AF daily - Wednesday, February 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Det, good to hear from you today and that you're going to detox safely. Thank God you have such a great wife in DX, she is very supportive.
    Please let us know how you're doing as things progress.
    DG has made a really good point about a possible career change, have you thought about that? Something homebased or closer to home so you can have more stability?
    All the best my friend,

Comment

you know, this does bear serious consideration. if I could avoid the hotel lifestyle it would be hugely helpful to me. off to the clinic soon, be back. hopefully I can get this blood pressure down. it's now 148x100 which is not the worst it's been but like it to be a lot better.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi all

BB and Det great to see you back today - I hope you are feeling better today.

The snow is totally mental in the States at the moment -I saw a picture of the storm on HuffPost and I couldn't believe how massive it is! Stay safe all.

Well, I nearly caved today - I had one of the most stressful days I have had at work in a long time. The craving came big and it came strong. My saving grace was having the car and a meeting in the afternoon. I got so frustrated at one point that I could actually feel the tears coming! How unprofessional - I had to get up and go for a cig to calm down. My colleagues invited me for lunch but I declined because I know I needed to deal with the situation and not escape from it. Turns out that it wasn't as bad as I thought and we actually got a good result. But I was put in a terribly awkward position and will be feeding that back to my superiors. My office has so much political bs in it and I work in a very male driven environment and I felt like I acted like such a girl. I managed to pull myself together and get my positive vibe back. But damn, if it had been a friday and i didn't have the car I dread to think what could have happened. Thankfully, it was lunch so i got a nice lunch full of lovely fatty food - hey it's better then drinking and it maybe me feel hella better. Also, when I was out having a cig I gave myself a wee pep talk. I couldn't changed what happened but I could change how I react to it. There is no point in getting stressed if it is out with my control. It made me feel better.

So - massive headache now but watching some brain dead tv...I need to sleep soon though and put it down to a bad day.

Disaster averted.

xx
        'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Det, you miss DX a lot when you're gone. Maybe it's time to not be away from her so much? I'm sure she would love it as well. Staying in hotels all the time is really no fun, it gets old fast. I would rather come home everynight to my own things, kiss my partner, have a great dinner and spend a really enjoyable evening together. When you're away it's too easy to slip on a lot of things; eating properly, staying up too late everynight, drinking more.. it's a pattern, and I know lots of people that it happens to. You're right, it would be something to consider and talk it over with DX. I hope I'm saying too much, I'm just throwing it out there and it's all coming from a good place when I say it.

Cassia, I worked in a male dominated field and I know what you're talking about. Good for you on not caving!

We're getting pummeled here with snow, it's really a huge storm like they said it was going to be. I don't know when I'll get myself shovelled out, but as long as the power stays on I don't really care. Huge huge drifts..just had to shovel my door way out before I could get outside even..yikes!

Comment

Cassia, excellent job getting through the stress without AL. AL doesn't solve anything, but we have to learn new ways to cope. We can only do that by putting one foot in front of the other and just refusing to take that first drink. It WILL get easier. And who knows - maybe by facing work place circumstances sober and head on, there will be improvement there as well. (I know that stress all too well!)

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Deter- I sure hope you and DX can sit down and talk about your lifestyle when you are feeling better. In the meantime I hope the Librium works and you can get some good wholesome food into you (fatty junk food works too!!).

Cassia-there you go girl!! You just took a massive huge step towards a totally sober lifestyle: "I couldn't changed what happened but I could change how I react to it." Brilliant!!

Greenie would love what the Universe handed me today. I went out to shovel as it was time and I had someone coming to pick up my fish tanks i got last year (freecycle baby!!). I got the sidewalk done, my neighbors had done most of the driveway and I was starting on the front walk so they could get the fishtanks off the porch. Unfortunately I threw out my back a bit and couldn't keep going. I called my sis and she said my nephew would be over soon. I waited and waited for both parties and the fishtank people beat my nephew over. He rang the doorbell, identified himself and immediately thrust a Dunkin Donuts gift card in my hand!! Then when I apologized for the walk not being done and explained what happened, he grabbed my shovel and proceeded to do the whole walkway and then went on to my side steps!! I chatted with his wife the whole time and then found out that hubby used to work with a lot of bands: Poison, Van Halen and Extreme. Well, my mom was in one of Extreme's videos back in the early 80's before she got really sick with Alzeimer's (but I think it was beginning then, we just didn't know it)!! So off the whole happy family went with the fishtanksa and accessories and I'm still waiting for my nephew. The snowplow had come by again and there was another 2 or so foot high pile at the end of the freshly shoveled drive and I couldn't do a thing about it!! Then my neighbor from up the street comes by with his snowblower!! Wow!! I tried calling my nephew but his phone was off. he called me back and said he drove by and saw the guy with the snowblower. I asked him to come back and do the doggie yard and neated up the drive that the snowblower couldn't get to. I'm giving him a $25 gift card to Outback that I got as a gift from one of the Real Estate agents. I never go out to eat and he and his girlfriend LOVE Outback so he's a happy camper and shoveling out the dog's yard as we speak!! The Universe can be very kind sometimes!!

:h
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

x post DG!!
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Papmom3...that's awesome! I really believe that the universe gives you what you need when u need it. I also believe you are rewarded for your good deeds so u must have done something right! X

Comment

Checking in on my buds who are having a hard time.

BB and Det. Good to see you here. Where's Uni?

Yep, I used to travel quite a bit before kids. Hated it...the lack of routine, bad food, lack of exercise, strange environment, etc. I think my drinking really escalated during that time. I was so lonely that I would drink, drink, drink. And I couldn't sleep so again, drink. I also flew so much that I was able to upgrade to First Class...free drinks. It would be a huge trigger for me if I started to travel again and I turn down work that requires overnight travel. I am fortunate that I am able to do this.

Cassia..Congrats for getting through that tough situation.

Hope Uni is okay. I get concerned when someone falls off the wagon and doesn't check in.

M3
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

P3 has proved once again that husbands are a luxury but not a necessity. :H

JUST KIDDING!!!

M3, is your life back to normal post remodel? We are still having issues with one of the showers. I'm very happy though that our designer is standing by her work (and that of her contractors) and continuing to work on it until we are satisfied. Hopefully one more visit and we will finally be 100% DONE.

Uni - come out come out wherever you are.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

DG, We are pretty close to being done. Most of the inside work is finished. We have the screens on the porch to do and a few other things but our kitchen is fully functioning (yipee, love it). Floors were finally finished on Saturday (which means we can move furniture back in. Now starts the unpacking, etc. It's good to be on the other side of it.
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

momof3;1053264 wrote: It's good to be on the other side of it.
                          Indeed! Glad you are finally getting back to normal too.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

home with meds. I guess this is my official day one. still shaky but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. great work everyone and thank you one and all

be well
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey all,

Thanks for your good wishes and pats ob the back. Really appreciate it and I know we have definitely all been there!

L x

Comment

Working...
                              X