AF Daily - Sunday February 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all! Hope you're all having a fantastic AF day. I am enjoying the cold and rainy weather since we don't get much of that in the "Sunshine State".

We'll probably watch a little Superbowl and just eat lots of food.

Have a great day all!

Comment

Afternoon ladies & gents! Back from New Buffalo, MI - were doing some extreme sledding and general R&R for a couple of days.... Had a great time - execpt the pool at the hotel was loaded down with what we found out were mineral salts (and not chlorine). By the time my son and I were done swimming our eyes were burning, and after dinner we had to get eyedrops. Didn't seem to help, so we looked it up on the web and they recommended using milk as it counteracts the acidity in the water - and go figure it worked!

Anyway, we're home safe and sound and ready to watch the Superbowl. Need a run first though - so off to work out so that I have plenty of room to stuff food and soda during the game. One thing for sure, there will be no booze on the menu!

Have a great day everybody!
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Hey everyone, I don't know what it is but I'm like a rollercoaster today for some reason. Happy one instant, kinda sad and off the next. I hate days like this.

Gaia, I did live in France, in the suburbs of Paris. It was really nice, I really miss the shopping, the food, the markets. It was a beautiful country to live in.

Uni, good to hear you're feeling better love. We couldn't be without you, we love yah girl. xoxo

Det, how are you doing today? How's the detox coming? Thinking about you and wishing you the best.

Mylife..what are you eating while watching the Superbowl?

Comment

Xposted AA - Great to hear you had a fabulous time with the fam!!

Comment

Hello again

Uni - looks like we both had the great idea of starting the thread today!

OK, about the blue egg........
            When I order chicks I get 25 Buff Orpingtons - brown egg layers.
            The Hatchery always throws in an 'exotic' for free. It's interesting to see what the day old hatchling is going to turn into - breed wise. This time the exoctic is an Amerucana - a blue egg layer. Sometimes they're called Easter Egg chickens
            Here's an internet picture for reference:

Hope everyone is having a great day!
            EB & his Mom are coming for dinner tonight. I've made his favorite cupcakes

YB remains a complete mystery to me.......he's really starting to remind me of the Lone Ranger :H:H
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav - that's so cool!!! I hope I get more blue eggs!

Bb - how did the cookies turn out? I never made the cupcakes...maybe tomorrow!

Xx
              'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Thanks BB - it was nice just to get away from the house for a couple of days.

And I'm with you and DG - no bra for me today either! Although it is is Superbowl and I'm a guy and a ex-high school football player, so I'll try to resist the urge to break out the old jockstrap!! :H:H

Okay, TMI I know...
                Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Hope everyone has a great time watching the game - I am the only one here without a beer in my hand. I had to check in here to get some more confidence. I made it through a full saturday afternoon/night without caving - very happy with myself right now.

See you Monday!

Comment

Great job DL - you can do this! You're not being left out by not drinking, you're just accepting who and what you are and operating within those boundaries. Just think how good you'll feel tomorrow morning - bet some of the others can't say that!

I was just thinking to myself a minute ago that I remember when the SuperBowl was the perfect excuse to get wasted... Not sure what I was thinking as I never really needed an excuse, and I hated going anywhere because that interfered with HOW I drank.... Tired right now and wish I could take tomorrow off, but it's comforting to know that if I did its not because I'd be too hung over to be productive.

Comment

Hey Hey Aberoos!

Spent day number 40 skiing on a Sunday.... and NOT hungover! Have not skiied in a good long while. Felt good.... and boy, did the Choco- banana loaf at the top ever taste good!

Since my stint in the hospital over New Years, I am busy with living life. I loved that quote and it is how I am learning to go about my days now. I was sooooooo feckin' worried what I was doing to my liver and wondering if I could manage that second bottle. Now that I know, it's kinda like the jig is up and the only direction is up, vs 6 feet down.

Enjoy your football! I am off to the hot tub, cause it actually hurts to even type at the moment...

Skoots
                      "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

happy evenining ABerooooos!

yes, I nailed my instructors test today so I'm happy and relieved. I was pretty stressed and sweating buckets, partially from still detoxing a bit I suppose.

I like this: "It's time to get busy living or get busy dying" I can definitely relate.

Uni, Skootie, glad your better

gnight all xxxxx
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AAthlete;1055325 wrote: Thanks BB - it was nice just to get away from the house for a couple of days.

And I'm with you and DG - no bra for me today either! Although it is is Superbowl and I'm a guy and a ex-high school football player, so I'll try to resist the urge to break out the old jockstrap!! :H:H

Okay, TMI I know...
                          OK - Gotta tell a funny Mr. Doggy story. Saturday after dog training he came in my office sporting his super tight "under armour" long underwear. He said "see? my man boobs are gone!" I personally didn't think he ever really HAD man boobs but he said since he quit smoking pot (same sobriety date as me) they went away. Guess it takes nearly 1,000 days for pot related man boobs to disappear. Bet you guys didn't know THAT little piece of trivia! :H

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Dg - that is hilarious!!!! I wonder how long it will take my alcohol related love handle to disappear!!

L x
                            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Cassia;1055576 wrote: Dg - that is hilarious!!!! I wonder how long it will take my alcohol related love handle to disappear!!

L x
                              If your love handles are like my love handles, that takes over 1,000 too apparently! :H

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X