching up to do!! We've had some setbacks on the daily abbers. Need to circle the wagons a bit.

:l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Finally! (still 100% AF)

Good to see you Gaia! So glad you are still AF too. What all have you been up to?

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Finally! (still 100% AF)

Thanks for the welcome back, old friends!

I am glad you are well and still here.

I have been really busy. Formed my company. Took on one consulting project. Still doing another. Putting all the right stuff into the kids. Working on relationship with DH.

Christmas was REALLY hard for me. New Year's not so much, but Christmas eve involved tears and lots of bad thoughts. Drinking was not an option, but I did not prepare myself properly for my first AF Christmas. But, I got through it and now another first is crossed off the list.

I'm not bragging, just sharing in case it's motivational. Would not want to attract the evil eye.

Truly, everything I do seems easier now. I can handle it when things go wrong. I can hold emotions in check to think through all the levers on a situation and choose my response. Have you Abbers felt this way? I am really looking forward to being able to say that I have one year. Not perfect, by any means, and still a big baby in many senses but just feeling, well, like I like life more now. I think I appreciate things a little more too.

Hugs,
          T.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Finally! (still 100% AF)

Gaia, you sound FABULOUS!! I'm so happy for you that you are reaping the rewards of all the work it takes to build a sober,meaningful life. I'm not perfect either - not by a long shot. But I feel like a "grown up" now compared to my dismal response to life when my head was in the bottle.

YOU GO GIRL!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X