AF Daily - Friday February 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning fabbies! The driveway is clear so I'm getting back to zoom zoom life today. I'm looking forward to it!

Welcome back DogLvr - good to see that big nose avatar again. Good for you saying NO to the wine last night.

Det, good to see you and glad you are working your way through detox.

Uni??? Uni??? I hope you can check in today no matter what is going on.

I ate some crap food that doesn't agree with me yesterday. Felt like total shite for hours afterwards. Really was quite a reminder that I must be respectful of what I put into this old bod. I can't even imagine how shite I would feel if I threw some AL in there.

So...one thing is for sure. No poison for me today.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Oops! writing while you were marking DG!

Morning fabs!

'Tis a crazy week. And not just for me I see.....

Uni, BB, det forgive yourself and love yourself and your imperfections.

Here are 5 Affirmations for Loving Yourself: (from Louise Hay)

I now give myself the love and nourishment I longed for as a child.
    Love surrounds me and protects me every day.
    I was created by the Universe to express love.
    I am willing to fall in love with myself. I truly love me.
    Loving myself is the most important thing I do.

Hello and a big :l to all. Keep all those chins up! Collectively - I'm by no means implying that anyone has more than one. :H
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Morning ladies!

Another freakin' cold day here today! I've got all the heat jacked and we're all staying warm in flannel, fleece and thermal socks. Brrr. God love Canada in the winter.

I've had no drinking thoughts since..nope, I'm lying, I did which I forgot about. I had one yesterday while shovelling which made me shovel all that much more till all I wanted was coffee and good food. Which I gave myself lots of. I'm going to take some ribs out today and let them slowcook till they fall from the bone, it's that kind of day...with roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Comfort food day! No AL for me at all, zero...ziltch, nada.

Love the Affirmations Greenie...everytime I think of those I think of Charlotte from Sex and the City and her daily ones she was doing.

Need more coffee!

UNI, PLEASE CHECK IN!

Comment

A hearty good morning to the sober crew - sounds like things are starting off great!

I need some sympathy this morning.... My Senior VP just told me to sign up for a four-day software conference in Miami Beach at the beginning of April. Course spring break is the week before that and I'll be on a Caribbean cruise, so I'll end up getting almost two weeks in the sun. Poor me!

Actually, that second week probably won't be all that much fun, as its not like my work from the week before won't be sitting around waiting for me. Sure it will be lots of late nights playing catch up, and lots of busy days with sessions and conference calls with the office. Course, I will still be in Miami Beach...

Okay, caffeine in hand and work to do so I am off. DG thanks for getting us started this morning and I'm with you - I can't imagine how bad I would feel physically if I were to pour some poison into it.

Det, keep plugging away and let us know if there is anything we can do. Uni, if you're out there check in and let us know how you are doing!
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

What I'm thinking is "I think you need your legs broke to taunt and tease me right now with your vacation plans..."

But what I'll say is "I'm so happy for you AA!"

Happy Friday my friend!

Comment

Good Friday morning Abbers!

DG, I slightly over ate a couple of days ago for no special reason & went to be with a good old fashione belly ache! How stupid was that? I've been very good since

Ms Greenie - good to see you!
            I've been running those affirmations through my head for many, many months now.....they put a smile on my face

AA, if you need a stand-in for your software conference - just say the word!

BB, shoveling snow is an intense workout for me, makes me humble. I used to do all that with a hangover but no more - I can't even imagine :H Good for us to be sober shoveling these days :H

Det, hope you are improved today, hang in there.
            Uni, really hope to hear from you today.

Have lots to do so I'm going now but will be back later.
            Have a great Friday one & all.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Brigitte Bardot;1054011 wrote: What I'm thinking is "I think you need your legs broke to taunt and tease me right now with your vacation plans..."

Happy Friday my friend!
              That's okay - I'll just wheel by broken legs around in wheelchair enjoying the warmth of the sun! So :moon: to you (along with a Happy Friday)! lol
              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Morning all - DG - I am so excited about your 13 day countdown! Checking in this am to give me the strength to be good tonight - I guess if I head to the gym after work that's going to be a good distraction.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Comment

Lav, shovelling is an intense workout and uses a lot of muscle groups and it's cardio, you have to take it easy if you're not used to it. I try to do a bit at a time (normally 30mins-60mins) at a time then take a break and hydrate and go back at it. Thank God no hangovers are involved this time, that would be just horrible!

AA, you always have the right answers..lol, it's good to see you back here.

DogLvr, have fun at the gym! Buy new workout gear that always keeps me motivated!

Comment

Mornin'!

Uni, check in, OK? No matter what is going on, we are here for you!

I spent the WHOLE day either on the couch or in bed; aside from taking Little AFM to school and picking her up. I was flat out exhausted and coughing until I almost threw up! I am SOOOO tired of all the bugs going around! UGH! However, I am feeling A LOT better today. Even Little AFM slept from 4pm yesterday until 4am today. Good Lord! Lazy bums we are!

Well, today will be catch up day for work. And I am looking forward to this evening.... We are going to Family Fun night at a local mall and for dinner we are having appies. All of this Chinese New Year stuff is really making me crave spring rolls!

Must go and blow dry my hair before my gel dries and I have a very bad hair day!

Have a great day all! xo

Comment

AFM, I think we all need days like those..and mine is today! Little Gia actually slept till 7am, I almost died on shock so I suspect tomorrow it will be a 5'oclock world for us. All my friends over in Korea are really making a feast for the New Year, I wish I was there because it looks sooo good. Have fun at the mall! These ribs I have on are smelling so good! Once I start roasting the garlic bulb I'm really going to get hungry. I'll squeeze the roasted garlic into the mashed potatoes with a bit of the sauce from the ribs and some baby homegrown carrots on the side and dinner will be ready. I wish it was ready now, because the smell is driving me crazy to be honest.

Comment

Hello old friends!

I am back, and firmly planted in the land of AF'dom! 38 days and counting!

Skoots!
                        "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Evening lav, dg, aa, bb, greeneyes, doglvr, skoots, afm!

Woosh...I hope I havent forgotten anyone! Looks like we are all up and at 'em today so I hope you gave had a good one.

So I did something today that I thought I would never do...I went to the gym on a fri night! I did an hour and a half and feel great! My husband joined me for a bit! This would not have been possible over six weeks ago. I am pretty pleased with myself! Also got some good news workwise so all in all, a real good end to the week!

Any funny stories going round? It's good to have a laugh on a Friday!!!

X
                          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

skootiemom - welcome back, congrats on the success and keep up the great work!

Comment

I survived dinner out with friends and stayed AF - thanks to all of you ! I cannot wait to wake up bright and early, and feeling great tomorrow.!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X